Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Saturday - Let's talk about the past

Wanted to say happy Birthday to Seatac Toad first... I loved the subs because of the water fall.

• I love Florida - and lamp

Thanks Lobomickey.

• FastPass n00b

I too would like to wish Seatac Toad a happy 42nd birthday.

• I love Florida - and lamp

Thank you, Athlonacon. So far, it doesn't feel any different than 41... or 40...

In fact, it hasn't felt any different since 21. Mmmmm... beeeer.

• My Children's Father

I miss the Mine Train Ride Thru Nature's Wonderland and Rainbow Caverns. Anything less than a ride of Big Thunder's quality replacing it would be truly upsetting.

I also miss looking for the family car riding the Monorail as it zooms over the parking lot.

I miss the Welch's grape juice stand in Fantasyland. Of course, since I have Type II diabetes, I miss grape juice period .......

I remember playing tic-tac-toe against a computer in the queue for circlevision.

I remember ordering a "tuna salad" at the Chicken of the Sea - sponsored pirate ship restaurant in Fantasyland, and wondering where the bread was (it was a salad). I think that was the first time in my life I ate lettuce.

I remember being taken into the park just for breakfast at the Aunt Jemima's Pancake House (now the Riverbelle Terrace) on a morning we were supposed to be heading home. My mom was reluctant, but very accommodating. I don't suppose that could happen today with the get-everything-for-one-extravagant-price admission ....... what a BRAT I was ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

The past attractions I miss the most are Adventure Thru Innerspace, the Submarine Voyage, and the PeopleMover. When I was a kid, these were my favorite, not to be missed rides, especially ATIS. I used to marvel at how they could actually shrink you! And then put you right again! Blew my mind.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    When I was little I used to dream of staying at The Disneyland Hotel. I thought the people who got to stay there were special. We used to take day trips to the park or stay at The Howard Johnsons. When I was older I stayed at The Disneyland Hotel and after having to move to three rooms before I got one that didn't A) Smell like cigarettes smoke, B) smelled slightly of sewage, C) wasn't too close to the elevator and ice machine - my mom's request, I didn't really feel that special after all! LOL!
    When we used to come down when I was "little" we always stayed at the Magic Lamp or Jolly Roger. When I got to be a teen, and would bring my siblings down, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in the bungalows. (I was 18, my friend who helped drive was 18, and we brought a 3, 4, and 7yo with us.) It was a blast. Wow, now I am reminiscing! My sibs are now 29, 30, and 33.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Wonderful World

I really miss the skyway and the subs.Some of my first Disneyland memories were on those rides
    I'm back MiceChat

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann

Could you once ride a mule at Disneyland?

How about that funny flying saucer type ride?
    Those are two ends of the spectrum, huh! Yes, you could ride a mule... and it was an E-ticket attraction! Unfortunately, those dang mules had a mind of their own and sometimes like to turn their heads back and nip your ankles. Walt finally had enough and away they went. You could also ride a stagecoach drawn by real horses!

I remember the flying saucers and they were a lot of fun. They floated on a cushion of air and you merely had to shift your weight to send them careening around the area, bumping into other saucers. The official reason for their closing was that they were a maintenence nightmare. I've also heard it just got too embarassing to deal with "well-fed" guests whose saucers remained firmly planted on the deck after the air came on.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

I also miss the Marquee sign as you pulled in. And parking in the parking lot and having trams come get you. And the Monorail Cafe, which sat about where the Lego store now is.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Tomorrow will be the last day of my seven days of threads. I am trying to think of a real good topic to end the series of threads.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to everyone who participated and contributed. MiceChatters are so smart.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12