Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Armchair Imagineering-Indy Mine Cart Ride

So I was sitting down at work the other day, had completed all my paperwork, and I was just sitting there reliving my favorite Temple of Doom sequence, the mine car chase through the caverns. And then I started to imagine it as a ride, and I thought I would post this on here for all to see. Here it is...

The entrance will be located in Adventureland. Guests will enter through the Tahitian Terrace archway. Inside, there will be outdoor switchbacks in the former theater. Finally, guests will head up the steps into the palace and travel through several recreations of rooms from the ride: the entry hall, the dining room (with remnants of the meal on the table), the hallway, and finally,Willie Scott's bedroom, where the sheets are thrown aside and a man is hanging from the ceiling fan. A statue had been turned over, revealing a secret passageway. The queue leads into the tunnel. From here, it is almost pitch black with occasional torches.Spiderwebs hang from the walls and there is the sound of hundreds of bugs beneath your feet. The guests then enter the room where Indy was almost squished to death; poles are precariously holding up the ceiling. A certain stone, if leaned on by a guest, will trigger a reaction that will lower the ceiling a few inches (ala the swinging pole on IJA). Finally, guests exit and enter the temple of Kali Ma. There are signs of a struggle, and the cage hangs open. Guests then enter a tunnel, emerging in a giant cave. It is deserted. Then they enter the preshow area.

The preshow area is a temple. Shoddy scaffolding hangs from the walls. The guests are herded in, and the door closes behind them. Suddenly, Indy, Willie Scott, and Short Round appear on the scaffolding (live actors). Indy notices the tourists, and says, "Tourists? Perfect. Just what we need." Or something to that effect. Short Round then warns to the crowd that the evil followers of Kali Ma are after them, and as a corollary, the guests as well. Willie urges the crowd to follow her. A door opens, and the guests are led to the loading area.

The loading area is dual-sided. As the guests enter a 12-person mine cart, they rumble off. A door opens in front of them and silently closes behind. Two tracks lead away from them; one in green, one in red. The carts travel through the red tunnel; Short Round can be seen as an AA in front of them, yelling, "No, left tunnel! Wrong way!" The cars enter the launch track and are immediately boosted to 40 mph. They then careen wildly through caverns and stalactites and narrowly avoid being doused in fire. In a grand finale, a wall of water appears to be coming straight at them, and they narrowly avoid it by suddenly dropping through an unseen tunnel beneath them. With the sound of rushing water behind them, they emerge into the light and into the unloading area.

...what do you think?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• I wish I may...

Re: Armchair Imagineering-Indy Mine Cart Ride

Not bad!
    Coming from the POV of a 13-year-old, that is :P I think that the "underground" tunnel would be a bit repetitive if you had ever been on IJA before, though.
    The man hanging from the fan might be a bit thematic for younger kids, and even for some squeamish young adults. That might also seem repetitive/copy-cat-like since that is similar to HM.
    Other than those two things (remember, 13-year-old's POV), I think it would be great.
    Last edited by Wish Upon a Star; 08-01-2008 at 02:10 PM.

^The man hanging from the fan is actually taken from the movie itself.

HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Yeah, still a little grusome for kids, and the bug thing may cause some ADULTS to freak out, but I o like the dark tunnel. We have to keep in mind the big problem, there's already an Indy ride next to it!!!! They used some of the same effects ( a la dropping spike roof) and more! So the ride is great, but I don't think it could go in Sdventureland. It has to go wherre no INdy attraction is currwntly.

My only other issue is with the preshow. I'm never a big fan of sectioning people off itnot preshow areas, but this could work. It just seems a little set up though.

Over all I think it's a great idea...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

^It could potentially belong in DHS and the Adventureland in WDW as well, just tweak the opening a little.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• All You Need is Love!

That idea is actually really good! But I do agree about the hanging man. That would be a bit too much for children and some adults. And the spikes coming down is exactly like in IJA. And I don't like the idea of live actors. I mean, how many times would they have to do that act every day? And if you go on the ride a few times, you would get really bored. Plus many people would complain how the actors don't look enough like the real actors. (you know they would)

I do like this idea though and it was actually planned to be built. There is concept art for it in The Art of Disneyland book.

But this idea should go to a different park with no Indy ride. Anyways, there wouldn't be room for it in the place you said. Unless they tear down Jungle Cruise. Which if they did, a mob of crazy angry MiceChaters would attack. (including me! )
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

• I wish I may...

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    ^The man hanging from the fan is actually taken from the movie itself.
    I realize this, but you do have to admit, the concept of a hanging body isn't much unlike HM.

• I wish I may...

Quote Originally Posted by Wish Upon a Star View Post
    Not bad!
    Coming from the POV of a 13-year-old, that is :P I think that the "underground" tunnel would be a bit repetitive if you had ever been on IJA before, though.
    The man hanging from the fan might be a bit thematic for younger kids, and even for some squeamish young adults. That might also seem repetitive/copy-cat-like since that is similar to HM.
    Other than those two things (remember, 13-year-old's POV), I think it would be great.
    **edit** I do agree that quite a bit sounds taken from the original IJA, but I most certainly will NOT shoot down this idea. I think it's wonderful.
    **2nd edit** Apologies. Didn't realize I clicked the "quote" button.

There's a hanging body in HM? Where is this? I've been on HM a few times and have never seen this. Although, it's been nearly a year, so my memory might be shoddy.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    There's a hanging body in HM? Where is this? I've been on HM a few times and have never seen this. Although, it's been nearly a year, so my memory might be shoddy.
    .. of course there's always MY way ...

^AHHHHHH. I see.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Cool idea! Here's a great video of the mine cart coaster in Paris. It's not exactly what you had in mind, but at least it gives us an idea of what they've already done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=1j6nDCgh2Ww
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Fancy that...

I don't know how I feel about this idea...no doubt the attraction would be GREAT I just don't see it being to great for Adventureland. I think that maybe it'd be cool if there was a mine cart ride in Adventureland that wasn't tied into Indy but I think that anymore Indy would be overkill. What about the mine cart goes into the Indy show building at one point? like the area with the Mara skull and the bridge...it could go under it and dodge lava going up all around it?

• Senior Minion

They should have built this as originally planned, to share show scenes with TOTFE. Now, I don't think it makes sense, or that there is any space for it. It could be a good ride for the third gate. I had some thoughts about putting it there as well as simmilar ideas for DCA, of course not Indy themed, but more of a haunted gold rush era mine ride. Actually, very simmilar to some of the ideas people were taking about in the Frontierland thread. I'm not sure that's a good idea though, because of the lack of space in the Grizzly area, where it would go.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with childrens toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You knowthe Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    They should have built this as originally planned, to share show scenes with TOTFE. Now, I don't think it makes sense, or that there is any space for it. It could be a good ride for the third gate. I had some thoughts about putting it there as well as simmilar ideas for DCA, of course not Indy themed, but more of a haunted gold rush era mine ride. Actually, very simmilar to some of the ideas people were taking about in the Frontierland thread. I'm not sure that's a good idea though, because of the lack of space in the Grizzly area, where it would go.
    there's a load of Space in DL surprisingly in Frontierland....but that can be discussed in that thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast