Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

• =)

Re: Court of Angels to become another Shop Add-On in NOS

If it only happens during the holidays, I'm semi-okay with it. I mean, I don't like what it's symbolic of, but I'm already of the unpopular opinion that the holiday decorations lessen some parts of the park's visual appeal...so it's kind of like icing on the cake, only not. That didn't make much sense to me either.

• Inhospitable about happy

While we're all bemoaning the desecration of the C of the A, we would be remiss if we neglected to note that the same Koenig article that tells us this sorry news also contains a bright spot: it mentions the full restoration of the Fort Wilderness graveyard intact and without piratical "improvements."

Yeah, they're tossing us fogeys a bone (and from a graveyard, no less), but I'll take it. I'm grateful that we will be able to pay our respects to Eliza Hodgkins, Amos Wilson, et al. once again.

You gotta take the good along with the bad, I'm afraid.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    While we're all bemoaning the desecration of the C of the A, we would be remiss if we neglected to note that the same Koenig article that tells us this sorry news also contains a bright spot: it mentions the full restoration of the Fort Wilderness graveyard intact and without piratical "improvements."

Yeah, they're tossing us fogeys a bone (and from a graveyard, no less), but I'll take it. I'm grateful that we will be able to pay our respects to Eliza Hodgkins, Amos Wilson, et al. once again.

You gotta take the good along with the bad, I'm afraid.
    The Fort Wilderness graveyard is returning? That is good news indeed..and I am frankly waiting to see if the CoA thing even happens...could not show up, could be temporary, could happen...don't know yet. Either way, another graveyard in Disneyland is good by me.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    Good to hear some optimism out there. I guess I might be ok with it being temporary, but it was just such a perfect picture spot during the holidays...
    I've never seen it around Christmas time, and I'm pretty sure last year they were using it as a store. I would love to see the Court decorated though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    If it only happens during the holidays, I'm semi-okay with it. I mean, I don't like what it's symbolic of, but I'm already of the unpopular opinion that the holiday decorations lessen some parts of the park's visual appeal...so it's kind of like icing on the cake, only not. That didn't make much sense to me either.
    We always knew you were again Peace on Earth and Good will toward men.

If DL is making some bad decisions, Mice Chat is a great sounding board for those who want to speak up against bad change.

For a few odd people who chime in and say "It won't do any good", and those who say "If you don't like those changes, stop going to DL" , AND for those who think EVERYONE who oppose any one particular change, opposes ALL changes to DL", i would say "You've been proven wrong", "I'm not giving up on DL just because a current idiot manager is in charge", "Just because someone opposes a few of the changes doesn't mean they oppose ALL change!"

If bad changes are being made Those who Love DL the most will want to defend it, even if it is management. Cast Members may provide some accurate info, BUT beware that what they say isn't just some corporate line. Guests do see Disneyland from a different perspective, and can be more vocal against changes, than someone who works for the mouse.

As guests, we should point out the bad things that are happening, give our opinions. Good Grief, how many thousands/millions does DL spend on survey's done at the DLR? You can't entry DL or DCA without a hoard of survey takers as the front gates! Certainly DL is interested the "GREEN", but they are also interested in info from guests, too!

If fact our voices are a means of gathering Data well before action is taken. Just because DL hasn't taken on what we said yesterday, doesn't mean they won't act on it tomorrow.

With Court of Angels, if anything, DL should have a PhotoPass Photographer stationed there!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    With Court of Angels, if anything, DL should have a PhotoPass Photographer stationed there!
    That's the best idea I've heard. Win/win for all involved. Great idea Aladdin!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I second this idea! Let's scrap the store and turn it into a beautiful photo op year round!!!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I expressed my concern to Disneyland through the "contact us" section on their website. I even gave them my ideas for switching it all around so there could be more Christmas merchandise in New Orleans Square (and wrote that I gave them my idea, if anyone is concerned about that new policy they have). This is the response I received:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are very sorry to learn of your concerns with our operation. We would like to assure you that our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in our theme park have remained constant throughout the years. One of the ways in which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually evaluate the various aspects of our operation and make changes at times. We rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when we should implement something different.

We apologize for any disappointment as a result of the rumors mentioned in your letter. In keeping with our philosophy of making the DISNEYLAND® Resort exciting and ever-changing, we are continually evaluating our attractions, closing some existing features and developing new facilities to reflect progress and to maintain the interest of our visitors. We hope you will agree that our Disney Imagineers have an outstanding track record with creating exciting attractions that appeal
    to visitors of all ages. At this time, we do not have plans to make an announcement regarding changes to The Court of Angels.

Walt Disney stated, "Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world." In that spirit, we will continue to make additions and changes to the Magic Kingdom, all with the goal in mind to keep the Disneyland experience new, fresh and exciting. As diverse as the millions of visitors are who come to the DISNEYLAND® Resort each year, so are the reactions and opinions that we learn about.
    It is always our goal to provide a quality "show" for our Guests. We hope that you will continue to follow the developments of the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed in that they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and that our attractions and entertainment will delight you in every way.

Sincerely,

Donna Peverley
    DISNEYLAND® Resort
    Guest Communications
    I find it kind of funny that they talked about Imagineers and attractions when I wasn't even talking about a ride.

Who knows if my words will fall on deaf ears? Either they're not ready to come out and say what they plan on doing, or perhaps the uproar is making them re-think their plans. Either way, it does not hurt to make your voice heard. At least you'll have tried. Ultimately, we don't have the final say.

As for the holiday season, the Court of Angels does not have merchandise sold there. It is decorated and still a fabulous photo op...and absolutely breathtaking at night.

Photopass should definitely get on that. It's one of those picture hot spots, special moments...proposals and the like. In front of the castle, Disney is on top of things...they should be for this place, too.

• Closed Account

For a few odd people who chime in and say "It won't do any good", and those who say "If you don't like those changes, stop going to DL" , AND for those who think EVERYONE who oppose any one particular change, opposes ALL changes to DL", i would say "You've been proven wrong",
    How...EXACTLY? (please see the post above mine).

• potterday.org

This is crap, crap, crap.

Once again, all the idiosynchratic, unique, cozy little corners in the park are being fenced off, gentrified, razed and obliterated.

First my table and restful spot in NOS. Then the viewing platform overlooking Rivers of America. Then the Gallery and courtyard. Then the watch store on Main Street. Now the Court of Angels.

Is there anything left?
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

I don't think anyone has posted a pick yet. So for those of you out there that don't know what the Court looks like. Here's a shot from last night.

Thumbs up Re: Court of Angels to become another Shop Add-On in NOS

If fact our voices are a means of gathering Data well before action is taken. Just because DL hasn't taken on what we said yesterday, doesn't mean they won't act on it tomorrow.

With Court of Angels, if anything, DL should have a PhotoPass Photographer stationed there![/quote]

Here Here Aladdin! Truer words have never been spoken and I support the Photo Op idea as well!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

The Court of Angels is where my husband proposed to me. It has so much meaning to both of us.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• potterday.org

I reflexively feel a stationed photopass photographer is not a great idea for two reasons:

Firstly, Photopass people are the WORST photographers in the world. They specialize in bad framing, pointing the camera anywhere, cutting people out of your group, and being surly. As near as I can tell every Photopass photographer is that day using a camera for the first time. That's the only rationale I can conjure.

Secondly, having someone stationed there, besides a pastel portrait artist, makes it less of the cozy, out of the way decorative spot that it has always been; it doesn't need to sell anything, it doesn't have to move merchandise or wring that last dollar out of your pocket - it's just there.

That's what is missing from Disneyland now - places and things that are just plain there.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    Firstly, Photopass people are the WORST photographers in the world. They specialize in bad framing, pointing the camera anywhere, cutting people out of your group, and being surly. As near as I can tell every Photopass photographer is that day using a camera for the first time. That's the only rationale I can conjure.
    I do agree with your reasoning that it will take away from a quiet place in the park, where sales isn't thrust upon you. But you don't have to belittle the Cast Members.

Maybe some of the photopass people are new to cameras. They're learning, you don't have to buy the pictures if you don't like the way they look. I'm sure some are better than others. And I haven't met any who are "surly". It's a little annoying when they ask you to pose everytime you pass them, but more often than not they are more than happy to use my camera to take a picture of the wife and I.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast