Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: what would you do to add to Frontierland?

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    If I had a "add one thing" it would be to add a geode shop that cuts geodes.
    Anyone remember the Frontier Rock Shop? It was a closet-size shop immediately on your right as you entered the doors of the Davy Crockett Arcade. Rocks, minerals, polished gemstones and geodes, everything for the gem & mineral hobbyist. (Remember when the merchandise in the Davy Crockett Arcade was totally western and totally unique? Not to mention the real western clothing, hats and handmade leather goods in the Frontier Trading Post -- first shop on your right as you entered Frontierland. Quality stuff, all dead-on Frontierland themed, in shops that smelled of sawdust and leather. Even the BG music loops were genuine -- banjo, guitars and harmonicas playing early American tunes, not a 50-piece orchestra blasting the main title theme from "City Slickers.")
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post

pianoman, thanks. I don't know if i'm just completely blank right now but what do you mean? i'm sorry this probably ruins your joke.
    haha,they play like...Clint Eastwood music or something near the entrance of Frontierland(some western movie soundtrack)..It's ultra cheezy and it just annoys me cause I know they didn't have that type of music in that era. I'd rather have appropriate folk stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    haha,they play like...Clint Eastwood music or something near the entrance of Frontierland(some western movie soundtrack)..It's ultra cheezy and it just annoys me cause I know they didn't have that type of music in that era. I'd rather have appropriate folk stuff.
    oh ok. i agree with you than.

• Senior Minion

I don't remember the rock shop, when was it removed? I do remember the other stores though and they are greatly missed.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Imagineer In Training

80.7 miles from the happiest place on earth.

By expanding ROA, I meant that they could make the DLRR cross the ROA, (or at least have it cross a little inlet) and have the RR go over a grand bridge making an awesome view of the ROA and PL on TSI, and making a large lake-like area at the corner of ROA by Big Thunder Ranch to use for the views for the new rides that go in, even possibly making a new town of Thunder Mountain near the waterfront, and moving the Colombia/Mark Twain boarding station to that bend...

• Senior Minion

^That's actually an interesting idea.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    They used to have folk music going quietly in the background. All 19th century Americana. Mood stuff, mostly solos -- think how the banjo picking in the opening scene of Pirates works to sell the bayou. The Frontierland BG loops really set the scene when you walked in, totally took you back to early America.

Whatever TDA Bozo decided "Oh, Western music? I know, let's play the theme from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and High Noon and City Slickers and Silverado -- those are all Westerns! Oh, and let's play it nice and loud!" should turn in his clown shoes and rubber nose. =P

- Neil Gabler

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by tllsknywhtboy View Post
    By expanding ROA, I meant that they could make the DLRR cross the ROA, (or at least have it cross a little inlet) and have the RR go over a grand bridge making an awesome view of the ROA and PL on TSI, and making a large lake-like area at the corner of ROA by Big Thunder Ranch to use for the views for the new rides that go in, even possibly making a new town of Thunder Mountain near the waterfront, and moving the Colombia/Mark Twain boarding station to that bend...

that sounds pretty neat...but I don't think the train is high enough or can get high enough to make a grand bridge were the Mark Twain or Columbia can go under it..or will the new area be out of the way from that? cool idea nonetheless

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    They used to have folk music going quietly in the background. All 19th century Americana. Mood stuff, mostly solos -- think how the banjo picking in the opening scene of Pirates works to sell the bayou. The Frontierland BG loops really set the scene when you walked in, totally took you back to early America.

Whatever TDA Bozo decided "Oh, Western music? I know, let's play the theme from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and High Noon and City Slickers and Silverado -- those are all Westerns! Oh, and let's play it nice and loud!" should turn in his clown shoes and rubber nose. =P

So I heard I really wish It came back to that. Sounds cool

• The one and only

i would particularly like a water ride.
    but thats mostly because..... i like water rides.

oooh.
    an exact replica of splash mountain. so the lines would be half the size during peak season.
    pffffffft.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I have mentioned it before on other iterations of this thread, but I favor a D-ticket dark ride, slow moving, that's the more haunted mine theme idea...could go outside at the start in maybe little ore carts, see some animals, geysers, rock formations...and then into a continued theming area like Big Thunder, but more eerie, tapping noises and gold veins, something about the miners trapped inside when Big Thunder went bust, a cave in....and then at the end, a re-made rainbow caverns, more eerie in tone however. Playing up the ghostly/haunted/abandoned angle to it.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I don't remember the rock shop, when was it removed?
    Mid-to late-80's, IIRC, with the advent of the New Management (around the same time that the quality antiques of the One of a Kind shop and unique merchandise of the original Gourmet Shop began dumbing down, ODV carts started popping up like mushrooms, and generic Disney plush began showing up everywhere ).

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    I have mentioned it before on other iterations of this thread, but I favor a D-ticket dark ride, slow moving, that's the more haunted mine theme idea...could go outside at the start in maybe little ore carts, see some animals, geysers, rock formations...and then into a continued theming area like Big Thunder, but more eerie, tapping noises and gold veins, something about the miners trapped inside when Big Thunder went bust, a cave in....and then at the end, a re-made rainbow caverns, more eerie in tone however. Playing up the ghostly/haunted/abandoned angle to it.
    I'm there!

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

I think there is potential for a great Nationa;l Treasure ride. Now, space is an issue, but combining NOS, Adventureland and Fronteirland to get the job done which represents both of the movies. Big? Yes. Plausible? Maybe. Many things would have to change.

I think it would be a sort of mine car chase through where you would pop up in different lands looking for treasure like the movies. Most would be underground, but it would pop up in one land a few times, go back down, and pop up in another land. Too bad we don't also have a liberty square...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    hmm, a cool Idea though it could use some work..I'd like more scenes and something structured in story flow like the Haunted Mansion.

but a REALLY cool idea!!
    Last edited by pianoman13; 07-30-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    I think there is potential for a great Nationa;l Treasure ride. Now, space is an issue, but combining NOS, Adventureland and Fronteirland to get the job done which represents both of the movies. Big? Yes. Plausible? Maybe. Many things would have to change.

I think it would be a sort of mine car chase through where you would pop up in different lands looking for treasure like the movies. Most would be underground, but it would pop up in one land a few times, go back down, and pop up in another land. Too bad we don't also have a liberty square...
    I like this one because I too was thinking the area could use a new ride. If you were to gut out the old Ranch/FOF area and build down as well as around, then you could have a fair amount of space there. I think a National Treasure-themed ride would work well there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast