Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    I just don't think the DL monorail can be made into an effective transportation system for the resort. The capacity of the trains is too small and they wouldn't be able to run enough trains, especially if they shortened the track. I can see some benefits to removing some track to make it easier to build within the berm like Baloo suggested, but basically I think it's best left pretty much the same. It should remain in relatively light duty service and be supplemented by other transportation for the resort. You can read about my ideas in the thread in my sig.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  2. #47

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    492

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    There are a lot of things wrong with Tommorowland, but I don't think the Monorail is one of them.
    Matthew

  3. #48

    • Choosy Moms Choose Jeff
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    987

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    Quote Originally Posted by toemblem View Post
    Thank you for agreeing with me. I think it is a classic as well and doesn't belong in Tommorowland. Really I think it should stay, just not inside the berm.
    I wasn't agreeing with you. I like the fact that the Monorail runs through the park.

  4. #49

    • Diva Extrodinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angleles
    Posts
    674

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    I actually like some of these ideas, even Mission space. Just please get rid of the subs and add more dark rides to Fantasyland and maybe an E-Ticket (Forbidden Mountain?)
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

  5. #50

    • > 150 DL Trips & 3 to 33
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    100

    Smile Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jeff View Post
    I wasn't agreeing with you. I like the fact that the Monorail runs through the park.

    What I meant is that we agree that the monorail is a classic. My point is that a classic attraction doesn't belong in a land of tomorrow.
    Others have pointed out that monorails are not in wide use and they still seem futuristic, therefore it still fits the TL theme. I understand that position and I think they have a valid point. But I ask that people consider the Sony mini disk. If you don't remember it, it was a 3.5" disk that looked like a 1.44MB floppy. Sony touted it as the replacement for a CD but it really never caught on. The mini disk still seems futuristic and it is not in wide use but it really doesn't belong in TL.
    Anyway it is not my call and as somebody else pointed out, the attraction is a historical landmark (perfect for a land of tomorrow) and probably can never be torn out.

  6. #51

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,382

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jeff View Post
    I wasn't agreeing with you. I like the fact that the Monorail runs through the park.

    Absolutely! It's the one land in the entire park that can really transport you OUT of disneyland! Maybe I should rephrase... I love that the monorail can bring you INTO Disneyland! I love being able to see so much of the park from the highway in the sky. It's just fascinating to see the autopia on one side and the actual streets on the other.

    I love the monorail! There's only one honk that I love and that's the monorail honk.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  7. #52

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    522

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    I wouldn't necessarily scrap the Monorail alltogether. I view it as a great transportation system for the park, and a way to see the park from a different view other than ground level. I would, however, take out some of the unnecessary track that winds around Tomorrowland/Fantasyland and extend the track further into both DLR and DCA. I would also suggest increasing the number of stops to about 5. One at DTD to service the hotels (although I would extend the track a little more so the stop could be more central to ALL the DL hotels), and two each at DLR and DCA (one at each entrance and the others further into the parks)

    Hmm?...pretty good idea, huh?...yeah?...

  8. #53

    • > 150 DL Trips & 3 to 33
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    100

    Smile Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily scrap the Monorail alltogether. I view it as a great transportation system for the park, and a way to see the park from a different view other than ground level. I would, however, take out some of the unnecessary track that winds around Tomorrowland/Fantasyland and extend the track further into both DLR and DCA. I would also suggest increasing the number of stops to about 5. One at DTD to service the hotels (although I would extend the track a little more so the stop could be more central to ALL the DL hotels), and two each at DLR and DCA (one at each entrance and the others further into the parks)

    Hmm?...pretty good idea, huh?...yeah?...

    Sounds good to me.

  9. #54

    • a wind to shake the stars
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    935

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    I would force guests to surrender cell phones at the gate, and change into land-appropriate costumes every time they entered a new area of the park. For example, someone venturing from Adventureland to Frontierland would trade in his safari outfit for a cowboy getup. This would help preserve theme. Also there would be no electricity in Frontierland, as per historical guidelines.

  10. #55

    • failure for lunch
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    370

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    That's a lot of drastic changes. You must be a billionaire.

  11. #56

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    1,157

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    Quote Originally Posted by wettham1783 View Post
    There are a lot of things wrong with Tommorowland, but I don't think the Monorail is one of them.
    How true!

    Pleeeeease leave Monorail alone. The last thing Tomorrowland needs is another attraction taken out, only to be replaced with....nothing.

    At least Monorail keeps some action and movement in the Tomorrowland area.....much like Peoplemover used to.

  12. #57

    • Knight that says Nee!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    Quote Originally Posted by toemblem View Post
    Thanks for your response but please read the whole post.
    I read the entire post...I am still glad you are not in charge of Disneyland. Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I didn't read all of your post.

  13. #58

    • > 150 DL Trips & 3 to 33
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    100

    Smile Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I read the entire post...I am still glad you are not in charge of Disneyland. Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I didn't read all of your post.
    A thousand apologies then. I made the assumption that you didn't read the part of the post where I clairified the title. How obtuse of me, please accept my deepest regrets.
    Last edited by toemblem; 08-06-2008 at 10:42 PM.

  14. #59

    • Knight that says Nee!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: If I Were in Charge of Disneyland I Would Scrap the Monorail

    Accepted...don't beat yourself up too badly about it. Clarification or not...the title still stands out loud and proud and that is what I commented to. Have a spin on the monorail, I find it relaxes me, especially when it's going through Tomorrowland. The only real "clarification" I see in your orginal post is the word "hypothetical" in parenthesis...which is more stating the obvious than clarification.

    So perhaps I should have said I am glad you are only hypothretically in charge of Disneyland?
    Last edited by Goofy Daddy; 08-07-2008 at 08:07 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Disneyland Hotel - rollaway bed charge?
    By sdmom in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 09:36 PM
  2. Disney to scrap direct-to-DVD sequels
    By Alex3231 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 10:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •