Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Imagineer In Training

80.7 miles from the happiest place on earth.

Re: what would you do to add to Frontierland?

Western River Expedition...expansion of RoA...

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by tllsknywhtboy View Post
    Western River Expedition...expansion of RoA...
    sounds good to me...but exactly what do you mean by expanding the ROA? It seems to be a good size to me already..

• Senior Minion

Is it that time again already? This thread seems to come up more than almost anything else. I think people just can't understand such a dead area existing within the berm of the worlds greatest theme park. Well, I've suggested many things. Lots of general small improvements and several ideas for rides. Some that I think had potential were a ride in a barrel through rivers and over a waterfall, a kind of Indy style wagon ride with some elements of WRE, a geyser ride in old fashioned bath tubs (picture tea cups meet mini ToT with water), and a few others.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

i've got a plan for frontierland that i'm working on and i don't want to go into detail until i'm finished but some of my ideas are:
    -adding a bell tower near the ROA dock to make for a grander entrance into frontierland
    -re-imagineering Cascade Peak into a major E-ticket
    - taking out Big Thunder Ranch and using that space for an entrance to Western River Expedition (goes behind berm like POC) and another ride i'm still planning
    -bringing back Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland and have it weave around and thru most of Frontierland
    -adding many animal AA's and a nature feel to much of northern Frontierland

I'm not done with my plan yet but these are some of my main ideas.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Is it that time again already? This thread seems to come up more than almost anything else. I think people just can't understand such a dead area existing within the berm of the worlds greatest theme park. Well, I've suggested many things. Lots of general small improvements and several ideas for rides. Some that I think had potential were a ride in a barrel through rivers and over a waterfall, a kind of Indy style wagon ride with some elements of WRE, a geyser ride in old fashioned bath tubs (picture tea cups meet mini ToT with water), and a few others.
    Yeah I guess it is??? I see plenty more threads complaining about Frontierland than thinking of ideas for it. I'm sure there have been many other threads have been of the same topic before this one. But it's an interesting topic and there hasn't been any recently that I can think of...

cool Ideas Uncle Bob, I like the Wagon idea...but the other....I've heard of the geyser Mountian concept...but why a bathtub for the ride vehicle? just curious

• Senior Minion

FI, sounds like some interesting ideas. I like the idea of both more attractions and still keeping a nature feel in that area as much as possible, and it sounds like you have some good ideas to make that work. I think you may be trying to pack too much in, but I think most of what you're saying is probably possible.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    i've got a plan for frontierland that i'm working on and i don't want to go into detail until i'm finished but some of my ideas are:
    -adding a bell tower near the ROA dock to make for a grander entrance into frontierland
    - taking out Big Thunder Ranch and using that space for an entrance to Western River Expedition (goes behind berm like POC) and another ride i'm still planning
    -bringing back Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland and have it weave around and thru most of Frontierland

sounds great so far! can you also make the area music In Frontierland more period sounding instead of the cheesy synthisizer stuff?

• Fancy that...

Here's a maps live view of the area just for reference

• Senior Minion

I thought an old fashioned bath tub with the little feet would be a funny and iconic reminder of the west. The story concept was actually one that I also applied to an overlay idea for Soarin' in my updated DCA ideas. My idea was that a group of traveling "snake oil saleman" types had showed up in town, opened up tents and started selling their wares. The queue would take you through these amusing tents with strange products from around the world of the 1880's, eventually arriving at a fine porceline vendor, who had the missfortune of setting up his bathtub display on a highly active geyser field.
    -Walt Disney

• Can see my car from here

Bring back the Golden Horseshoe Revue!

The Billys are fun, but that place should be home to a stompin, rip-roarin' old west burlesque show. What's a dance hall without Can Can girls anyway?! Come on!
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• Animation Domination

FutureImagineer Wrote:

Taking out big thunder ranch and putting some new rides sounds like a wonderful idea. What about adding some new show about Sheriff Woody.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    FutureImagineer Wrote:

Taking out big thunder ranch and putting some new rides sounds like a wonderful idea. What about adding some new show about Sheriff Woody.
    eh...Woody is a toy..not an actual Cowboy, I like his character in Toy Story but he just doesn't match in Frontierland.

FI, sounds like some interesting ideas. I like the idea of both more attractions and still keeping a nature feel in that area as much as possible, and it sounds like you have some good ideas to make that work. I think you may be trying to pack too much in, but I think most of what you're saying is probably possible.
    it may sound like i'm packing a lot in (cause it does) but the layout that i'm creating seems very comfortable and not too bunched together. You'll see what i mean when i post my thread on it. (That is after i post my Resort thread, DCA thread, and whatever the heck i'm working on right now).

sounds great so far! can you also make the area music In Frontierland more period sounding instead of the cheesy synthisizer stuff?
    pianoman, thanks. I don't know if i'm just completely blank right now but what do you mean? i'm sorry this probably ruins your joke.

i don't think i'd really want to bring in any movie tie-ins to Frontierland.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I am not sure if you are referring to Cascade Peak, which was a focal point of both the big river and the old Mine Train, or if you are referring to the WDI concept of a mine shaft/geyser which would be similar to ToT.

As to my "additions" they are sprinkled on another thread. Basically I proposed two things, either add more nature to Thunder Trail, or add more eclectic shops sprinkled throughout and possibly another town in Festival. Personally I would rather see more nature related AA's and use the Festival area for 2 attractions.

If I had a "add one thing" it would be to add a geode shop that cuts geodes. Sorry to rip off Knott's but this is by far one of the greatest themed shops I have ever encountered! Current technology allows the saw to be a great deal quieter then it used to be, and a great deal more compact! Just about every time i have been there I see people buying rocks.
    I was refering to the attraction that eventually evolved into the tot.

• Fancy that...

I thought an old fashioned bath tub with the little feet would be a funny and iconic reminder of the west. The story concept was actually one that I also applied to an overlay idea for Soarin' in my updated DCA ideas. My idea was that a group of traveling "snake oil saleman" types had showed up in town, opened up tents and started selling their wares. The queue would take you through these amusing tents with strange products from around the world of the 1880's, eventually arriving at a fine porceline vendor, who had the missfortune of setting up his bathtub display on a highly active geyser field.
    very, very original idea Uncle Bob I think that's be awesome In Grizzly Peak..with the theme of Californian's and entrepreneuers trying to make a life for themsleves? That theme applies in Frontierland too I guess..but yeah, It's a cool idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post
    Bring back the Golden Horseshoe Revue!

The Billys are fun, but that place should be home to a stompin, rip-roarin' old west burlesque show. What's a dance hall without Can Can girls anyway?! Come on!
    I'd agree with that, Ive never seen The Billy's but I think they can be moved elsewere in Frontierland?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast