Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Re: what would you do to add to Frontierland?

Someone asked earlier about cowboys co-existing with the gold rush and that maybe that should be left for DCA.

They did co-exist.

My only problem with adding stuff to Grizzly Peak is that it is set in present-day.

It's Grizzly Peak Recreation Area and the play area is themed to today and so is the rafting expedition.

Frontierland is old. It's themed to old west and is meant to "turn back time" (yes, that was a Cher reference).
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Anyone got tickets to the gunshow?

:::flexes:::
    stop calling your arms guns!

Anchorman quote... couldn't resist
    Last edited by pianoman13; 08-01-2008 at 02:25 PM.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Someone asked earlier about cowboys co-existing with the gold rush and that maybe that should be left for DCA.

They did co-exist.

My only problem with adding stuff to Grizzly Peak is that it is set in present-day.

It's Grizzly Peak Recreation Area and the play area is themed to today and so is the rafting expedition.

Frontierland is old. It's themed to old west and is meant to "turn back time" (yes, that was a Cher reference).
    The thing is... that present day Grizzly Peak theming could be taken out pretty easily.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post

They did co-exist.

You're right and the heads of WDI know that this was a bad move on their part. I think over the next few years, you will begin to see DCA shift from being a modern theme park and becoming a more nostalgic theme park by basing the lands and attractions that evoke another place and time.

The "extreme" theme of GRR will go away and harken back to an earlier era.

Hollywood Studios Backlot will become Hollywoodland. Paradise Pier is already making the change, and the entire entrance will be Los Angeles of the 20s. There will be no more "modern" DCA when they're through with it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Imagineer In Training

80.7 miles from the happiest place on earth.

You're right and the heads of WDI know that this was a bad move on their part. I think over the next few years, you will begin to see DCA shift from being a modern theme park and becoming a more nostalgic theme park by basing the lands and attractions that evoke another place and time.

The "extreme" theme of GRR will go away and harken back to an earlier era.

Hollywood Studios Backlot will become Hollywoodland. Paradise Pier is already making the change, and the entire entrance will be Los Angeles of the 20s. There will be no more "modern" DCA when they're through with it.
    Thank god. I always thought it was weird how GRR was extreme rafting in a rustic mountain mining operation...

• Mrs. J. Depp

Anyone got tickets to the gunshow?

:::flexes:::

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    oh yeah! Geyser Mountian possibly, and we also need a gentle but entertaining ride for the kiddies.
    ok, since some of you are mentioning a geyser type ride, i've decided to explain my earlier concept of a new E-ticket for Frontierland.

The ride would be called Cascade Peak (or something with this in the name) and would be located at the same location as the original Cascade Peak (west of BTMRR). The ride would use a similar system as Seaworld's Journey to Atlantis. Riders board a raft-like ride vehicle in an open air cavern (like Splash Mountain) and begin their journey into the mountain. You enter the mountain and drift past the crystals of Rainbow Carverns, where a spirit of the mountain changes your route and forces your raft up the first lift hill. At this level, there are many effects that show the spirit is trying to scare you out of the mountain. One effect would be rocks falling around your raft. You go up the second lift hill where it becomes very dark. At this point in the ride, you begin a long decend into the mountain thru caverns. This section is similar to Space Mountain because you curve thru the mountain on a track not a flume and it is dark; however, there will be water effects and lighting effects, not exposing the track. Once you are almost at the bottom, the raft takes a mild drop into water again and you are now in another cavern with crystals.

The raft heads into another dark cavern where the raft stops. In front of the raft, a figure begins to appear (using mist projection) and the spirit appears and warns you of your fate. This happens just before, your raft is shot up by a geyser in the mountain. This effect does not reveal the track or the ground moving under the raft; they are concealed by water being pumped out of jets making it seem like you are on top of a geyser.
    You reach the highest point of the mountain and move off of the "elevator" and after a short trip thru a cavern you see the outside light and inch towards the opening. You look out over the ROA and take the plunge. You get soaked, float past the ROA, and re-enter Casade Peak. The raft enters the last show scene where the voice of the spirit says something like "You may have espaced me this time, but we'll meet again."

Alright, there's my idea for Cascade Peak in a quick summary. What do you guys think?

• Fancy that...

an interesting idea.. I can't say I love it though. I think the ride system part is great because of you getting to go through a more scenes and have a more interesting experience... but having a "spirit" of the mountian is pretty weird to me..also I don't think we need a water ride..especialy when it would be a mountian...right across the ROA with Splash. However a mine shaft ride were the mountian turns out to be a geyser still sounds cool to me, I'll have to think of my own idea too for that area involving a mountian...

• Fancy that...

(this will be a VERY basic layout of my thoughts for this ride) my idea goes like this...If you're familiar with BTMRR's backstory than you know that the old mining buisiness was shuttered a long time ago...but next they start to coal mine (not learning by the mistakes of BTM) so after waiting in the main queue you go down a mine shaft and it's sort of like Journey to the center of the earth and the haunted Mansion combined..(an "elevator" being the pre-show) so then once you're underground you board ride vehicles resembling these (but with seat belts and actual seats of course )

you go around in the mine and see several beautiful things but soon, things start to go bad..things cave in and everything that can possibly go wrong...does(you would also be going faster and making lots of turns and close escapes from falling objects trying to escape the mine) but then meet a dead end and a sign that says "geyser beware!" or something to that effect, you hear rumbling from under your ride vehicle and you are blasted up with water effects sprouting from beneath you(geyser) and back to safety thanks to the geyser ..and that's it

I know it's rough and it sounds really short..but just imagine it longer than how it sounds by my description...that being said, what do you guys think?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

(this will be a VERY basic layout of my thoughts for this ride) my idea goes like this...If you're familiar with BTMRR's backstory than you know that the old mining buisiness was shuttered a long time ago...but next they start to coal mine (not learning by the mistakes of BTM) so after waiting in the main queue you go down a mine shaft and it's sort of like Journey to the center of the earth and the haunted Mansion combined..(an "elevator" being the pre-show) so then once you're underground you board ride vehicles resembling these (but with seat belts and actual seats of course )

you go around in the mine and see several beautiful things but soon, things start to go bad..things cave in and everything that can possibly go wrong...does(you would also be going faster and making lots of turns and close escapes from falling objects trying to escape the mine) but then meet a dead end and a sign that says "geyser beware!" or something to that effect, you hear rumbling from under your ride vehicle and you are blasted up with water effects sprouting from beneath you(geyser) and back to safety thanks to the geyser ..and that's it

I know it's rough and it sounds really short..but just imagine it longer than how it sounds by my description...that being said, what do you guys think?
    It does sound good, the first part would be like a faster hybrid of my haunted mine thing then, which is cool, with the abandoned dig sites and equipment, eerie atmosphere, cave in evidence and voices, and noises...and then onto a more roller coaster type experience, sort of, maybe have it be like the ghosts of the miners are getting you out of there..they dont appear, but activity builds up and then you careen off into a barricaded geyser area and are blown out of the mines.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    It does sound good, the first part would be like a faster hybrid of my haunted mine thing then, which is cool, with the abandoned dig sites and equipment, eerie atmosphere, cave in evidence and voices, and noises...and then onto a more roller coaster type experience, sort of, maybe have it be like the ghosts of the miners are getting you out of there..they dont appear, but activity builds up and then you careen off into a barricaded geyser area and are blown out of the mines.

Well, actually the idea behind this one is like it's still (or just started) operation and you are witnessing it's downfall sort of.(a contrast to the already shuttered buisiness of BTMRR) and the beginning was supposed to be pretty..untill it gets erie..and then destruction..and then happy but thrilling climax ending via the geyser ( I like the idea of you being caught in a geyser as the climax to the ride) in fact..you could think of this ride as Journey to the center of the earth in the frontier

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Well, actually the idea behind this one is like it's still (or just started) operation and you are witnessing it's downfall sort of.(a contrast to the already shuttered buisiness of BTMRR) and the beginning was supposed to be pretty..untill it gets erie..and then destruction..and then happy but thrilling climax ending via the geyser ( I like the idea of you being caught in a geyser as the climax to the ride) in fact..you could think of this ride as Journey to the center of the earth in the frontier
    Oh I see, that's just me reading it as eerie and such at the start heh, since that's the way my mind works..I guess I was thinking, there would be nature elements, animals, or caves and such that would be pretty before getting deeper into the abandoned mine system.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Oh I see, that's just me reading it as eerie and such at the start heh, since that's the way my mind works..I guess I was thinking, there would be nature elements, animals, or caves and such that would be pretty before getting deeper into the abandoned mine system.
    haha, I love creepieness too

also it would go under the ROA and into a cleverly disguised showbuilding on TSI (the back area that isn't really used at all) not to toot my own horn but the whole thing reminds me of the Haunted Mansion and Journey to the Center of the Earth combined

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456