Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Disney's policy on bringing in food...

Okay, so I've always taken Disneyland's announcement about food and beverages on the tram to heart..."If you have brought your own food or beverages, you may enjoy them outside of the park at the picnic area..." (or something to that extent).

On my last trip, I went with my best girlfriend, and we went to Subway on the way to the park and were planning on eating the sandwiches for lunch. I thought she and I were in agreement that we would go back to the car to eat our sandwiches, but she apparently was not on the same page with me...I left my sub in the car, and she managed to bring hers in. When we figured out during lunchtime what had happened, she was amused with me and we went back to the car to eat.

As we left Disneyland, my friend asked a CM at the turnstile what the policy was. He said that pre-made, not hot food was allowed inside (like a sandwich). As we walked away, my friend told me she had come in with Burger King without any problems. After that, we were still confused what the actual rules were.

So what is the actual policy? Does anyone know?

• Banned User

Re: Disney's policy on bringing in food...

It really depends on the ticket taker and the security people you get. They can either give you trouble or shrug it off.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I got busted for a donut once. Didn't stop me from bringing them in, though. A donut and a cup of coffee under a tree in Critter Country: Bliss!

• =)

The actual policy is no outside food whatsoever, I believe. I bring three homemade sandwiches, crackers, cookies, stuff like that every time I go, and it's never a problem. Nor should it be.

• Hello

Cool Re: Disney's policy on bringing in food...

The way I understand it is that you can bring premade snacks, you cant bring a small grill or something to make food.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    The way I understand it is that you can bring premade snacks, you cant bring a small grill or something to make food.
    The long time original policy has been NO outside Food or Drink.

But a lot of changed in the last 10 years or so.

First off, lawsuits and health/religious issues and restricted diets plus the importance of drinking fluids basically opened up the door to many exceptions. Plus the fact that Downtown Disney opened and offers food and drink on property.

So the new main policies, no glass containers (with some minor exceptions for baby food and medical drinks), no alcohol, no coolers, no hot food and no "picnic style" meals (basically large portions). But each CM has a different definition of those rules.

So bringing in some snacks, usually not a problem. But specifically the Subway Sandwich, some CM's might stop you, especially if it is packaged as a Footlong (so get it wrapped in two seperate bags
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

A friend of mine is a raw vegan and therefore must carry her food with her at all times. The only issue that security had were the glass containers holding her olive oil and vinegar (she doesn't use plastic). She was miffed, but everything got taken care of (we had to use the plastic water bottles after all).

No one said anything about the food, just the containers. My thoughts would be to bring your snacks just don't bring and entire hot meal! You might make other guests jealous... or sick, depending on what it is you're eating.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

I've never had any problems bringing in Albertson's subs.

• "I Break Things"

I watched someone bring in a KFC bucket once... no it wasn't me, and no they didn't hide it either. I usually take snacks for the kids since we have really picky eaters... and I'll take drinks (water mainly) for Tinkmomma and I since I know the horrors of the fountains and refuse to pay high prices for drinks!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Animation Domination

It seems that CMs go easy on vistors with children.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    It seems that CMs go easy on vistors with children.
    Mental note... give 5 year old Mrs. Knott's chicken bucket next visit!... thanks
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Animation Domination

techskip Wrote:

Mental note... give 5 year old Mrs. Knott's chicken bucket next visit!... thanks
    A couple of months ago I couldn't bring in subs or tuna sandwitches and they were in bags not in a ice cooler. Then a month later my sister (with two little kids) comes to visit and she brings snacks, sandwitches, drinks and fruit in ice coolers bags and tell her nothing. Depends on the CMs you get.
    Last edited by MickeyMousePal; 08-06-2008 at 04:49 PM.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

On Sunday I was able to bring in Wetzel's Pretzels and Haegan Daaz into DCA. Since I bought it at Downtown Disney, maybe that was the reason I was able to bring it in?

• Bring Your Own Redemption

I was carrying an open can of Coke through the security checkpoint the other day, and the CM said "excuse me" when I got to the table. He took the can out of my hand, looked at it, and gave it back to without saying anything.

I wouldn't mind him checking the can or I throwing it away if he told me to, but he grabbed it right out of my left hand without even asking. What's up with that?
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 與W View Post
    I was carrying an open can of Coke through the security checkpoint the other day, and the CM said "excuse me" when I got to the table. He took the can out of my hand, looked at it, and gave it back to without saying anything.

I wouldn't mind him checking the can or I throwing it away if he told me to, but he grabbed it right out of my left hand without even asking. What's up with that?
    That's just rude... don't care if security has a right to check or not. You could ask or state what you're doing; it's common courtesy. At least he gave it back!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast