Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Animation Domination

Re: ABC news on DIsneyland(TICKET PRICES)

SingingAngel7242 Wrote:

also with shorter hours
    Never thought of that
    Also the end of Mailboomer....
    Aladding closing for a while
    Orange Stinger and Fun Wheel will get a makeup soon.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    SingingAngel7242 Wrote:

Never thought of that
    And there really isn't a lot to do in DCA to begin with. Never in a million years would i buy a DCA only ticket. I got the park hopper and the only ride that really amazed me was soarin'.

• Infinitized!

For the amount of entertainment you get, Disneyland is still a better deal than one of our local ski resorts. An adult lift ticket (all day) is $68 at the ski resort .

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    All these gripes about the price going up, but I guarantee each one of you will continue to go.

Oh absolutely. All of us HERE will still go. But what about those who aren't as devoted as we are?

I have plenty of friends whom I tried to get to Disneyland but the price and crowds scare them away. Maybe if I can convince them that now they're paying for a less crowded park?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

This was in the OC Register today:

Single-day, one park:
    Adults: $69 (was $66)
    Children: $59 (was $56)
    One-day park hopper:
    Adults: $93 (was $91)
    Children: $84 (was $81)
    Two-day park hopper:
    Adults: $143 (was $132)
    Children: $123 (was $112)
    Three-day park hopper:
    Adults: $199 (was $189)
    Children: $169 (was $159)
    Four-day park hopper:
    Adults: $224 (was $214)
    Children: $194 (was $184)
    Five-day park hopper:
    Adults: $244 (was $234)
    Children: $214 (was$204)
    ANNUAL PASSES:

Southern California Select:
    $134 (was $129)
    Southern California:
    $174 (was $169)
    Deluxe:
    $269 (was $259)
    Premium:
    $389 (was $379)

Nobody likes price increases. Well 3 is 5% of 60. So that price increase is somewhat less than 5%. Assuming it's going to be about the same % on the tickets we buy, the reality is the increase in ticket price isn't going to be a deal breaker for us or for most others. One less churro or two will take care of that. Airfare on the other hand has for us gone up considerably. Until last year, $99 or less one way was easily obtainable for us. Now the cheapest we can find is $129 and that isn't all that readily available. And that's not to mention all the bag fees they're throwing at us now. So that's about a 30% smack or so to the tune of $240 for a family of 4. Couple that with people's houses going down like a rock and economic times being what they are and well that's where the deal breaker is for some folks and Disney can't do much about that right now. And the reality is when you consider that to get a good seat at a USC game costs a donation to the athletic dept in addition to the cost of the ticket, Disney doesn't look too bad. Nor does it look too bad against concert tickets or such.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    SingingAngel7242 Wrote:

Never thought of that

Thank goodness for ap's.

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    All these gripes about the price going up, but I guarantee each one of you will continue to go.
    Just bring in some snacks and don't buy a t-shirt and you will be ahead. They don't jsut get you with $3 increase they "GET YA" with all the stupid suff you decide to buy. Just don't buy JUNK and you won't even notice an extra $3
    Janette

3 more dollars? If I could won what the people of U.S.A get pay for an hour I could go, but here in mexico is like when I use to work at the movies they pay me 10 dollars for 8 hours of work and not only that, is not hard to buy one ticket...the hard thing is than we are four and it hurts me.. (well not only me) but this makes me sad inded...
    well is okay is not like the end of the world but since im a disneyland fan is like: "wow!" I have to pay 70 dollars to make my wishes come true? I dont think so...
    Aleast I heard than other parks are giving more cheap tickets so like i said is not the end of the world.

• Animatronic

Wow, that's like a raise for all the employees since their park
    privileges are worth even more now!
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• "I Break Things"

The interesting thing is that people only notice when the admission goes up... plenty of other things have gone up, and continue to go up... so yeah $3 doesn't matter but when it's an extra dollar for this, or an extra $2 for that... by the end of the day you are out $30 from the "it's only a couple bucks more" strategy.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The interesting thing is that people only notice when the admission goes up... plenty of other things have gone up, and continue to go up... so yeah $3 doesn't matter but when it's an extra dollar for this, or an extra $2 for that... by the end of the day you are out $30 from the "it's only a couple bucks more" strategy.
    that's only if people choose to go. nobody is forcing them to go...it's all about choices.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    that's only if people choose to go. nobody is forcing them to go...it's all about choices.
    I wasn't faulting Disney for the strategy. You chose to go, or you chose to stay home. You chose to buy the souvenir or you chose to keep walking. Me... I have the AP for admission and as to souvenirs, I keep walking even before sticker shock could set in because I usually do not like what they have to offer. That wasn't my point. I was pointing out that the comforting comment of "only a couple bucks more" can really add up. Family of 3, that's $9... and if there are any other price increases you can make it to an extra $20 by the time you buy lunch!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    For the amount of entertainment you get, Disneyland is still a better deal than one of our local ski resorts. An adult lift ticket (all day) is $68 at the ski resort .

But, parking is free, the food is generally cheaper and there's no need to waste money on souvenirs. While I enjoy Disneyland, I'd rather spend a nice day skiing. Disneyland is available year round and I can arrange my visits there to my advantage. Good skiing days are limited and worth the money.

Of course, there are some who will go skiing in the worst conditions (blizzards & winds) just as there re those who will go to Disneyland during the worst conditions (heat, rain, crowds, closed attractions). Cost is relative. people will spend money if they feel the entertainment value is worth the cost.

As long as Disney maintains the entertainment value of their parks, they will continue to keep their attendance up in spite of price increases. But if they raise their prices more than the value, then they will eventually lose their customer base.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

Well, when you add in all the other things that are going up "only a couple of bucks more" - gas, phone bill, internet, cable TV, insurance, rent, food, and most everything else you can think of, the overall impact on one's monthly expenditures will impact everything else.

With gas prices, they often hike the prices a lot then drop them a bit. People are so thankful of the little drop that they apparently forget the big increase. I don't ever recall Disneyland's prices EVER dropping.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast