Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• the subs were cool maan

The New STar TouRS

Ok, so George is ganna re-do star tours and stuff. All rumors point to the fact that it will "incorperate" elements from the prequel trilogy.....my question is will there still be the "empire"/death star battle? Like, will it just "incorperate" a flight through Courscant (a planet in the prequels) and still end up in some way battling the Galatic empire, or will it be completely set in the prequels, having you fight against the CIS?

Any info would be cooL.

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Re: The New STar TouRS

i dont know about any of that, but george Lucas better not write the script.
    (insert funny comment here)

• the subs were cool maan

Why the hekk not? Its george Lucas, HE CREATED IT AND STUFF!?

BECAUSE THE MAN CAN'T WRITE! (Not that there's much to "write" on a ride-film.)

After hating Episode I, and skipping Episode II, I reluctantly checked out III. It was a good story, but a TERRIBLE script. Poor Natalie Portman and Ewin McGregor- great actors forced to read such garbage.

The best film in the series (in most people's opinions) was neither written, nor directed by Lucas. Let him dream up what he wants, give him a bunch of money, and let real artists take care of actually MAKING it.

• keh!

best part:

"AAAHHHHH!!!.... Luke. AAAHHHH!!! ... Leah."

• Kirbyshowcase.com

i mean, how can u mess up episode 3? its evil, its what everyone wanted but it was still not even close to its potential. I mean come on, anakin turns into darth vader, thats cool. he just didn't do enough character and plot development to really grab u emotionally.
    (insert funny comment here)

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks
    BECAUSE THE MAN CAN'T WRITE! (Not that there's much to "write" on a ride-film.)

After hating Episode I, and skipping Episode II, I reluctantly checked out III. It was a good story, but a TERRIBLE script. Poor Natalie Portman and Ewin McGregor- great actors forced to read such garbage.
    Yeah, if George Lucas can ruin something as pure as Star Wars, I don't think I want him writing for Star Tours. I almost fell asleep during Episode III, the ONLY reason I forced myself to stay awake was to see what happens to Darth Vader. Unfortunately I saw images forever burned into my brain that I wish so badly that I could "unsee" now. Darth Vader yelling, "NOOOO!"? WTF was that about George, he's not Frankenstein.

George is a great visionary, his producer skills are highly valuable. However, his directing skills and writing skills are literally worse than a 4th grader. With his insistence of taking complete control of the prequels, I see no reason why he'd want to relinquish much control to WDI. Star Tours would be as badly screwed up as the prequels if it was ever redone with George around. He's not the same aspiring, up-and-coming creative genius that he was in 1986 for the first Star Tours (or Captain EO for that matter). He's a successful billionaire living in his own little world obsessed with controlling every single aspect of his past work, while offering very little in creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks

The main problem with III was it picked up where II left off...and no one remembered where that was!
    And it kinda sucked to watch a movie where you already knew the ending. Kinda like Titanic. You knew the end wasn't gonna be pretty!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I really enjoyed Episode III. Sure, I'm not a big film buff, nor am I hardcore Star Wars by any means, but I enjoy the Star Wars films (well, the original trilogy, that is) and after watching Epsiode I and II just so I would know what was going on, I was immensely pleased with Episode III. Considering the terrible terrible first two prequels, you guys can't deny Episode III was decent enough to justify your $9 +/- at the movie theater.

That's my two cents, anyway.

I think Star Tours is getting to be very dated. I love it as it is, but it is starting to loose its appeal, and while it's been a must-do for a long time for me, the past couple times I've missed it without thinking twice. It needs to be freshened up, and if a new destination was picked and a new film made to match that destination not much else would need to change. The Star Speeders wouldnt necessarilly need any visual/cosmetic updates and the queue would still be sufficient.

I think trying to put us through us through all 6 films on one ride would kill it and there would be a whole mess of disgruntled Star Wars/Disneyland nerds out there. It doesnt need to incorporate elements from all 6 films to be good...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Wonderful World

3-6 were good but 1 and 2 stunk
    I'm back MiceChat

• Minion

I hope they let you choose which destination you would like to go. Hopefully the new one will be of the prequels.

• All you need is LOVE

I love star wars and star tours Just had to share

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Why the hekk not? Its george Lucas, HE CREATED IT AND STUFF!?
    You do know he is the one who ruined the entire series episode 1-3 right? The reason why the old ones were amazing was because HE DIDN'T DIRECT THEM. Episode 1-3 were garbage and the 4th one was not the best of the 6. The really good ones were episode 5 and 6 and Lucas did not direct them.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs
    I love star wars and star tours Just had to share
    Hehe, me too

Hey, at least Lucas wants to give the ride an update. It means a fresher Tommorowland, new ideas an oppertunitites. No need to bash before we don't even know what is in Lucas' mind (and as stated above, not all that much story would have to be involved...it's mostly crazy movement and special effects).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Hehe, me too

Hey, at least Lucas wants to give the ride an update. It means a fresher Tommorowland, new ideas an oppertunitites. No need to bash before we don't even know what is in Lucas' mind (and as stated above, not all that much story would have to be involved...it's mostly crazy movement and special effects).
    If it is in lucas's mind it is garbage. He is a very lucky person to come up with a concept but beyond that he takes way too much credit.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast