Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Really?

Bring Back Mr. Lincoln!

Has anyone heard anything about when or IF Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln will be returning to DL? I may be the biggest nerd ever, but it's really my favorite attraction at the park.

• Banned User

Re: Bring Back Mr. Lincoln!

I personally despise Lincoln, so I don't mind if Steve Martin sticks around.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

I think awhile ago I heard that it might be coming back next year in some form. Not sure, though.

I, for one, wouldn't mind a new show to be placed into the opera house instead of Lincoln, though.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

I would love to see Mr. Lincoln back where he belongs.

The 50th film was good for the 50th...but that is long over. Bring back Abe!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Well, it certainly would make sense, seeing as how next year is his 200th birthday. How cool would that be? Plus, Disney gets to tie in it's return with something. It's a win-win!

• Boat shoes all day long

Abe was the greatest president of all time and having a father that was killed by Indians while he was laboring in the forest, surely understands hardship. I say this because I saw where they are keeping Abe and it is not pretty. I think there is talk about bringing him back in some form or another. Possibly in the Haunted Mansion, maybe Flick's Fun Fair. We can only speculate, or at least that's what I thought.

I was speaking with a CM friend posted in the Main Street area who had some interesting things to say about what he had seen and heard. This guy lives for rumors. He has said on many occasion that the only reason he puts up with the low pay is to get glimpses back stage of strange goings-on. He is almost always in ear-shot of imagineer ing planning sessions when they are at the park.

All I know, is that about 2 months ago, a group of 4 unmarked cast members were putting Abe into a black bag and zipping it up. It looked like a crime scene, my CM friend told me. And they had sad, scared, confused looks on their faces based on the photos he took on his camera phone. I asked him to forward them to me so I could put them on here for you all to see, but alas he feared for his job, possibly worse.

I will keep you all updated.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Really?

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    All I know, is that about 2 months ago, a group of 4 unmarked cast members were putting Abe into a black bag and zipping it up. It looked like a crime scene, my CM friend told me. And they had sad, scared, confused looks on their faces based on the photos he took on his camera phone. I asked him to forward them to me so I could put them on here for you all to see, but alas he feared for his job, possibly worse.
    I will keep you all updated.

What have they done to poor Abe?!

I know that most people either didn't like GMWML or just didn't care about it. That's what scares me. It makes me think that maybe they'll try to keep the 50th movie, and just hope that most people will forget about Abe. I heard the last time they tried to take him away lots of people raised a ruckus...

Just to add, we have a current poll on AroundDisney.com about which old attraction should be brought back in Disneyland. If you'd like, you can add Mr. Lincoln as a comment and I'll add the attraction to the poll. _Sonya Smith

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/...-brought-back/

• Boat shoes all day long

Sad Re: Bring Back Mr. Lincoln!

Quote Originally Posted by mspoppygrl View Post
    What have they done to poor Abe?!

I know that most people either didn't like GMWML or just didn't care about it. That's what scares me. It makes me think that maybe they'll try to keep the 50th movie, and just hope that most people will forget about Abe. I heard the last time they tried to take him away lots of people raised a ruckus...
    Scares me too, scares me to death.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Circle of Ancients

The 50th show brings in numbers that Lincoln could only dream of. Nevermind the fact that showing a movie costs a great deal less than having to maintain a hightly sophisticated Audio-Animatronic.

• Really?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The 50th show brings in numbers that Lincoln could only dream of. Nevermind the fact that showing a movie costs a great deal less than having to maintain a hightly sophisticated Audio-Animatronic.

But Abe is sooooo worth it!

• Collision speed....FULL!

If they bring him back, they should "jazz him up" a little bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=mm4V4ScnNiM

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Abe was the greatest president of all time and having a father that was killed by Indians while he was laboring in the forest, surely understands hardship.
    This can be said about many of our presidents, including Adams (who spent a lot of time away from Abigail, who was his closest companion), Jefferson (who ran his father's business since he was 14), Teddy Roosevelt (who lost his mother and wife in the same house within hours of each other, also battled horrible eyesight and extreme asthma since childhood, and delivered a rousing speech within minutes of being shot in the chest by a would be assasin), Franklin Roosevelt (grew up as a single child and contracted polio as an adult which almost ended his political ambitions) I do not doubt that Abe was a great president who endured personal hardship, and served at a time when our country was in crisis. I am questioning the title of "greatest" when the reality is each president is unique. While I consider some great, and I stress the word "some" because there have been a lot of mediocre and bad ones, I do not place one individual president above all others. This, of course, is my opinion on that subject.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    If they bring him back, they should "jazz him up" a little bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm4V4ScnNiM

This is HILARIOUS!!!!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

We were talking about this just last nite and decided we'd like to see Honest Abe return so we can see if he really does leak transmission fluid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast