Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Fancy that...

Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

What about a maglev monorail?! I think that the future would still benefit from monorails and I think that Disneyland should keep them till they actualy become un-futurisic witch I don't think they are yet... but if they want to get ahead what about make it maglev? With the current design asthetics I think a maglev monorail would be amazing.

if Im not mistaken isnt the monorail a landmark? So even if they wanted to I dont think they can tear it down.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Welcome to The Disneyland MagLev System. 3-2-1 Lauch. We're back... now get out. Thank you for riding and we hope you've enjoyed circling the park in three seconds flat!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Welcome to The Disneyland MagLev System. 3-2-1 Lauch. We're back... now get out. Thank you for riding and we hope you've enjoyed circling the park in three seconds flat!
    am I missing something? I thought that maglev system was a substitute for concrete beams and wheels? They could still have the Iconic Monorail run on a maglev system.

• > 150 DL Trips & 3 to 33

Smile Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

[quote=Baloo;3014006]toemblem said

you do realize that between the mickey and friends parking structure and harbor is Disneyland park? Are you actually saying you would tear the whole thing down?
    and just out of curiosity why would you put BLAB in a Disney sea park. BLAB has less to do with the sea than with tomorrowland.

You are correct, I meant Katella. As far as limiting the expansion of Downtown Disney, I think that is a good thing. I think a Disney Sea park could fit there. I am not an expert but the land between Walnut and S. DL drive and between Magic Way and Katella looks large enough. I know it looks narrow but it apears that DCA could almost fit in that spot.

A BLAB type ride could go in this park. It could be themed around Cleo (Gepetto's Gold Fish) for all I care. I just don't think it belongs in TL.

I very much like your ideas about sing the monorail more as a means of transportation vs. an attraction.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    am I missing something? I thought that maglev system was a substitute for concrete beams and wheels? They could still have the Iconic Monorail run on a maglev system.
    A Maglev monorail is probably the most impractical transportation method for a theme park.
    It would not eliminate the nedd for concrete. WHether elevated or ground-level, footings and foundations must be poured to accomadate the electro-magnets. This would result in a footprint much larger than that of the monorail.
    Besides, Magnetic Levitation trains were built for high speed transport in excess of 300 miles per hour.

Now linear induction can be done... in fact, it may already be in the park in a certain closed attraction (not positive though). A similar attraction in WDW uses linear induction motors to propel the ride vehicles which 'move people'.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I can remember sitting in an elementary school classroom, in Anaheim, watching Walt Disney talk to us (on the closed circut television system we had) about the Monorail and how it would be the wave of the future. I love it because Walt loved it.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by toemblem View Post
    At the very least I would remove any of the track (beam) inside of Disneyland itself. It would only be a conveyance between the hotels Downtown Disney and the parks. While I am tearing things down (hypothetically), I would tear down the Disneyland Hotel, B.L.A.B., the Astro Orbiter and Star Tours. I would be tempted to sink the subs too but it is a pretty good ride. After the dust had settled I would then begin the healing. The Disneyland Hotel would be rebuilt in the Lion King lot and it would look like the Tokyo version (only better). Between the Mickey and Friends parking structure and Harbor, I would have a Disney Sea park built (BLAB would go here). Star Tours would be updated and rebuilt in the Hollywood Pictures Back lot at DCA (where it belongs). In the former location of ST, Mission Space would be built. The former BLAB becomes the queue for the new and improved Rocket Rods (think heart line twister powered by linear induction motors). The Astro Orbiter gets reinstalled on top of the Rocket Rod load platform and the entrance to Tomorrowland becomes passable again. As far as a replacement for the Monorail inside the park, something futuristic or at least modern (like a mag lev train) would be built. I know the Monorail is beloved but is it really a train of tomorrow?
    I'm glad that you aren't in charge of DL.

I don't like Innoventions nor do I care at all for HISTA, however, the Monorail is a classic.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    A Maglev monorail is probably the most impractical transportation method for a theme park.
    It would not eliminate the nedd for concrete. WHether elevated or ground-level, footings and foundations must be poured to accomadate the electro-magnets. This would result in a footprint much larger than that of the monorail.
    Besides, Magnetic Levitation trains were built for high speed transport in excess of 300 miles per hour.

Now linear induction can be done... in fact, it may already be in the park in a certain closed attraction (not positive though). A similar attraction in WDW uses linear induction motors to propel the ride vehicles which 'move people'.
    sorry, by beams I meant the track

But by that logic, neither would a maglev train make sence.

• ...my first visit to DL

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I can remember sitting in an elementary school classroom, in Anaheim, watching Walt Disney talk to us (on the closed circut television system we had) about the Monorail and how it would be the wave of the future. I love it because Walt loved it.
    Speaking of which, Walt's private company Retlaw owned both the steam trains and the monorail way back when. Does Disneyland own them now?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I think the land could use some dynamic lighting effects as well. Fiber Optic concrete ala Epcot could be really fun to do at night over by the Granite ball fountain thing.
    Way to steal my idea from my post! :-)
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...nd-101276.html

• It's all about Theme!

How about a Re-Imagined ATIS instead of Mission:Space Yeeech!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Minion

How does BLAB fit into a park with an ocean theme???
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. Mine is, I am glad you are not in charge of Disneyland.
    Thanks for your response but please read the whole post.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jeff View Post
    I'm glad that you aren't in charge of DL.

I don't like Innoventions nor do I care at all for HISTA, however, the Monorail is a classic.
    Thank you for agreeing with me. I think it is a classic as well and doesn't belong in Tommorowland. Really I think it should stay, just not inside the berm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast