Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Court of Angels to become another Shop Add-On in NOS

Why, oh God, why?!

There's plenty of X-Mas stores in DL already...do they really have to go bastardize the Court of Angels, too? I'd say it's the most romantic spot during the holiday season...

I'm really heartbroken about this.

As for City Hall, Disney is probably trying to just ignore guests, and not have anything really official in terms of paperwork if there was potential for them to be sued.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    David Koenig reports from his latest article:

I find it disturbing that one of the precious few quiet corners left in Disneyland Park is being canopied and shamelessly stocked with merch. It would make sense that this is only a temporary change for the holiday season, but on the other hand, while the pirates craze is finally seeing a slowdown, the Royal Street Courtyard is still cluttered with registers and canopies, runining the view of the buildings above.

Thoughts?
    I wouldn't mind seeing it, as I really enjoy watching christmas merchandise. and other merchandises as well.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

DL, Please!!!!!

Stop It!

NOW!!

Does their stupidity with the stores know no bounds??????

There is plenty of space for the existing store. Jack Skellington
    Doesn't Need that WHOLE freakin' old Christmas Store Space !
    Move Jack S back to where Pirates Expanded unnecessarily!!

And don't forget, the exit to the Disney Gallery is home to the
    EXPANDED hat shop, A temporary displaced location for The Disney Gallery
    AND also now home to the temporary displace location for New Century Time Pieces! Maybe they should place Jack Skellington over there too, obviously they don't see a problem with squeezing several store into one location, and then making those old store look like CRAP! UGGGGG!!!!!!

Just who exactly is this person who's "managing to destroy" all the store in DL???????

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Disney is probably trying to just ignore guests, and not have anything really official in terms of paperwork if there was potential for them to be sued.
    That was my thought as well. From a CM perspective we would have statement forms. Management loved to make the comment "well no one said anything" and then we would pull out the signed, dated, statement form! So, not having a paper trail would be to Disney's advantage. However I am curious if this is an across the board policy, or only in relation to concerns... are compliments now handled in this manner as well?

Sorry if this is a derail. I love the Court, but I feel that the decision has already been made. Micechat has made many valiant attempts in the past but ultimately Disney does what they want with their park (I may not agree with the choice but it is their park and their choice what they do with it).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    By the way, David's article also mentions that the method to file compliments/complaints at City Hall has changed:

Over at Disneyland, in mid-July, City Hall began instituting a new method for accepting complaints. “If a guest wants to file a compliment or concern at City Hall, they will not be given a form to fill out by Guest Relations,” related a cast member. “The guests will have to tell the cast member what they want to say, and the cast member will write it down. I guess the City Hall cast members will have to brush up on their dictation skills. If a guest insists on writing a comment themselves, they will be directed to the resort’s Web site and fill out a form under the ‘Contact Us’ tab. Why are we doing this? Don’t know.”
    A cast member at City Hall would say only that the change had something to do with the legal department.
    No more writing your own compaint - in pen and paper that is.
    I'm pretty sure this has something to do with guests abusing the compliment/complaint system to send inappropriate messages to individual cast members. I'm willing to bet at least one cast member was getting harassed with unwanted attentions through the compliment system, judging by what I heard the other day at City Hall.

True to my word in the other thread, I was seriously going to send Brian the Haunted Mansion guy a compliment saying he looked damn fine in a butler suit, but the lady who filled out our forms told us we're not allowed to say that anymore in our compliment fields. Notice she told me specifically, "We're not allowed to say that anymore." For the record, I've never sent lewd or otherwise inappropriate messages through this system.

The official reason she gave us for having to fill out the forms herself is that guests were making the compliments/complaints too long (I'm also guilty of writing essays about why a CM made my day).

All in all, damn. And I was SO looking forward to sending that blonde CM at Plaza Inn an inappropriate compliment about how cute he is.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Another quoter from the same article

Other dates to remember: October 5, slated to be the final day for Triton's Gardens, before it begins its conversion to Pixie Hollow, and September, when the Fortuosity shop, inspired by the eclectic Vault 28, is supposed to open in the former New Century Timepieces space. Let’s see how they theme hip and trendy with Main Street.
    Question: Is "Pixie Hollow" going to replace ALL of King Triton's Garden???

(preparring to rant some more)

Oh, as far as the 3 Fairies store going away, I won't miss it, as it hasn't been there very long anyway, and it was horribly detailed anyway. It's ok to us it as part of the Castle's version of the "MOO" room

• Closed Account

Eh...The water gets yet a little hotter. The folks who said, "Give Pirates Lair a chance!!" are only now sensing that the water has become lukewarm.

Rest easy, everyone. As the degrees rise, the steam will swirl around your heads, and the pain will soon be over. Your children will no doubt very much enjoy Six Flags Anaheim.

(This sure seems like a good time to interject a good ol' "I told you so," but there will be plenty of time for that, and many more opportunities, later on).

• Directly directed

No!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Seriously, who is the person making all of these moronic store decisions? They need a good flogging...

Honestly, I think the Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise could be moved back into Port Royale. Half of that store is generic merchandise...there's definitely enough room for Jack Skellington and Jack Sparrow to rub elbows.

Then the vacated store could have it's holiday stuff back.

I'm going to be annoying and write my idea to Disney. Heck, it would probably save them money.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Stupid idea. Stupid idea. Stupid idea. I may need to lie down and let my blood pressure return to normal.

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

i was supposed to have my first kiss there this winter. i never tought i would say this, but GO TO HELL WHOEVER THOUGHT OF THIS!! that makes me so mad. we should all (i mean ALL) write letters to city hall protesting this! and have a protest! i am crying. i dont even care that its just for the holiday season. its taking a truly beautiful place and turning it into a hell hole. in a day and age where there isnt much beauty left in this world, something needs to be a refuge. that is mine.

Die Vampire, Die!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I think I am going to take the wait and see approach. Until I read confirmation from sources that I personally trust (Al and/or Darkbeer) I am not going to get my panties twisted. Over the past 25 years of going to Disneyland the Christmas shop has moved at least 6 times with most of the moves in the past 5 years.

Something else to think about is the Court of Angel's stairwell is used by Queenie and the jazz band to go up to the breakroom.

• Resident of the Caldera

The policy at City Hall of not being able to give your own written comments is not new. I experienced this months ago after a terrible experience at the Blue Bayou. I went to City Hall to file a complaint, but the cast member on duty refused to allow me to do so, and asked if I would like to speak to the manager of the restaurant that was on duty. I declined, and stated I wanted to write my complaint so it was seen by someone. "No longer our policy" she said, and so I left.

But I really do like the Pirates Lair upgrades on Tom Sawyer Island. Have you stopped and really watched the full AA pirate in the big cave? It's amazing work from WDI!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

That is insanely ridiculous.....and if this does actually transpire, no matter how difficult they make it to register complaints with City Hall...I have no doubt I will be one person in a long line to complain. Lame brained and badly conceived...NoS has enough stores with mediocre garbage, and I say that as someone who loves the movie NBC.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    This is not good. And once profits come in from the Christmas sales you know Disney will determine that place is perfect for another store. Sad.
    If there are profits. If no one buys anything there then maybe they will get the idea that it was not a good idea.

Of course there was a massive outrage over turning the gallery into a glorified private motel room and they changed it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I am curious if you are allowed to "proof read" what the CM writes
    Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    I think I am going to take the wait and see approach. Until I read confirmation from sources that I personally trust (Al and/or Darkbeer) I am not going to get my panties twisted. Over the past 25 years of going to Disneyland the Christmas shop has moved at least 6 times with most of the moves in the past 5 years.

Something else to think about is the Court of Angel's stairwell is used by Queenie and the jazz band to go up to the breakroom.
    While I agree that until its official there is no reason to get to carried away, it would not surprize me in the least with the way things have been going for this to actually happen.

But it if does happen......

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast