Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Fancy that...

what would you do to add to Frontierland?

It seems that most of the threads relating to frontierland are just complaining about it. Though I see why..why not think of some solutions to help it?

I think that the entire Big thinder ranch and festival of fools area should go in favor of a big E ticket..such as Western River Expedition. Big thunder Mountian could even be expanded and maybe add a little something more to it's pathetic "climax".We could also get some authentic Frontierland experiences back...like maybe the conestoga wagons(though much roomier) and something to go where Cascade peak was...I'm thinking...maybe a geyser there(could be an attraction also).

what are your thoughts? feel free to post your ideas folks

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: what would you do to add to Frontierland?

Panning for gold and Indian Fry bread. I'm sorry but Knott's had the right idea with a western ghost town. Also those timber signs that you can get made, that would be cool. As far as rides, I'm no good with that. I'll leave it to you armchair imagineers.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• WDW CP Spring 2013

I'd love to see that old Geyser Mountain concept brought back to Frontierland.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_James View Post
    yeah... that's what I was getting at with the geyser in Cascade peaks place..maybe it could go under the ROA and into a cleverly disguised show building at the back of TSI?

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_James View Post
    I am not sure if you are referring to Cascade Peak, which was a focal point of both the big river and the old Mine Train, or if you are referring to the WDI concept of a mine shaft/geyser which would be similar to ToT.

As to my "additions" they are sprinkled on another thread. Basically I proposed two things, either add more nature to Thunder Trail, or add more eclectic shops sprinkled throughout and possibly another town in Festival. Personally I would rather see more nature related AA's and use the Festival area for 2 attractions.

If I had a "add one thing" it would be to add a geode shop that cuts geodes. Sorry to rip off Knott's but this is by far one of the greatest themed shops I have ever encountered! Current technology allows the saw to be a great deal quieter then it used to be, and a great deal more compact! Just about every time i have been there I see people buying rocks.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

What is so horrible about Frontierland?? @_@...

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I am not sure if you are referring to Cascade Peak, which was a focal point of both the big river and the old Mine Train, or if you are referring to the WDI concept of a mine shaft/geyser which would be similar to ToT.

As to my "additions" they are sprinkled on another thread. Basically I proposed two things, either add more nature to Thunder Trail, or add more eclectic shops sprinkled throughout and possibly another town in Festival. Personally I would rather see more nature related AA's and use the Festival area for 2 attractions.
    Interesting...I think that the festival area and everything in Frontieland beyond the Big Thunder Mountian Exit going north should stay generaly nature themed. I think that Ranco Del Zocholo(sp) could go for some eclectic stores of wich you speak of Tech. Or even the actual Big Thunder Mining town from BTMRR's backstory..right now you only get to see those tiny buildings from the queue but what if you got to peak aroung the real town? I think that'd add to Frontierland a great deal..

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    What is so horrible about Frontierland?? @_@...
    It's not horrible, it just needs help, that's all.

• I'm not really here

I would like to see a path down to the ROA about 2/3 the way to the RR and move the Explorer Canoes from CC/NOS over to Frontierland. Could tie in with Fort Wilderness which would be semi visible as well as all the nature AA's and the boats on the river. Would like to see the Fantasyland Theater torn down and a show building for a D ticket dark ride put in. Fantasyland side of building could contain a shop or two and some bathrooms (definitely not enough in that area) and the building could be disguised by trees and other foliage.
    Would like to see shops and a restaurant themed to an 1880s style town. Build building facades north of the RR tracks (just facades for the RR to pass through. No stop, but could have CMs on horseback try to rob the moving train as a sort of show. Train could slow down through this section. This would add some guest participation to people on the train. Another D or 2 C ticket attractions where all the trees are west of current ranch area down to river. There is plenty of room in that area for several attractions shops and food options as well as shows. I really wish they would utilize it. Adding attractions, food and shops would make them more money than renting it out occasionaly does.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Fancy that...

If I had a "add one thing" it would be to add a geode shop that cuts geodes. Sorry to rip off Knott's but this is by far one of the greatest themed shops I have ever encountered! Current technology allows the saw to be a great deal quieter then it used to be, and a great deal more compact! Just about every time i have been there I see people buying rocks.
    oOo, I remember that... I have one from Knotts around somewere...cool idea.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I would like to see a path down to the ROA about 2/3 the way to the RR and move the Explorer Canoes from CC/NOS over to Frontierland. Could tie in with Fort Wilderness which would be semi visible as well as all the nature AA's and the boats on the river. Would like to see the Fantasyland Theater torn down and a show building for a D ticket dark ride put in. Fantasyland side of building could contain a shop or two and some bathrooms (definitely not enough in that area) and the building could be disguised by trees and other foliage.
    Would like to see shops and a restaurant themed to an 1880s style town. Build building facades north of the RR tracks (just facades for the RR to pass through. No stop, but could have CMs on horseback try to rob the moving train as a sort of show. Train could slow down through this section. This would add some guest participation to people on the train. Another D or 2 C ticket attractions where all the trees are west of current ranch area down to river. There is plenty of room in that area for several attractions shops and food options as well as shows. I really wish they would utilize it. Adding attractions, food and shops would make them more money than renting it out occasionaly does.
    Interesting ideas...the train D ticket ride sounds like the Great Movie ride of Frontirerland, I like it .

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Panning for gold and Indian Fry bread. I'm sorry but Knott's had the right idea with a western ghost town. Also those timber signs that you can get made, that would be cool. As far as rides, I'm no good with that. I'll leave it to you armchair imagineers.
    haha, I'd love to see several little shops and things to do other than attractions. And there are numerous possibilities for those in Frontierland I'd place all the little shops were the mexican resturaunt is now. think of it as the NOS of Frontierland

• I'm not really here

Thanks pianoman... It's actually a lot more mapped out and detailed in my head, I just don't have time right now to sit down and describe/draw (cause stick figures just don't do it justice), etc what I can see in my mind. But it could seriously add 3 attractions, 2 restaurants, 4-6 shops (interactive shops. Like help the blacksmith type thing and keep your horseshoe), several open spaces. It really is a vastly underutilized space and I know WDI is eyeing it. I just hope it gets used to its absolute full potential.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Thanks pianoman... It's actually a lot more mapped out and detailed in my head, I just don't have time right now to sit down and describe/draw (cause stick figures just don't do it justice), etc what I can see in my mind. But it could seriously add 3 attractions, 2 restaurants, 4-6 shops (interactive shops. Like help the blacksmith type thing and keep your horseshoe), several open spaces. It really is a vastly underutilized space and I know WDI is eyeing it. I just hope it gets used to its absolute full potential.
    no prob... I think however that the shops shouldn't be in the BTR area...because that areas supposed to be the less developed area and more natural area of Frontierland. However, by taking out the rancho del Zocholo Resturaunt we could get a mining town with all the cool interactive shops and such there. It could even be the fabled Big Thunder mining town ...being so conviently close to Big thunder Mountian Railroad.

• Fancy that...

What about we get something like Mycroft's train Idea but with inside AND outside sections...almost like Nature's Wonderland?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast