Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Higitus Figitus

Cool Blue Bayou Seating

hey! already have reservations for the blue bayou on august 14th in the evening (around 5:30 i think) and i really want to sit by the water!

we recently discovered our cousins are going the same exact week as us(small world..lol), if we change the reservation from a group of 4 to a group of 7, would this increase/decrease/unchange our chances of sitting by the water on the ride?
    If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.

• Minion

Re: Blue Bayou Seating

As far as I know . . . you just have to wait a little extra for an available table by the water. Not sure if the addition of people would help/hinder though.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by SwordintheStone View Post
    hey! already have reservations for the blue bayou on august 14th in the evening (around 5:30 i think) and i really want to sit by the water!
    Waterfront seating is based on availability. Ask if it's possible to be seated waterside when you check in at the podium.

Disney Dining Cast Members cannot reserve or even put in a request for waterfront seating at all.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• :)

Not to discourage -

But every time I have been on POTC all of the tables near the waterfront seem to be 2 seaters, but I've also never eaten at the Blue Bayou so I wouldn't know if they have larger tables there, just an observation which could be wrong :]

• Higitus Figitus

Smile Re: Blue Bayou Seating

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Not to discourage -

But every time I have been on POTC all of the tables near the waterfront seem to be 2 seaters, but I've also never eaten at the Blue Bayou so I wouldn't know if they have larger tables there, just an observation which could be wrong :]
    thanks for the tip!
    im sure that it'll still be the best birhtday ever even if we can't sit by the water lol
    If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

Twice I've had the opportunity to sit by the water. Once was a two top and once was a 4 top.

My parents asked about waterfront seating last June, because they were celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary, and were denied.

We are going for lunch tomorrow for my birthday. We have reservations, but I am going to try to ask to sit by the water if possible. It is worth a shot. DH tried to get me into Club 33, but no such luck this time

Lynda

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

There are a lot Two seats tables and some four seat tables by water. Most like you will get mid, wall table for that size group.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Smile Re: Blue Bayou Seating

We had reservations for 3. We did not request a waterfront table but by chance it was available and they seated us there. We did notice the tables by the water were either 2 or 4 seats. It was just by luck we had a view of the old man on the rocker across the bayou. It was a very nice dining experience and I hope you get to experience it one day too. Hope this helps.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

You might have to wait longer, or you might not have to wait that long at all. But definitely having that many people in your party could hinder your chances.

• Loves Fajita!

We had 7 last year when we went and got waterside. We also did not request it, it was a packed Friday night.... the wait was long enough. However, we got it anyway.

So it is possible for your group to get it.

• Banned User

Is it possible to call ahead before your visit and confirm your visit and in the process while doing so request a waterfront table? that way that choice of table location is guaranteed. I need to know this especially that way the next time I am there either on a solo trip or a family trip.

• Higitus Figitus

ok thanks for all the help everyone!
    that would have been so cool if you'd gotten to eat at club 33 emitopher! would have been quite the TR lol

to answer disneyfan07: you can make a reservation to eat at the blue bayou over the phone up to 60 days in advance. however, if you want water front, you have to ask when you arrive at the restaurant for your meal. at least that's what we were told over-the-phone

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    Is it possible to call ahead before your visit and confirm your visit and in the process while doing so request a waterfront table? that way that choice of table location is guaranteed. I need to know this especially that way the next time I am there either on a solo trip or a family trip.
    Do you mean in addition to booking your table with Disney Dining? I don't think calling back again and reconfirming would help, but definitely show up earlier than your reservation time by 15 or 20 minutes. At that time you can mention the waterside table. We found that works quite well.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• Done waiting!!

I've seen big groups sitting by the water before. I'm not sure if they were big tables or just smaller ones pushed together. I would suggest you stop by the Blue Bayou as soon as you get to the park and politely request if you could have the note added to your reservation. If its very hectic when you arrive at your reserved time they may not even give you the option of waiting for a table by the water. Asking way in advance could only help your cause.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast