Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Higitus Figitus

Cool Backpack or Fanny Pack?

When you go to Disneyland- which do you prefer to carry all your snacks and other belongings- the backpack or the fanny pack?

which is more comfortable, easy to carry around, and bring onto rides?

besides just a typical backpack/fanny pack, do you need one that is waterproof? has a water bottle compartment?

or do you just carry all your stuff along with you in your hands?

its super goofy- but i thought it might be a fun thread!
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

• I'm a fiddle player......

Re: Backpack or Fanny Pack?

how bout locker?

• WDW CP Spring 2013

I don't like to have anything with me because they are a burden having to carry them everywhere. I just rent a locker.

• "I Break Things"

I have a small green canvas backpack that I purchased about 10 years ago at a military surplus store. I have had this backpack ever since. It has survived 2 tours on Jungle, and a combat tour in the Marines. It is a combination diaper bag and snack bag. I would honestly be lost without it. I have only seen one other like it... one of the hosts on the PBS Show "Globetrekker" has one, and she swears by her pack as well.

Several Skips took to nicknaming it the "Mary Poppins Bag" because they were constantly amazed at how much it can hold. So, backpack, that's my vote. In my case it's small, compact, and holds a lot.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I feel so naked without something to carry stuff in. I want something big enough to hold lots a stuff and small not to whack anyone in the head,

Where are messenger bags?

Depends on my mood! I've taken backpacks, large purses, small purses, a camelbak pack, and a Disneyland messenger-style bag.

I carry my day-book, a notebook, bottle of water, snacks, pens, camera, lip-gloss, hand-cream (sometimes), and other assorted bits depending on what I think I might need. Hard to say what I bring.

I like the Camelbak a lot- carries my keys, camera, lipgloss, and maybe a small thing of snacksomething. I refill it at First Aid. It's really convenient, even going on rides. Slip it off my shoulders, tuck it on the ride, and I'm good.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• I'm a fiddle player......

cargo short/pants

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by napamaninsocal View Post
    cargo short/pants
    Ditto. I don't carry anything except the basics... cell, money and AP. If it doesn't fit in my pockets I don't take it. An exception will be if its a "special event" like the anniversary meet or when we do quests and I have to carry supplies around for that. Then I have a hobo bag that I will use.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

It really depends on the day. I usually take my cellphone, keys, lipgloss (about 3 of them), camera, wallet/money, umbrella (if it's winter, I have one that rolls up to smaller than a bottle of water) and.....that's it usually. I almost swear by shapeless, punk-pinned purses, and lately I've been using a Jack Skellington one I got at Le Bat En Rouge for $25 because it's not too big around but deep enough to carry all of the items mentioned above, a sweatjacket, and a waterbottle, with still some space to spare without being too bulky.
    But between the two specified, I'd use a backpack--a small one, but a backpack nonetheless. Any gals in the 18-25 age group remember the Purple Moon computer games? I still have my free backpack from them, and I still use it because of its dependability. Gotta love it!
    dreams. come. true.

• Genteel Amphibian

Neither, I usually try not to carry anything other than my wallet and keys.

Although I one brought a change of pants and a sweatshirt, so I emptied out my messenger-style laptop bag, (yes including laptop) and carried that, It was actually quite confortable.

• I'm not really here

I usually look like a small electronics store. Video camera, wife's digital camera, spare batteries for both, extra memory card, extra video tapes. Thank the dear lord for cargo shorts.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• we jumped out a window

I usually bring a backpack though it's especially troublesome on Indy as you have to try to stuff it into the storage pouch. On Screamin', it's even worse and I've no choice but to put the backpack on the floor and wrap the straps through my arms. If I do buy something, which is a great deal of the time, I try to take advantage of the package drop off sites as much as possible.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

The only bag I ever take is my camera bag. Other than that, I just have some great cargo shorts that carry everything I need.

• Following the Second Star

Just like the poster before me, all I take is my camera bag. All I need is my camera, extra battery, extra memory card, wallet, and cell phone. All of that fits in my camera bag. If I bring anything else, my friend usually carries it.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I always bring a large purse that can carry the world in or a sturdy tote bag. I can always fit everything I need plus water bottles and a sweatshirt. Backpacks hurt my shoulders and are a hassle to take on and off all day.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast