Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rocket Rods

• cleaner of the hook

I miss the peoplemover it was a good ride to rest your feet on and one fo the few i remember being able to go on with my grandma (heart condition).
    Rocket rods wasnt long enough of a ride.

I was lucky enough to ride the Rocket Rods, although I remember the mammoth queues in order to get on the ride. Think my dad even took a film of some of the ride itself - maybe i could share it via the power of the net- lol!
    I enjoyed the zippy pace of it though it was a shame that it simply couldn't handle those curves.
    Guess it was just one of the casualties of the New Tomorrowland!

PS. Does anyone remember that weird sound that would play as it would fire up and then zoom off at the beginning of the ride - kinda like a boing sound as odd as it sounds! lol! Made me smile hearing it walking round the rest of the land.

• msmith_333 is now Cowboy

Yup, I remember that sound. In fact I have an MP3 of the whole ride soundtrack. From the start sound, through the corners, with the honking, and right back to the queue. Amazing what you can find on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by msmith_333
    Yup, I remember that sound. In fact I have an MP3 of the whole ride soundtrack. From the start sound, through the corners, with the honking, and right back to the queue. Amazing what you can find on the internet.
    Hehe - being a little cheeky here but is there anyway you coukd poss tell me where you got the mp3 please? Would love to hear it again

• msmith_333 is now Cowboy

I downloaded it on the original Napster. Before it became a pay site. I'd suggest trying Kazaa or something similar, even google it. Search for "Rocket Rods", "Disney", and "Disneyland". You'll be surprised what people have recorded. Besides Rocket Rods, I have the whole Disneyland RR soundtrack, Splash Mountain ride, and even a remix of a bunch of the disneyland rides, combined to make a pretty cool song, to name a few. Good luck with your search.

Thanks msmith_333!

• Fortune Red Says....

The Rocket Rods were great.... they should have done it right instead of cutting corners. I say bring them back or bring back the beloved Peoplemover because they need to bring something back with the track just sitting there unused, its wasted space

• Hero-in-Training

Man, I loved that ride. I only got to ride it...er, thrice. I think. Mostly because of the two hour line - you know, when you only have two or three days to go to Disneyland a year you have a tendency to pack in all you can. The first time I rode it it was when Tomorrowland first opened, so I was still jazzed about all the changes. I decided it was in my top three rides the first time I went on it. Plus the little "beep beep! Wwwwwrrrooooooooow" going on all the time really made Tomorrowland feel more alive.

I say, bring them back or something similar.
    I say, Bank the turns if you have to, or slow it down.
    I say, Run it on rails, not tires.
    I say, give the cars or buggies neon lights.

They gotta use that track for SOMEthing...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123