Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: UNconfirmed rumor - HISTA to close after Labor Day

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    Ok, so I just have to say that though you all seem to hate the attraction, HISTA does quite well with the average guest. Those that haven't been to Disney, or those that don't go every day or week...month...whatever.

I have to agree with kriskitty22, but then I again I do work under her .

I've watched the guest's reactions to this show and I see laughter, screams, amazement and wonder. That tells me that it is still an attraction worth seeing for those that only go once in a while or once in a lifetime. It is still part of the Disney experience!

I'm all for seeing something new go in, don't get me wrong. But since the "higher ups" have chosen to focus on other parts of the Parks right now, we'll have to be happy with what we have. I'm sure Lassiter will get around to this part of TL eventually.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

So - why not do TIMEKEEPER (Visionarium) as a 3D show - keep the two robotronics (Nine-Eyes and Timekeeper - aka Rhea Perlman & Robin Williams) as hosts and then get a good 3d film of time travel, Jules Verne, et al...easier to maintain than a Circlevision and the amazing performances of not only the actors in the projected film but Rhea Perlman and Robin (oops, my pants are full...Hello, Trevor!) Williams as well.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I have no problem with HISTA. I just feel it has run its' course and it is time for something new. Maybe a 3d version of Adventures Through Inner Space
    Dave

I think they SHOULD tear out HISTA and put Captain Eo back in.

Hes innocent, he didnt do anything wrong, and they should refix all the outdated CG footage and and redo it. But Leave Michael IN THE FILM!!!!!
    Last edited by kh2nerd806; 08-06-2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: to add smiley

• Animation Domination

kh2nerd806 Wrote:

Hes innocent, he didnt do anything wrong, and they should refix all the outdated CG footage and and redo it. But Leave Michael IN THE FILM!!!!!
    That sounds like a really great idea. Just make all the Captain EO logos like the old ones.

• Grim Grinning

I only did HISTA twice, once was against my will since my family had never seen it before. I didn't care for it much and i'm surprised that it has lasted as long as it has. It's long over due for something new in the space.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kh2nerd806 View Post

Did nothing wrong hmmmm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_NvTkcnU3s

• Animation Domination

Kritter Wrote:

Did nothing wrong hmmmm?
    He did do something but he was not guilty twice I think. I also heard that he put some kind of wine in the fruit punch. Just ask Stewie Griffin.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Did nothing wrong hmmmm?
    Gee, should I mention it was Polarized 3D, not Red/Blue 3D?

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Iron-Clad Allie

The sooner HISTA beomes HISTA-ry the better - but only if Disney intends to immediatly replace it with somethg better in terms of story and technology. Just as sure as Disney is doing a makeover of all of Tomorrowland, change is soon to come to HISTA.

*side note* Purge your soul of Captain Uh Oh! It should never and will never be reserected in any form. Michael's other glove was recently recovered. Let's just say that it was a little too white for it's own good.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The sooner HISTA beomes HISTA-ry the better - but only if Disney intends to immediatly replace it with somethg better in terms of story and technology. Just as sure as Disney is doing a makeover of all of Tomorrowland, change is soon to come to HISTA.

*side note* Purge your soul of Captain Uh Oh! It should never and will never be reserected in any form. Michael's other glove was recently recovered. Let's just say that it was a little too white for it's own good.
    Now quit that!! I'm willing to bet a small sum that the whole "Gloved One" Thing was from Vitaligo - where the skin goes from normal brown to white and blotchy... You can apply covering makeup almost everywhere EXCEPT on the hands, it would rub off too easily.

As to MJJ's (*) morals and character, this is neither the time or place to discuss them in depth - suffice it to say I don't approve of much in his life. And because of that unresolved controversy, forget about 'Captain Eo' coming back to a Disney park as an attraction. They can find another movie or entertainment property to tie a new attraction to.

Leaving HISTA there and running would be far preferable to having a very visible empty building for 10+ years like COP/America Sings - HISTA still gets good reviews from the tourist visitors, it isn't like SuperStar Limo where it hurt overall guest opinions simply by being there.

--<< Bruce >>--

(* - Note: The Gloved One is legally Michael J. Jackson, and the J. is just an initial. Michael Jackson MBE (the South African born and British raised Los Angeles talk-radio host) had the professional name first with SAG and AFTRA, and MJJ had to add the J to differentiate.)
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Yeah a lot of people here don't like HISTA, but I think it's very well done, especially the 'shrinking' part where the floor shakes and reverberates. My main complaint is the film quality - the images of Nigel Channing and others on the 'stage' are too blurry and low image quality to be believable as actual people on the stage. If they had digital technology, and maybe even computer-generated people those images of people could be crystal clear and really believable. Alas, they probably won't do that for this aging attraction. I think the story and set up are also very well done, but again, since this is tied to a very old movie, they probably won't update it, just replace it. By the way, I thought Captain Eo was somewhat entertaining, but a very sad example of a collaboration between Lucas and Coppola, they could have done much better, or could they? Sometimes great creators come up short. The Star Wars prequels weren't that great (except the third one), I hope they don't ruin Star Tours with the new ride film.

I don't think anybody's knocking HISTA, there are number of great moments in the show, but it has clearly run its course. The films have not held up with to begin with. Everything about it feels dated and, as you pointed out, the quality is not very good at this point. Some thing goes for Star Tours, IMO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234