Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: what would you do to add to Frontierland?

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    hmm, a cool Idea though it could use some work..I'd like more scenes and something structured in story flow like the Haunted Mansion.

but a REALLY cool idea!!
    Indeed, that was just the quick description...from the back of Big Thunder, the wild grass and tracks would continue where the path is now, twisting around, with a fenced off walkway to go around where the current path is...the load would be similar to BTMRR, but smaller in scale..abandoned, rusty equipment, mine openings that are barricaded off, and you'd get in the ore carts and start through a small wooded section....birds, maybe some beavers, small wildlife just doing natural things then into a relatively small mine opening, more abandoned equipment inside, picks and shovels, carts of rocks, some open gold veins in the walls....and like eerie water noises, and wind....a few animatronic animals but not a ton, maybe the old gopher pop up gag they used to have alongside the RoA, a coyote maybe that wandered in...then deeper into the mine, old fashioned lamps the only light, and here there would be spiderwebbed equipment and open shafts on either side, and the wind noises...then tapping, like picks and axes being used, muffled voices....and signs of a cave in along the track, with soft voices from the other side....and then from there into a dark passage which opens into the rainbow caverns recreated portion, but more sinister in theme and lit darkly, colors like red and blue and green, purple, with just the wind noises and more muffled voices....then out again into the daylight.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Indeed, that was just the quick description...from the back of Big Thunder, the wild grass and tracks would continue where the path is now, twisting around, with a fenced off walkway to go around where the current path is...the load would be similar to BTMRR, but smaller in scale..abandoned, rusty equipment, mine openings that are barricaded off, and you'd get in the ore carts and start through a small wooded section....birds, maybe some beavers, small wildlife just doing natural things then into a relatively small mine opening, more abandoned equipment inside, picks and shovels, carts of rocks, some open gold veins in the walls....and like eerie water noises, and wind....a few animatronic animals but not a ton, maybe the old gopher pop up gag they used to have alongside the RoA, a coyote maybe that wandered in...then deeper into the mine, old fashioned lamps the only light, and here there would be spiderwebbed equipment and open shafts on either side, and the wind noises...then tapping, like picks and axes being used, muffled voices....and signs of a cave in along the track, with soft voices from the other side....and then from there into a dark passage which opens into the rainbow caverns recreated portion, but more sinister in theme and lit darkly, colors like red and blue and green, purple, with just the wind noises and more muffled voices....then out again into the daylight.
    wow, thanks sounds great...I love the creepy Rainbow Caverns idea..but what about a more sinister sounding soundtrack? like the Haunted Mansion load area? ..how it's wind but it makes the GGG tune...something like that? idk..just a suggestion.

• "I Break Things"

Mainly for Wiggins, but anyone can answer... did the rock shop actually cut the geodes? or did they just sell them? Part of the lure of the Geode Shop at Knott's is that you can pick your own geode for them to cut open. So literally it is a "grab bag" and you have NO CLUE what will actually be in it. There are various indicators on the outside as to what might be in it, and the weight or overall size could indicate if it has a hollow, but the point is... you don't know until you buy it and cut it open!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Guns. Lots of guns.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Mainly for Wiggins, but anyone can answer... did the rock shop actually cut the geodes? or did they just sell them? Part of the lure of the Geode Shop at Knott's is that you can pick your own geode for them to cut open. So literally it is a "grab bag" and you have NO CLUE what will actually be in it. There are various indicators on the outside as to what might be in it, and the weight or overall size could indicate if it has a hollow, but the point is... you don't know until you buy it and cut it open!
    can't help you there.. but I hope something like that can come to FL

Quote Originally Posted by SanSooMaster View Post
    Guns. Lots of guns.
    umm, sure I would love to see a Fort Wilderness remake..and with ome guns..but better with the safety codes for DOSH.

• "I Break Things"

Whatever is added to the Big Thunder Trail/Ranch area I have one request. Make something for the kids. One of the many complaints I have about that area is that there is not much for little kids to do. While their older sibblings have Thunder, the little one has only a couple options. They can go to the shooting gallery, ride Mark Twain/Colombia, hike up to the zoo, or head over to Adventureland and NOS. Unlike most other major E tickets which readily offer an alternative. Even Splash is halfway between Pooh and Mansion (depending on the line) and only a few steps from POC. So whatever it is, think of those who don't make the height requirement, but would love to have an alternative.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Fancy that...

Whatever is added to the Big Thunder Trail/Ranch area I have one request. Make something for the kids. One of the many complaints I have about that area is that there is not much for little kids to do. While their older sibblings have Thunder, the little one has only a couple options. They can go to the shooting gallery, ride Mark Twain/Colombia, hike up to the zoo, or head over to Adventureland and NOS. Unlike most other major E tickets which readily offer an alternative. Even Splash is halfway between Pooh and Mansion (depending on the line) and only a few steps from POC. So whatever it is, think of those who don't make the height requirement, but would love to have an alternative.
    yeah, I'll keep that in mind

• Senior Minion

Mainly for Wiggins, but anyone can answer... did the rock shop actually cut the geodes?
    Can't remember if they did. I do remember as a kid lusting after a compact tumbler they had for sale, but being unable to afford it, having blown my allowance on cels at the Art Corner. Having about a dozen geodes of various sizes in my office now (purchased pre-cut), I'd love to see the Knotts idea in Frontierland, as you're suggesting.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Imagineer In Training

80.7 miles from the happiest place on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    that sounds pretty neat...but I don't think the train is high enough or can get high enough to make a grand bridge were the Mark Twain or Columbia can go under it..or will the new area be out of the way from that? cool idea nonetheless
    Well, originally I wanted the train to go over the whole thing, but I realized that it would be insanely tall and would ruin some sight lines...I've done a map of the area to show you what i mean. I think an inlet that eventually becomes part of the larger bend in the river (Green) with a low bridge (Brown) would compliment the ROA nicely...I would also add new docks for a second set of TSI rafts (Purple) that would carry guests to TSI. Also the loading dock for the Mark Twain/Colombia would be moved to a much nicer location further up the river (Red) with a more serene setting. That would still leave a lot of space for new rides, restaurants, and shops (Blue)

Last edited by tllsknywhtboy; 07-31-2008 at 09:28 AM.

• "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."

You know... one of my favorite attractions at Universal was the Wild West Stunt Show. Maybe Frontierland could use a stunt show in the tradition of classic westerns. I know, there would be concerns about violence, but I think it could still be done in good taste.

Here's a brief clip of what the Universal Show looked like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ct7RnMYkVY

I would like to see Western River Expidition become a reality.
    Matthew

• Minion

Additions to Fronteirland would be great, but I think that they should also update the show along the RoA (for the Mark Twain and Columbia) and capture more of the excitement of being out in this untamed American wilderness. Less stationary wooden figures, more animatronics. And of course re-igniting the burning cabin and rebuilding Cascade Peak (I think it should be a waterfall again - I associate geysers specifically with GRR.)

As it is, you have the Indian Village as the one big "show scene" and that's about it.

Also, they should bring back the Keel Boats back into action, even if they're just for show and people can't ride them, just to add some more river traffic kinetics to the RoA.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You know my opinion on the whole Frontierland enhancement, Pianoman. If something is to be added it should be subtle. In fact I think Frontierland would be better if something were removed rather than added. Remove something but replace it with an open, expansive extension of the ROA.

I am all for Frontierland, but am vehemently opposed to Developmentland.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    You know my opinion on the whole Frontierland enhancement, Pianoman. If something is to be added it should be subtle. In fact I think Frontierland would be better if something were removed rather than added. Remove something but replace it with an open, expansive extension of the ROA.

I am all for Frontierland, but am vehemently opposed to Developmentland.

I agree to an extent, but that space is so undeveloped and Frontierland can't get anymore space that was taken away already.. however I feel that all of the space past the exit of BTMRR and north of that should be more natural. meaning no towns or shops. all of those unique little shops and things can replace Rancho... and if a major attraction is to replace the northern areas of Frontierland, they have to be natural appearing on the outside, also we can go with tllsknywhtboy's idea to expand the ROA.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Panning for gold and Indian Fry bread. I'm sorry but Knott's had the right idea with a western ghost town. Also those timber signs that you can get made, that would be cool. As far as rides, I'm no good with that. I'll leave it to you armchair imagineers.

On the notion of gold panning.... does anyone know more about the timeframe for the Gold rush and for cowboy frontier days? Do they co-exist or was one much later than the other?

I was thinkin that if the gold rush was a different time period completely, we should push that into DCA near the Grizzly River Run... since that area reflects that idea a little better anyway. We can keep Frontierland as the world of the Cowboys.

But of course.. I'll let someone more knowledgeable fill in the details.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast