• Here Comes Trouble

Aladdin or Toy Story-The Musical...or both?

Screamscape has posted a new rumor that Toy Story-The Musical may not be dead afterall as a replacement for Aladdin, but it sounds like Aladdin could still reopen after the major refurb later this year. Any insiders know what's up?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/disn..._adventure.htm

Toy Story: The Musical - Rumor - (8/3/08) While I don’t know what the short-term plan is for the Aladdin show, we’ve heard that Toy Story: The Musical is now scheduled to open in early 2010 as a replacement. So I guess the question remains as to when exactly the current Aladdin show will close down
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Re: Aladdin or Toy Story-The Musical...or both?

Toy Story-The Musical huh? I'm not sure how I feel about that. Isn't there plenty of Disney movies that already have songs in them?

Anyways, no insider info here, but it would be nice to know when Aladdin will close down. I'd like to get a couple more shows in before then.

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    Toy Story-The Musical huh? I'm not sure how I feel about that. Isn't there plenty of Disney movies that already have songs in them?

Anyways, no insider info here, but it would be nice to know when Aladdin will close down. I'd like to get a couple more shows in before then.
    According to CM's on the 17th, when the show closes in September for rehab, it is scheduled to reopen (in December I think). If they are going forward with TSTM, they are obvioulsy still in the planning stages, so you should have more time before (if) it goes dark permenantly.

• First Time Disneylander

Screamsacpe's sources are nothing more than rumors that they find floating around the web, then reposting those rumors on their website. I'm not putting any credence to this rumor, or any rumor from screamscape for that matter. They probably picked this rumor up from these forums as a matter of fact.
    Sorry, I'm not a screamscape hater, but their way to get "news" annoys me.
    Walt Disney World - August 2010!

• Minion

If it's true, I think this would be Toy Story overkill at the DLR - two rides and a stage musical? Then again, unlike the rides, at least the musical would actually take place in the world of the movie instead of just throwing in the characters (Yes, I know TSMM supposedly takes place under Andy's bed, but I didn't feel like I was there ).
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    If it's true, I think this would be Toy Story overkill at the DLR - two rides and a stage musical? Then again, unlike the rides, at least the musical would actually take place in the world of the movie instead of just throwing in the characters (Yes, I know TSMM supposedly takes place under Andy's bed, but I didn't feel like I was there ).
    I totally agree with you on that. When these rumors started a month or so ago, some Mice Chatters all had great suggestions for other show options like Mary Poppins, Mulan or otehr Disney characters that have no rides and little mention in either park that could be alot more fun than another Toy Story event.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

That would definitely be a toy story-overkill..

I don't know how I would feel about a toy story musical.. the movie itself wasn't really "musical" in the sense the aladdin was "musical" to begin with.. so it'd be interesting to see what kind of songs and such they'd plug into the story line..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• Banned User

If you look at the Toy Story Musical they do on the Disney Cruise Line and see reviews, the musical looks really bad. Honestly, the only reason I think they would put a Toy Story Musical in is to capitalize on Toy Story 3, which is coming out around the same time, I believe.

I have only heard poisonous things about the Toy Story musical. The Aladdin show should stick around for a while as it is still so popular.

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
    I have only heard poisonous things about the Toy Story musical. The Aladdin show should stick around for a while as it is still so popular.
    last month a CM at the Aladdin show did tell Kasey that Aladdin is returning after the refurb in fall. The Toy Story musical isn't rumored to start until 2010 which, as someone pointed out above, will coincide with TS3 release in theaters.

I still think it's Toy Story overkill, especially since the heyday from the movies was how many years ago??

Don't get rid of Aladdin!!!!!!!!!!! I love that show! Replace it with Toy Story? No. Yuck.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.