Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's the last ride you ride at the Land?

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I know that everybody has a first ride they like to ride at Disneyland (my girlfriend and I always hit Pirates first), how about the last ride of the day?

For some reason on the last day of our trip we always end up at Peter Pan. It's about 20 minutes from closing and we are deep in 'a' heart 'a' the PP line. It's a totally absent-minded thing, but we always end up there.

Anyone else?

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Re: What's the last ride you ride at the Land?

Indiana Jones of course! But then that's also my first ride of the day.

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

My sister and I always have this tradition of going to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln because not only do we feel Walt's precense there...but the show enough makes you feel great about living in a country that gives you so much freedom and liberty...

Sadly though...during the 50th the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln has been changed to a show documenting the start of disneyland with Steve Martin as the show's host...don't get me wrong...I liked the movie only for its elements of historical value (which would be great for a Disneyland Rookie...not a Seasoned Regular)...but I can only see this movie one time and thats it...the show seems to be lacking Walt Disney's Spirit/Disneyland Heart...oh well just call me sentimental...

So now the last ride my sister and I have been doing is either pirates of the carribean or Golden Dreams over at DCA...
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Um, parking lot tram... Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by CaraGoCeltica
    My sister and I always have this tradition of going to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln because not only do we feel Walt's precense there...but the show enough makes you feel great about living in a country that gives you so much freedom and liberty...

Sadly though...during the 50th the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln has been changed to a show documenting the start of disneyland with Steve Martin...don't get me wrong...I liked the show...but I can only see it once time and thats it...the show seems to be lacking a Walt Disney's Spirit/Heart...oh well just call me sentimental...

So now the last ride my sister and I have been doing is either pirates of the carribean or Golden Dreams over at DCA...
    I really miss Lincoln, too. That's a really cool way to end the day. I miss the greater sense of history and vintage Disney found in the original presentation. The gimmics in the newer Lincoln are pretty cool, but I feel they give attraction slightly less of a repeatability factor.

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    I really miss Lincoln, too. That's a really cool way to end the day. I miss the greater sense of history and vintage Disney found in the original presentation. The gimmics in the newer Lincoln are pretty cool, but I feel they give attraction slightly less of a repeatability factor.

Thank god I have found another person who feels this way...The "pre-show" with all the sound effects seem to distract from the real purpose of the show...which is to hear Lincoln's Gettysburg Address...
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Shieldmaiden

Dumbo. It was my favorite when I was little--heck it's still one of my favorites. Late at night the line is super short, and you get the best view of Fantasyland with all the pretty lights. It's magical...I love it.
    "Then the heart of Eowyn changed, or else at last she understood it."
    ~The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien

Looking for Faramir...

• Minion

Our family either rides Splash Mountain last (saved fast pass) or the train around the park. We once stayed on until we were just about the last people off. It was a peaceful goodbye to DL, very nice.

MeiMei

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    Um, parking lot tram... Hello?
    Hey, me too! How about that?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Whatever sweet ride I just rented from Enterprise.

Actually, it's the Indiana Jones Adventure. So bittersweet knowing that it's the last ride for a while if you can't visit Disneyland every couple years or so.

Umm...well...seeing how Food Rocks doesn't exist anymore, I think the last thing I'd do is Listen to the Land and--

Err...oh, you mean Disneyland?! Whoops!

Seriously, the last ride is tricky one ever since DCA opened, because we'd usually stay a day and a half with a park hopper (since 2001), and usually we do DCA on the half-day (because, it is, well, you know) and it's been muddled since then. Our final ride last time was a double dip on ToT, and before that it was...ToT. In actually DL, I think we rode Indy last the previous two times...so, yeah, Indy...

• Circle of Ancients

Disneyland Railroad

• Still wants to be a cat!

SPACE MOUNTAIN, since that is when the Fast Pass is finally OK to use!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Indy first, and Indy last....always.

• Senior Minion

Space Mountain- fastpass, it was my 4th ride all weekend, I can't get enough of it. fantastic ride performance!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast