Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• "I Break Things"

Re: Bring Back Mr. Lincoln!

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    We were talking about this just last nite and decided we'd like to see Honest Abe return so we can see if he really does leak transmission fluid.
    that would be cherry flavored molasses... just to keep it in theme!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

techskip: :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mspoppygrl View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about when or IF Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln will be returning to DL? I may be the biggest nerd ever, but it's really my favorite attraction at the park.
    It was supposed to be back quite a while ago when the 50th ended... but we can all see how that turned out.

• Boat shoes all day long

Lightbulb Re: Bring Back Mr. Lincoln!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    This can be said about many of our presidents, including Adams (who spent a lot of time away from Abigail, who was his closest companion), Jefferson (who ran his father's business since he was 14), Teddy Roosevelt (who lost his mother and wife in the same house within hours of each other, also battled horrible eyesight and extreme asthma since childhood, and delivered a rousing speech within minutes of being shot in the chest by a would be assasin), Franklin Roosevelt (grew up as a single child and contracted polio as an adult which almost ended his political ambitions) I do not doubt that Abe was a great president who endured personal hardship, and served at a time when our country was in crisis. I am questioning the title of "greatest" when the reality is each president is unique. While I consider some great, and I stress the word "some" because there have been a lot of mediocre and bad ones, I do not place one individual president above all others. This, of course, is my opinion on that subject.
    Techskip, you are a smart man, or use Wikipedia, one or the other. Either way, you are right about differences between presidents and their accomplishments, great, good, mediocre, and poor. It is just my opinion that Abe was the greatest.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Techskip, you are a smart man, or use Wikipedia, one or the other. Either way, you are right about differences between presidents and their accomplishments, great, good, mediocre, and poor. It is just my opinion that Abe was the greatest.
    neither, just a lifelong student of history who has an interest in various American Presidents. I understand your feelings towards Abe, I harbor similar ones about TR.

Completely off topic... not sure if anyone knows the history of the American Chestnut tree, or the blight that destroyed most of them... but they found a secret wild grove of them recently not far from where Franklin Roosevelt lived. Amazingly these ones are resistant to the blight, and may provide a way of reintroducing the species.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jeff View Post
    I would love to see Mr. Lincoln back where he belongs.

The 50th film was good for the 50th...but that is long over. Bring back Abe!!!
    Totally agree, Jeff. The 50th is OVER for heaven's sake! It's moldy, it's getting so old! ha! Bring back Mr Lincoln!!!

• Just this guy......

I would love to see the original show.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

This kinda makes me think that DCA should have something regarding Theodore Roosevelt's conservation acts...somewhere in Condor Flats when that area gets expanded with more of the redwoods and such.

Maybe WDI are testing the AA out to do a new Abe show? But if they didn't look happy about what they were doing...bleh.

I don't remember the show at all, to be honest with you. Not sure if I even saw it. I tried watching a video of it once...got bored really fast (please don't kill me!). That doesn't mean I don't have respect for the attraction, though. I don't think Abe should get shelved somewhere in the vaults of WDI, or have his out parts removed and then have the AA skeleton used for a new AA for another attraction.

I guess it doesn't help that the American public is feeling so much turmoil with the government...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

This kinda makes me think that DCA should have something regarding Theodore Roosevelt's conservation acts...somewhere in Condor Flats when that area gets expanded with more of the redwoods and such.

Maybe WDI are testing the AA out to do a new Abe show? But if they didn't look happy about what they were doing...bleh.

I don't remember the show at all, to be honest with you. Not sure if I even saw it. I tried watching a video of it once...got bored really fast (please don't kill me!). That doesn't mean I don't have respect for the attraction, though. I don't think Abe should get shelved somewhere in the vaults of WDI, or have his out parts removed and then have the AA skeleton used for a new AA for another attraction.

I guess it doesn't help that the American public is feeling so much turmoil with the government and politics...

I hope that one day soon President Lincoln will return to MainStreet.
    We may need Rassulo to be forced out of office first.

I vote no confidence for Mr. Jay Rassulo. Time to take your big dollar severance and play some golf for a few years.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I am a big TR fan, but if there is to be an AA of anyone it should be John Muir... sorry...

• Collision speed....FULL!

So, If Lincoln doesn't fit in Main Street, would he fit better in Frontierland? Give him a box seat at the Golden Horseshoe?

• Disney Geek

I miss Abe. I really like the sound effects with the earphones on.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Years ago here I suggested that Disneyland salute it's great management team that took it boldy into the 21st Century..."Great Moments With Mr. Pressler"...but they couldn't find any, so that was unfortunately scrapped...

Seriously, I would love to see Mr. Lincoln again, and bring back the Walt Disney Story too...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Years ago here I suggested that Disneyland salute it's great management team that took it boldy into the 21st Century..."Great Moments With Mr. Pressler"...but they couldn't find any, so that was unfortunately scrapped...

Seriously, I would love to see Mr. Lincoln again, and bring back the Walt Disney Story too...
    Disney brought Mr. Potato Head to Toy Story Mania. Isn't that close enough?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12