Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Where Are the Characters?

Where Are the Characters? Our kids' favorite thing to do is to get character autographs. They got over 100 @ Disney World; including CMs, table attendants, etc. Will they have such luck at Disneyland, and if so, where are they all?

• "I Break Things"

Re: Where Are the Characters?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCanyon View Post
    Where Are the Characters? Our kids' favorite thing to do is to get character autographs. They got over 100 @ Disney World; including CMs, table attendants, etc. Will they have such luck at Disneyland, and if so, where are they all?
    There are a couple ways of doing this. #1 Character Breakfasts... which allow you to meet a variety of characters while eating, and allows a bit more time with each character... but comes at the cost of the meal. #2 Various meet n greets... which are all over the park. 100 in one day is probably not possible (not as big as WDW) but with the character initiative going on you will see a lot of characters all over the place. City Hall also has a list of where to meet certain ones.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

I normally see quite a few when I am just entering the gates to DL. There are always characters out there. Also, Pooh Corner will often have Pooh, Tigger, etc.

• Following the Second Star

In the morning (8:30-9:30) I've seen Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Goofy, Pluto, Donald Cruella, Alice, and the Mad Hatter in Town Square at the same time. Recently the princesses have been coming out at the entrace (Recently I saw Belle out there at about 9:30). Then there's the shell Ariel's in (I have no idea what that area is called) around Materhorn. On the times guide you get at the front, it says when mickey, minnie, winnie the Winnie the Pooh characters, Jack Sparrow, the Princesses, Ariel, Merlin, and Buzz Lightyear will be out.

I believe at City Hall there is a character hotline where you can find out when and where characters will be out.

Just look, they're out there

• Minion

Disneyland simply doesn't have the variety of characters like Walt Disney World has.
    Jeff Wayne

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Disneyland simply doesn't have the variety of characters like Walt Disney World has.
    I have never been to WDW so I can't say for sure. However, the recent change in policy at Disneyland has meant a great deal more characters then in years past... and a return to roaming characters as opposed to everyone in one specific meet n greet. They still have a lot of the meet n greets... but some characters just roam around as well.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Shubisha

While WDW definitely has more characters they don't have the variety that everyone from DL might think they do.. Characters there seem rare, such as the Robin Hood characters for example because they very rarely appear at DL(and lately only in Fantasmic), but those are always the characters that are out in their area there's no surprise appearances by someone random or anything. So it's different for sure and like I said based on their size there are a lot more, but if you're a local there aren't the surprise appearances you might have thought there are.

• Banned User

I never see many characters at Disneyland, unless specifically looking for them early in the day. I'm excited to go to Disneyworld in January because it sounds like there's so many more characters there.

• I'm not really here

Best advice I can give you is to go to City Hall first thing and ask them where the characters you most want will be during the day. They will call the character managers and get a list of times and places for you and even write it down.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

It's been over two years since I worked at DLR, but guaranteed: Mickey and Minnie will ALWAYS be in their respective houses in Toontown until they close it for fireworks; Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale are generally a shoe in to be in Toontown as well.

Alice, the Madhatter, Peter Pan, and Wendy hang out in Townsquare in the morning, then move on to Fantasyland, the Hub, and character walk towards the afternoon. The Princesses are at the Princess Fantasy Faire now pretty much all the time; they used to do entrance gate sets when I worked there, but I'm not so sure anymore. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale can also be found in Townsquare, but that depends on the demand for characters in Toontown (ie- if a they're short a Mickey in his house, then there will be one less Mickey in Townsquare that day).

Jesse and Woody can be found anywhere in Frontierland, you just have to look because they're not high priority characters or they could be hiding behind Thunder Mountain.

Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger can be found at Plaza Inn for breakfast and also in Critter Country during the day. If you're lucky, Piglet and Rabbit will be around as well.

You can also ask any cast member to call the TOONFINDER and they will locate any characters in the park and provide you with their set times and locations.

I hope this helps

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Spiffing View Post
    It's been over two years since I worked at DLR, but guaranteed: Mickey and Minnie will ALWAYS be in their respective houses in Toontown until they close it for fireworks; Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale are generally a shoe in to be in Toontown as well.

Alice, the Madhatter, Peter Pan, and Wendy hang out in Townsquare in the morning, then move on to Fantasyland, the Hub, and character walk towards the afternoon. The Princesses are at the Princess Fantasy Faire now pretty much all the time; they used to do entrance gate sets when I worked there, but I'm not so sure anymore. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale can also be found in Townsquare, but that depends on the demand for characters in Toontown (ie- if a they're short a Mickey in his house, then there will be one less Mickey in Townsquare that day).

Jesse and Woody can be found anywhere in Frontierland, you just have to look because they're not high priority characters or they could be hiding behind Thunder Mountain.

Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger can be found at Plaza Inn for breakfast and also in Critter Country during the day. If you're lucky, Piglet and Rabbit will be around as well.

You can also ask any cast member to call the TOONFINDER and they will locate any characters in the park and provide you with their set times and locations.

I hope this helps
    Mickey is always in his respective house, but last time I was in Minnie's house she wasn't there. Unless you meant she's with Mickey in his house? But I've never seen her there either... Am I missing her? Where is she?

To be fair, when I went to Disney World I hardly saw any characters at all... I might have seen one my entire stay. I definitely run into more at Disneyland.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

• Queen Elsa

I which Disneyland would bring out Daisy Duck to the park and not at the hotels. I never get to the park until 10 at most times and what I got the last time I was at Disneyland and ask about her they said she is at the Lilo and Stitch character meals. I don't know if they have character meals at noon over at Lilo's and Stitch's place or not. I only hear it's for breakfest time. So that's why I want them to bring Daisy out in the parks.

When I worked there, Minnie was always in her house about an hour after Toontown opened until they closed it for fireworks (I practically lived there for my first summer). When you see the hosts put the queue up for her house, that means Minnie will be coming. I would check in the afternoon, unless of course they changed it, but I highly doubt it. She will be somewhere in Toontown, though, practically guarenteed.

Minnie will never be in Mickey's house unless she's going to a special meet and greet for a specific guest. The only other places you can find her are in Townsquare (if no other mouse has called in for the day), Goofy's kitchen, and PCH in the morning. Minnie at DCA isn't a high priority role at all, so that just takes luck to find her there.

And regarding Dasiy, again, she isn't a high priority role AT ALL. AT ALL. Her only real location is PCH which is only open for character dining in the morning. If you are CRAZY lucky, you can find her in Townsquare, but more than likely you won't. If she is there, I would keep an eye out during the early morning (before she gets pulled to a more important role) or the late evening (sometimes CMs extend their work hours and will be lower priority characters).

Last edited by Simply Spiffing; 08-24-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Daisy Duck is quite rare.. I remember getting a picture with her in DCA when it first opened.

• A Weather Eye Open

i had no idea that you could get a list from city hall! that's on my to-do list for when i get back down to so cal in jan.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast