Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The New STar TouRS

I think that they could work out a pod-racing sequence that would kick some major butt.

As for the script....the one they have now isn't exactly Oscar material, it isn't supposed to be.

They need to find a way to offer a new alternative while keeping the old for die-hard fans of the original.
    When I was little I couldn't decide if I wanted to be Snow White or Wonder Woman when I grew up. You can call me "Wonder White"....or maybe "Snow Woman"?

• Hooterville, USA

When you've seen the best, 4 5 6, It's too hard to watch 1 2 3.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Mice Chat Newbie

No Hans Solo... me no buy movie tickee.

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

its all about the jawas, ewoks and wookies....

chewbacca forever!
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

a pod racing scene would be cool angelstern...as long as jarjar & sebulba are nowhere near my pod race...LOL!!

i really love star tours as is, so as long as it stays similar while being freshened up a bit, that will be fine by me!
    <o>

• out & about

Ive got so many things to say about everyone whos dissin my man george lucas but my mom taught me that if i dont have anything nice to say not to say anything at all (haters)...
    ...back on topic, Ive read (on MC) a few new ideas that WDI and ILM have had for a new star tours, all good ideas that could work well. My opinion is that, with so many ideas and avenues to go down I doubt everyone (especially highly critical messege boarders) will be pleased. I, on the other hand, am thrilled and extemely excited and anxious about the mere possibility of Disney & ILM coming together to create a new adventure. I (although apparently in the minority) respect GL, his ideas, vision, direction even writting (why cant a guy try out his own ideas... its HIS afterall. and in case anyone forgot... despite the bad script EpIII broke all kinds of box office records). I feel that however the new attraction turns out it will endure over the next almost 20 years. Whether any of us like it or not Star Wars still rules the galaxy!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Sock Puppet

Wow I think I have heard enough. M Sparks, don't you think that if you knew what you were talking about when it comes to scripts and screen plays that you would have a career in the field? Leave that stuff up to the extremely talented professionals (ie George Lucas).

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    If it is in lucas's mind it is garbage. He is a very lucky person to come up with a concept but beyond that he takes way too much credit.
    Considering the fact that he created the highest-grossing film in the history of a motion picture, and he pretty much revolutionized the way we look at any type of film, He can take as much credit as he wants to. I just wonder/hope that the new star tours wont focus as much on the prequels, bc i want it to do with the "empire" and not the trade federation bs. Maybe make a new ride film that has to do with immediatly after Episode 3, like with the Prequel star destroyers but painted white/grey like those of the original trilogy.

• Minion

With hints thrown out in the last few months - Peoplemover 2.0, Astro Orbitor again in the center of the land, removed rocks to open up the entrance, new Monorail trains, along with reopened Submarine Voyage (all this looking promising for 2007/8) that would be the right time for a new Star Tours film - and now would be the right time for pre-production. Hope it's happening for sure!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Ok, so George is ganna re-do star tours and stuff. All rumors point to the fact that it will "incorperate" elements from the prequel trilogy.....my question is will there still be the "empire"/death star battle? Like, will it just "incorperate" a flight through Courscant (a planet in the prequels) and still end up in some way battling the Galatic empire, or will it be completely set in the prequels, having you fight against the CIS?

Any info would be cooL.
    Im not sure, but "technology" does not imply script. All 3 prequals use a technology that simply did not exist in the 3 first films. Computer Generated Graphics! Also, the original Star Tours was made before 3D CG really evolved into something that could convince the guest they were flying through an Ice comit or zipping down the death star.

I think the next Star Tours will feature complete CGI. Most likley they will also re-write the tour. With CG, this also leaves the option of MULTIPLE destinations since there is NO set to build. Also with some heavy rendering power, its POSSIBLE to RANDOMIZE the trip. Not only randomize were you go, but HOW you get there. A good example would be todays Star tours. One trip you go through the ice comit. The next trip you skim along its surface. Or maybe you wont get shot by a tie, but fight your way to the surface of the death star. Maybe the next trip you wont even be going to Endor! Its all possible with todays computer tech. I know since its my job. Live render is getting very good and very close to movie quality. Even to a point were there wont be a droid controlling the Star Speeder, but one of the guest's. The possabilities today with 3D CG is endless. Im getting giddy just thinking of it!!!!

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Even to a point were there wont be a droid controlling the Star Speeder, but one of the guest's. The possabilities today with 3D CG is endless. Im getting giddy just thinking of it!!!!
    so are you saying we could theoretically have a "choose your own adventure" 3D CG star tours attraction? Cause if you are i like the sound of it!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Happy Haunt

Wow, I thought I was getting into a forum about Star Tours, and it seems it has become a Star Wars film review. Anyway, I have always liked Star Tours, but do feel it is quite dated. The technology for motion rides has far surpassed this small but fun early concept. I have always thought the ride should be completely torn down, and rebuilt to be more similar to something like the Back to the Future ride. That tiny Starspeeder screen works, but take the concept of the BTTF ride, and imagine 10 or so people sitting in a simulator cockpit of the Millenium Falcon with a large domed screen in front of you taking everyone on a journey through our beloved galaxy far far away. Wouldn't that be so much more impressive than the current or newly revamped prequal version? You'd think the developmental talent of Disney combined with the technological achievements of Lucasfilm could come up with a Star Wars equivelant E Ticket ride that would rivel any film related ride at any theme park around the world.

But, this is my opinion. Although, my true opinion is that a full Star Wars theme park or at least a park featuring Lucasfilm properties should be developed. I always wanted a roller coaster that simulated a snowspeeder's flight patch around a few life sized AT ATs ala MGM Studios FL version of Star Tours. Wouldn't that be fun?

• I'm listening to KDROID

As one of the few misguided souls who still believes that CG will be the death of cinema, I hope they wouldn't stoop to complete CGI rendering of the ride. There's something absolutely synthetic and unbelievable about CG renderings that makes it hard for me to believe that there's anything there. Maybe it's something about the way the light interacts with models that you don't get with the CG. Never once have I seen a movie where the CG was more convincing than an actual model / set / etc. There's just something inherently fake about it to me.

Which is why I love the current Star Tours. There's models there. They actually built and filmed those things you see flying out there in battle. Still to this day, after countless times on ST, I still kinda jerk back a bit when you almost run into the back of the X-Wing on your way to the surface of the Death Star. It's much more realistic to me. I can more easily believe that there's something out there, because it looks more convincing to me in a way that computers fail to meet. It might be years before I can't tell the difference. Maybe not. Until someone gets it right, I hope that whoever shoots the remake will have the good sense to use models and actual sets, instead of making it like a glorified video game.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand... I wouldn't mind getting a new film, as long as the original one remains in some ridable way. I love it. I just hope it doesn't become a Pod Race... they spent so much time on those in Ep 1 and I don't know how many Pod Racer video games that I'm sick of them. Anything new would be good, as long as it maintains the feel and excitement of the original. And the randomization thing sounds awesome, I'd enjoy seeing that integrated somehow.

QUESTION: The RX pilot is voiced by Paul Reubens, a.k.a. Pee Wee Herman, correct?

• Sock Puppet

The thing that made the new trilogy suck: No Lando

And the only thing that will make Star Tours better: More Lando

If I was to guess, any new flights the Star Tours passenger carrier offers will be to places that might have been introduced in Episodes I-III, but the Star Tours experience will still be set after "Return of the Jedi" in the chronology of the events.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast