Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: ABC news on DIsneyland(TICKET PRICES)

Yeah, everything costs them more too. I've actually had said a few times that I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't seriously thinking about raising prices, so I'm not surprised. Most businesses have been basically forced to raise their prices, it's not just greed, it takes a lot of moeny to operate businesses these days. My sister owns a gym, and had to raise her prices, even though she really didn't want to. Fortunately, she also had more new members join in the last month then in any month of the last year or so, and summer is usually her slow season, so perhaps the economy is starting to show some signs of rebounding.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

They're only raising prices by $3, the way everything else has gone up I'm surprised it's not more.
    Matthew

• Sock Puppet

Two-day park-hoppers will cost $11 more.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

due to the increase I may have to cancel my trip in november

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Fact is the price of everything has been going up. 3 extra dollars is not even enough to cover a gallon of gas for one of the Main Street vehicles.
    Luckily for Disney, the main street vehicles don't run on regular gasoline.

Anyway, I think it's foolish to be raising prices at a time like this. But maybe Disney's worked it out and discovered an inherent level of demand that will withstand even a price increase? But they'd have gotten a better late-season boost with a cut-price announcement than with a price increase. Maybe they're planning to start the SoCal discounts soon, and they're trying to pad up the "regular" price so the discount doesn't cut into it as much.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

People, the price of gas rising affects EVERYTHING, from the food we buy at the grocery store (which is shipped there using gasoline) to a park admission ticket (with food and ride/exhibit/etc. equipment being shipped there using, what else, gasoline). The main street vehicles aren't the only transportation charges disney needs to worry about @_@ the whole company doesn't live at Disneyland people i hope we know that! (I HOPE...)

And really, it's not like you have to pay to see the fireworks and fantasmic 2 times a night. And fireworks are amazingly expensive. Just one show I read costs tens of thousands of dollars.

and if you want to cancel your trip because of this, that's just silly. How about you stop eating so much overly-priced food and 3 dollar water bottels at the park. That will save you money even with the admission increase. (me and my brother just brought 40 dollars for food and drinks, and we had plenty to spair by the end of the day)

• Minion

I'll go to Knotts instead.

• C4C6C

All these gripes about the price going up, but I guarantee each one of you will continue to go.

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    $3 dollar increase

With the absence of POD, IASM, HM, POTC in the fall and Fantastic later in the season. This is so lame.
    also with shorter hours

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    All these gripes about the price going up, but I guarantee each one of you will continue to go.
    Eh, your probably right - at least in regards to myself (I go like twice a year to DL).

But if it starts going into the 70+ range, I might just bite the bullet and do something else just as fun instead of Disneyland like the beach (which is free for the most part).

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• no flash photography...

for all the entertainment you get at DL it's not that bad. heck I spend $85+ to see a play and that's only a few hours long.

• Minion

Only if a friend can sign me in for FREE. Otherwise I'll settle for not going broke.

• Minion

for all the entertainment you get at DL it's not that bad.
    I used to have the same feelings about Disneyland. But what happens when you and a friend really want to do something non Disney? That concert is $200. That play will cost you $85, do you say Lets go to Disneyland instead?

Disneyland can't always be an entertainment option. I don't think Disneyland can compare to most entertainment venues.

• Sock Puppet

You lose!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    I used to have the same feelings about Disneyland. But what happens when you and a friend really want to do something non Disney? That concert is $200. That play will cost you $85, do you say Lets go to Disneyland instead?

Disneyland can't always be an entertainment option. I don't think Disneyland can compare to most entertainment venues.
    no it does not compare to other entertainment options, but there is quite a bit of entertainment offered. Therefore I think the price is within reason.

What I do when I want to go to a play or soemthing non disney? I go do what I want. I'm not a slave to disney.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast