Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• no flash photography...

no, but alot of people who get sick after they eat think it's food poisning when it's not. Real food poisning takes hours to affect you and it's terrible to go through.

• Because ZERO was taken

Yeah, "food poisoning" is one of those terms that is thrown around like "lactose intolerant". Serious food poisoning is bad; you end up in the hospital and can't hold anything down for a long time. Yuk.

And yes, the pasta salad they serve with the Monte Cristo does suck! But the salad and the calamari are the way to go!
    :::: ::: ::: ::: ::::
    johnny depp, animated at last!!

Never had any ill effects from any food at DLR. One of my teachers had a bad experience there quite a few years back. He said he got food poisoning there (whether he had actual food poisoning, I'm not sure, but he got sick at the very least) That's the only person I know who had that sort of experience there, though.

My entire family has never had any problems with the food at Disneyland or DCA. We've been lucky!

• Still wants to be a cat!

OK, what's the Prime Rib like at BB? Now I'm nervous about eating there, but I heard this cut of meat is fantastic......Planning on reservations for my 45th Birthday in a couple of weeks,,,,,,need some feedback!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    OK, what's the Prime Rib like at BB? Now I'm nervous about eating there, but I heard this cut of meat is fantastic......Planning on reservations for my 45th Birthday in a couple of weeks,,,,,,need some feedback!
    That is the best thing you can eat at the whole park. I have had this a million times and I have never gotten sick. The Blue Bayou is the last place you should get sick from since it is a high class place to eat.

• Capt. Spanky

Blue Bayou Bugs?

I read somewhere...that due to the continual musty dampness of POTC, that the Blue Bayou sometimes has a Cockroach problem...Total rumor..but I remember reading it somewhere...can't remember where.

For what it's worth I've never seen a bug in my times in BB. ......and the food there is usually top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by circusfreak
    I read somewhere...that due to the continual musty dampness of POTC, that the Blue Bayou sometimes has a Cockroach problem...Total rumor..but I remember reading it somewhere...can't remember where.

For what it's worth I've never seen a bug in my times in BB. ......and the food there is usually top notch.
    I heard the roaches are int he POTC boats.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I heard the roaches are int he POTC boats.
    I would think that would be a hectic life for them, avoiding all those feet and butts.

Disneyland should have a team of specially trained roaches to eat the gum off the bridge.

• Santa Barbara, CA

The park has always had a rat and roach problem that given jungles and lots of places to hide, been impossible to solve.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon
    I would think that would be a hectic life for them, avoiding all those feet and butts.

Disneyland should have a team of specially trained roaches to eat the gum off the bridge.
    from the stories I've heard the eat the food peope drop in the boats. When the boats are taken out in the mornings the roaches go running...

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

That makes sense. It's DISGUSTING, but it makes sense.

My dad supposedly had food poisoning from one of the chili burgers at the Taste Pilot's Grill but my mum and I put it down to sunstroke in the shade-desolate DCA! Apologies to all there in Jul 2001 who saw a rather green-faced English guy!

• Minion

DL Food

In 42 years I have never gotten ill from food in the park. Nor has anyone I have been with. I do know that grease can be dirty or clean, and depending how ones system can digest grease it can play a large part in stomach aches and etc.

I always have to include lunch at BB, and I get the Prime Rib, or The Roast Pork Loin. They are both top quality, and delicious. That is always one of my favorite moments.
    The Pizza Port, and Coke corner are other favorites, and I Miss Thunder Mountain BBQ so much, as much for the ambiance as the delicious food.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    The park has always had a rat and roach problem that given jungles and lots of places to hide, been impossible to solve.
    Did you know there are (or were a few years ago anyway) a lot of cats in Disneyland? I think they brought them in to catch the mice. (Mickey protested, but they went over his head.) But you never see them during the day, they come out at night.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast