Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Enclosed Fantasyland Theatre in 2010/2011

Hey everybody,

I heard that word on the street Fantasyland Theatre. As soon as Princess Fantasy Faire is over, they're going to turn Fantasyland Theatre into an enclosed theatre. Just like from Hyperion Theatre. Animal Kingdom turned Theater of the Wild into enclosed theatre for Finding Nemo: The Musical. Now, remember when Fantasyland or Videopolis Theatre was an outdoor theatre and you've been interrupted by a train whistle and screaming people from the Toontown roller coaster? Then my friends, you're troubles will be over. I found it on this link:http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/se...syland+Theatre

According to Al Lutz update saying that Princess Fantasy Faire will stay long through Disneyland's 55th Anniversary in 2010. So, maybe they might do another 18 or less months of a 55th Anniversary celebration. Just like 50th Anniversary. Now, the reason why put it up again, because they closed my original thread and probably I've been saying there is an offical news about the Fantasyland Theatre. So this time I put the rumor sign...for now.

And don't you worry, The Toy Story Musical won't be at Fantasyland Theatre. I think I'm going to trust Tony Baxter and hope this plan will be approval. Okay, I know it's still a rumor, but I'm going to try to keep my hopes up. Because next year will be a new beginning to end these problems. So, I'll keep looking at the same sight until there's good news for Fantasyland Theatre. Best of hopes.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Enclosed Fantasyland Theatre in 2010/2011

Nooooooooo!!!

You currently can see part of the Fantasyland Theatre behind the castle as you are walking down Main Street.

This is bad ebough. Can you imagine the view of the castle down Main Street with a huge, ugly, Hyperion-like theatre looming behind it in the background?

• MC, this is LD

Maybe they could move Aladdin there
    Last edited by KAN; 08-11-2008 at 05:09 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Nooooooooo!!!

You currently can see part of the Fantasyland Theatre behind the castle as you are walking down Main Street.

This is bad ebough. Can you imagine the view of the castle down Main Street with a huge, ugly, Hyperion-like theatre looming behind it in the background?
    Who said anything about it looking like Hyperion Theater? They just said it would be enclosed, as is the Hyperion, and the Theater in the Wild at AK, etc. No style was announced. Just that it might be enclosed.

At least, that's what I gathered.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Who said anything about it looking like Hyperion Theater? They just said it would be enclosed, as is the Hyperion, and the Theater in the Wild at AK, etc. No style was announced. Just that it might be enclosed.

At least, that's what I gathered.
    There's lots of types of theatres. Why compare it to the Hyperion? If it is enclosed and is a low lying structure then fine. But if it is a large theatre the size of the Hyperion then the sight looking down Main street will certianly be marred by a structure that could be seen behind the castle, no matter how beautifully designed it is.

• Minion

I still think the should rebuild that theatre to look like The Globe Threatre.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

What's visible? I have never noticed - is it one of the main tension poles peeking over the top?

If you are standing on the Main Street train station platform it's going to peek over because you have the altitude, but I don't think the angles are right to see it from street level of Main Street.

And consider if they use a normal building with a normal roof it will be a good 15 to 25 feet lower than those tensioned fabric kingposts, a nice even roofline will hide behind the castle better.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Senior Minion

I agree with Bruce and would add that I believe that the reason for the comparison to the Hyperion is just that it will be re-outfitted to become the same type of high quality venue for musicals. The comparison has to do with the sound, lighting, and other technology that the new theater will have, not that it will be the same size.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Oh please tell me it isn't so...that the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire will continue on through Disneyland's 55th celebration!! They need to either get rid of it by then or move it elsewhere.

And when that happens, bring in a brand new (original) stage show for the anniversary of Disneyland in 2010. I don't care if the theatre is open or enclosed at that time, just have a stage show worth seeing and use that theatre the way it's supposed to be used.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    What's visible? I have never noticed - is it one of the main tension poles peeking over the top?

If you are standing on the Main Street train station platform it's going to peek over because you have the altitude, but I don't think the angles are right to see it from street level of Main Street.

And consider if they use a normal building with a normal roof it will be a good 15 to 25 feet lower than those tensioned fabric kingposts, a nice even roofline will hide behind the castle better.

--<< Bruce >>--
    You definitely can see it walking down Main Street. Admittedly though you have to be specifically looking for it. But it can easily seen behind the left side of the castle. The white/light blue color of the tent does tend to blend into the sky enough for it to be camoflaged, and the angular structure tends to blend with the castle. But you can easily see it if you are consciously looking for it.

But you are totally right -- an even, flat roofline 15 to 25 feet lower then the top of the tent should fix things.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Maybe a PRINCESS AND THE FROG show?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    That will be nice. But I was thinking maybe they should a Disney revue starring Mickey Mouse and friends articulated version.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

shouldn't that be in NOS
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    shouldn't that be in NOS
    Trouble is, there is no room in NOS.

• =)

And it wouldn't fit stylistically there, anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast