Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Question Disneyland Addiction?

My friend goes to the park about 4-5 times a week. She can't bear to be at home she finds it too boring and the park never gets old to her. She's had a pass for about 5 years now and has gone at this pace basically all 5 years. She doesn't even have a car so all of these trips are someone else dropping her off there and picking her up (mainly her parents!). Her boyfriend has threatened to dump her because he can't compete with her love for the park.

I have to ask.. can some people just get TOO obsessed with the park?

• LoisAlene

Re: Disneyland Addiction?

LOL you are asking that question on THIS board??

I think there is no danger in Disney Addiction. If I could escape to Disneyland 4-5 times a week I'd be in heaven! Growing up is scary enough without having to leave your comfort zone behind.

Too much Disneyland? Never!!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    I have to ask.. can some people just get TOO obsessed with the park?
    Yes.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

An unhealthy addiction is defined as something that interferes with your daily life and ability to function normally.

Anything can become an unhealthy addiction, even Disneyland, I imagine.

Sounds to me like the person is fairly young. I would imagine that they will outgrow their compulsion once they grow up, move out and get a life Once you have bills to pay and can't rely on parents to pay for everything and take you everywhere, other things take priority.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

Hi, my name is shortiemetoo and I am a disneyholic!! lol I wish I could go 4 or 5 times a week....but I don't think I would do that for five years! I am lucky to go twice or three times a year!!
    Can it be too much...I vote yes...but if she has friends (and she had time to make a boyfriend) than she may just be very well adjusted and just love disneyland!!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Sounds to me like the person is fairly young. I would imagine that they will outgrow their compulsion once they grow up, move out and get a life Once you have bills to pay and can't rely on parents to pay for everything and take you everywhere, other things take priority.
    I totally agree. Everyone goes through odd stages when they're young, but by the time you reach 18, things that seemed important when you're young just don't seem as important. And I think that one can absolutely be too obsessed with Disneyland. If her obsession is causing problems in her life, like her boyfriend, she should stop. Although it's technically more "healthy" than an addiction to drugs, alcohol or gambling, it sounds like it's still causing her problems in her normal life.

And besides that, Disneyland is not meant to be experienced nearly every day. It's an escape from the real world, not an excuse from the real world. A person needs to go back into the real world for a while before Disneyland can be an escape again. When someone goes that much, they tarnish the incredible feeling you get from walking through those gates. I mean, sure, she probably enjoys herself when she's there, but I guarantee you it's not as fun for her as if she only went once a year or so. I haven't been in 3 years and I know that the day I step foot in that park again, I'll be overwhelmed by excitement and joy. I actually limit myself on purpose because I never want to lose that special feeling that comes every time when you make Disneyland visits rare.

• Banned User

My friend I talk about just turned 17. So she's not too young. We're seniors in highschool starting this Monday.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    My friend I talk about just turned 17. So she's not too young. We're seniors in highschool starting this Monday.
    By young, I meant still in high school, living at home with no real responsibilities or bills to pay.

That is not meant as an insult, so don't take it that way. But I remember what it was like to live at home- I had a job in high school and paid for my own car, insurance, gas, etc. But that is nothing compared to having rent to pay, bills, a full time job, and other such responsibilities. Life is much easier when you have your parents to take care of you.

My point was that, because your friend is still in high school, its probably not an issue. As long as she can find people to take her there and doesn't drop out of school as a result, then its not a big deal.

Now if she is 40 and still living at home with her parents and going to Disneyland everyday, there might be an issue
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• My cuties!

So she's not too young
    This made me laugh!! Guess "young" is relative!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom
    This made me laugh!! Guess "young" is relative!!

• My cuties!

Seeing as how I graduated from high school 20 years ago, 17 is very young to me! But when I was 17, I thought I was very mature! Live and learn, I guess!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

When I was a young lad of 18 I thought myself a freaking genius.........boy I miss that idiot
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

I don't think I'm a genius but I have been through alot more than most my age so sometimes I can be pretty serious.. I mean I've received my calling from God to be a pastor and I'm working for that so that's alot more than most my age can say.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    When I was a young lad of 18 I thought myself a freaking genius.........boy I miss that idiot
    There are many things we did (and teens do) that we just dont' realize how stupid/dumb/naive/young we were til we grew up and looked back. I thought I was so mature at 17-20, and while I was more mature than my peers, I had a heck of a lot to learn. At 17-18, driving was a cinch, speed limits were a joke, now I value the responsibilities it involves. My parents were old fashion and I knew I could make my life so much better than theirs, and I would not make the same mistakes. School was a social aspect, with education interferring with that, now I value any schooling for just that. (I was what is now called AP too!) It is amazing how grown up we think we are at 17, and how much growing up makes us more like our parents.

As for if a 17yo going to Disneyland so often is an addiction, if it is interferring with financial aspects of her life, or is destroying her education, it may be an issue. If not, she is a teen living the life a teen should. I wish I could have gone to Disney that often at that age.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Wonderful World

going to disneyland that much IS a problem.If I lived in so cal and had a annual pass I would prolly go 3 or 4 times a month.I'm sure she will get bored with it soon
    I'm back MiceChat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast