Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

The 838 "Missed the Meet " TR

Yes we made it. Yes we slept in. No we didn't make the Meet.

Some of you already know, my Mom has been in the process of moving from a small 2 bedroom house to a smaller 2 bedroom apartment. I've spent a lot of time over there helping her pack, sort, and move a variety of things that one collects over a lifetime. Saturday was her "big move" complete with UHaul truck and a large crowd of family and friends. So, needless to say that Sunday I was exhausted. I slept in, and we didn't make it to the park as early as we planned. In fact we didn't make it through the gate until somewhere around 1pm... so here is our Missed the Meet report.

The bright side of not getting to the park until almost 1pm is that you don't have to worry about getting breakfast. The downside is that you do have to worry about Lunch. 1pm is not a good time to try and get a bite to eat either. Our first thought was Golden Horseshoe... packed... so we headed up Big Thunder Trail to Village Haus. While walking I noticed BTM was only 15 minutes. My 4 year old has never been on BTM. She loves Gadget, and she enjoyed Matterhorn, so why not? It took a little coaxing to get her to stand up, but within minutes we were in line and ready to go. I did take the camera, I didn't take batteries... and as Murphy would have it I needed the batteries to make the camera work

The little one wasn't nervous, but again it took some coaxing to get her to stand up so they could check her height at Group. I haven't been on BTM in a while, lots of new faces. Thankfully there were a few old friends I had a chance to say hello to. When I mentioned it was the little one's first time they decided to make an announcement in the station... beaming smile from a 4 year old! The ride went well, a few screams, a couple giggles... a bit scared but she ended up liking it. I am really starting to like my new rollercoaster buddy!

Tinkmomma didn't fare so well. She took the others to Village Haus, and it could be said we arrived just in time to help. There were no tables inside, and only a handful outside. At some point we had a chance to sit down and grab a bite. Even here we didn't take any pictures... After the meal we decided to head back down the trail and ran into

Which was complete luck because shortly after we got there they were closing the line. I was a bit embarrassed because we were so rushed for time... we barely got the kid's autograph books ready in time... but the kids had a blast and got to see Woody (not big Jessie fans). All in all not a bad way to start the afternoon.

Next stop was Pirates, a must on our list.

The kids took off with Tinkmomma, leaving me with their little sister and the baby to park the stroller. Here's me trying to juggle a wiggling baby and a demanding 2 year old

With a little effort, and a lot of coaxing I was able to finally rejoin Tinkmomma and the older kids. As always a great time. Next stop Haunted Mansion. I think this is the baby's first shot with the hearse.

The amazingly nice thing about Mansion is that it was hot outside, and a walk on... love the freezing cold chills in there
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

Re: The 838 "Missed the Meet " TR

Tinkmomma was thinking about Pooh, but we decided to double back and head over to Fantasyland. On the way we had to make a pit stop. Instead of just waiting, I decided to take the kids to the Court of Angels.

The loved the fountain, and discovered that wet hands can "paint" a statue

So after a relaxing quick stop it was through the castle gates and into Fantasyland... after this picture

We really didn't have a plan. We arrived right after Merlin was done with his ceremony. A few of the kids (not ours) had ventured over with autograph books to take some pictures. We thought we'd follow their lead, so off we went. Merlin was amazing, but I thought we would end up without a picture because he was directing a party to walk with him. Within a few moments I realized what he wanted. He didn't want to be in the sun... so he had picked a spot in the shade (and out of the way so he could slip away when the crowd died). He was so amazing with the kids

My rollercoaster buddy is really shy. She wouldn't stand next to him for the longest time. She kept giggling and waving her hands. Merlin called it "her silly spell" and said "it must be working because you can't stop laughing. You need to point your hands you keep hitting yourself with that spell!"

Soon Merlin talked her into the picture. Sadly I snapped this a moment too late

Fantasyland was a lot more crowded then we expected, so we kept walking. I think we were headed to ToonTown, but the girls saw the Princess Fair so we had another detour. Shockingly the line for the Princess Fair was nothing, so we stood in it.

Pocahontas was a lot of fun. All 3 were really excited. You'll notice my rollercoaster buddy is missing.

The real shock was when the kids turned around and saw Princess Minnie

The word "chaos" is a good way to describe it. I don't think Minnie had a chance to stand up.

Just when we thought it couldn't get better... Sleeping Beauty

TinkMomma had the wrong setting on this one. I tried to clean it up as best I could

But wait there's more... looked who walked over to be in the picture with Sleeping Beauty

That said, my son is a huge flirt. Look at the smile on his face. Belle is his favorite.

To be continued... way too tired to finish it tonight sorry!

Your kids are so cute! And yay for short lines to see the Princess'

Can't wait until you post more, I'll be waiting!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Aww so you guys WERE there on Sunday.
    Trust me, Shawn and I were looking all over the place you guys.

• World Traveler

Cute pics! Thanks for sharing.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    But wait there's more... looked who walked over to be in the picture with Sleeping Beauty

How awesome!! Two princesses at once!!!

Sorry to miss ya, Skip! I can't wait for more.

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

Great trip report Techskip! That is so wierd that on a Sunday you had a walkon for HM. My hubby and I went last Thursday for my birthday and the line was at least 10 minutes! It sounds like Sundays are less crowded than some weekdays.

Congrats to your daughter for going on Thunder Mt. for the first time!!

I can't wait to see you and your family on the 17th!!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Tinkmomma didn't fare so well. She took the others to Village Haus, and it could be said we arrived just in time to help. There were no tables inside, and only a handful outside. At some point we had a chance to sit down and grab a bite.
    Did you guys try the cover tables across from the Village Haus (adjacent to Casey Jr.)? When I'm dining there with my mommies group and we have trouble finding tables for our group, we usually check there.

Great TR and LB2 will be envious that you guys got to see Woody & Jessie!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

great luck with the short princess faire line! love all the pics! is there more???
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Cake Anyone?

Nice to see that your kids like Woody too! He is my favorite Toy Story character. Love the pictures so keep them coming.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Ok, you have the most adorable children! They are so lucky to be able to visit the parks as often as they do. That makes you and TinkMomma Awesome Parents!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great report so far, can't wait to see more.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Belle is my favorite too!

Good choice by little Mr. Techskip!

• "I Break Things"

Ahh Lunch time... back to the report

Kids meet Sleeping Beauty, then Belle joins in and explains that Sleeping Beauty needs to get going or she will miss the carriage to the Princess Ball (something to do with the show about to start). About the same time I realized the show would be starting in only a couple minutes. We hadn't planned on it, but we thought that why not.

Tinkmomma snapped a lot of pictures of the actual show... I'll skip to the end with the ribbon poles. There wasn't a good shot of it, but one of the girls managed to be right next to Cinderella for this part.

And the streamers

So, good show... off to ToonTown (the whole reason we went this way)

• "I Break Things"

The initial plan was to go to Mickey's house

Shortly after getting in the barn, our daughter had a bit of an accident. She is 2, we are working on potty training... no mess thankfully but we made a beeline for the bathroom. While Tinkmomma was in there with her I took the other kids to Minnie's place, as well as Goofy's place and Donald's Boat as well... Tinkmomma met us at Donald's after taking her own tour of Minnie's house with the little one.

We then went back to the Mickey's house. We figured that after everything else we would head back and see Mickey. Unfortuately the line at this time was HUGE, so I took this last shot and we called it a day.

The End

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast