Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Pictures of the park

Sorry, it's not a post of pictures...

I always bring my camera to Disneyland when I go. I try to find new and interesting shots each visit, but I'm not always in a creative mood and I just end up taking basic shots.

So, I'm wondering if any of you out there have any ideas for shots. Maybe something you see and think "I wish had a good picture of that" or something that you've tried to capture, but it just doesn't turn out for you even though you know it has potential.

I'm going to be at Disneyland tomorrow night, date night, and will have my camera and just wanted to see if you guys had a creative shot that I could get for you while I'm there.

Cheers,
    Jimmy
    Last edited by dlandjimmy; 08-04-2008 at 09:46 AM.

• CM supporter

Re: Pictures of the park

Fine, I'll post one picture so you aren't too disappointed when you read this thread.

Jimmy

• =)

As you ride the railroad into New Orleans Square, you pass through a dark tunnel. For a few moments before that tunnel, there are interesting backstage views on both sides of the tracks. On the right/forward side of the track are the first Pirates of the Caribbean show building, a kitchen service area, and part of the backstage exterior of the Indy queue. On the left/behind side of the track are the huge Indiana Jones show building and a bit of the second Pirates show building. Photos of any and all of these are difficult to take, but always appreciated...by me, at least. I take some every time I visit the park, and I still don't have enough to fully capture all of what's visible. The plants just get in the way too much.

From the looks of things on your Flickr photostream, however, it looks to me like you don't need much help from us. You're doing a pretty fantastic job as it is.

• CM supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    As you ride the railroad into New Orleans Square, you pass through a dark tunnel. For a few moments before that tunnel, there are interesting backstage views on both sides of the tracks. On the right/forward side of the track are the first Pirates of the Caribbean show building, a kitchen service area, and part of the backstage exterior of the Indy queue. On the left/behind side of the track are the huge Indiana Jones show building and a bit of the second Pirates show building. Photos of any and all of these are difficult to take, but always appreciated...by me, at least. I take some every time I visit the park, and I still don't have enough to fully capture all of what's visible. The plants just get in the way too much.

From the looks of things on your Flickr photostream, however, it looks to me like you don't need much help from us. You're doing a pretty fantastic job as it is.
    Thanks! I'm sure I've captured a few good ones here and there, but I like to get input from different people too. Everyone see the park differently.

I'll see what I can do, but unfortunately my lens that see through trees is in the shop right now ;-). Night probably won't be the best time to try those either, but my next day trip I'll try to keep that in mind for you.

• =)

Ah, I didn't see the part about you going at night. Never mind! *pats self on back, shakes head in embarrassment*

• CM supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Ah, I didn't see the part about you going at night. Never mind! *pats self on back, shakes head in embarrassment*
    Haha, no prob. I might make it there by 5pm or so. The sun will be low, but I'll see what I can do.

• I'm not really here

Photos of Big Thunder Peak across the Rivers of America, Haunted Mansion lighting, NOS building facades. I love photos that have some kind of a curving path in them... make you want to find out what's just around the bend. Fowler's Harbor could be cool at night too.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Your Flicker stream... wow. I love rainy days in the park and you captured those rainy days perfectly!

I would love to see a picture of the Matterhorn at night from the Fantasyland side. I always try to get that one but as my camera isn't the best...

Have a great time!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• CM supporter

Thanks haunted_hottie!

And thanks mycroft16 too. I'll try to keep both of your ideas in mind while I'm at the park.

Here's another shot.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I always like to get a shot of the mad tea cups with friends in it... but while keeping the madness of the ride. This shot took a while to get but i was finally able to capture my friends in the cup as it passed by:

Of course it would be better if they were looking up but no worries.

I just kinda like shots that are in motion anyway hehe. And I like shots that have something neat in the background and foreground but composed in a way that really makes sense.

I look forward to seeing what you get!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    Fine, I'll post one picture so you aren't too disappointed when you read this thread.

Jimmy
    My goodness...that pic almost looks surreal!

• =)

I love long-exposure nighttime photography... You truly did a fantabulous job with the BTMRR shot.

• Fancy that...

oOoo, love the nighttime BTMRR shot

• whatever

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    Simply amazing. I can't even tell you how amazing that shot is....

• Hello

Cool Re: Pictures of the park

This photo is a bit blurry, but I like it...

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

This is also a cool shot I took.

[IMG][/IMG]

P.S. If anyone knows how to post pictures on a Mac, without using Photo Shack please tell/help. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast