Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Create a restaurant for the park

Coming off the themed food idea thread...if you were to have them build a restaurant for the park, where would it go? What would it serve? What would it be themed to? Have fun with it!

To start us off...I mentioned briefly, having a restaurant annexed to Haunted Mansion as Bayou is to Pirates. Interior would be formal, carpeted, chandeliers with candles and a slightly eerie feeling...design scheme carried over some from the Mansion, with the normal versions of some of the changing portraits...the umbrella girl, the Medusa woman, the skeletal man and the like. There would be busts made from the same molds as the watching ones, but minus the effect. The same lilly wall paper as inside the Mansion foyer, and wood work similar to the changing portrait hallway. It would be slightly formal table service, with the servers and waitstaff wearing similar costumes to the Mansion butlers and maids outfits.

Dishes would include slightly French and Southern classics, both of which reflect the New Orleans heritage the Mansion inhabits. Coq au vin, perhaps, alongside hush puppies made with sausage and herbs, fresh louisiana gulf fish, a seafood and a meat gumbo, things of that nature, along with for dessert, more typical french style offerings, like fruit tartletts or a cheese cart, along with creme brulee and freshly made ice cream. It could be a very nice restaurant with unique atmosphere, I believe.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Fancy that...

Re: Create a restaurant for the park

I think we need a resteraunt in the Hollywood area of DCA, all themed similar to the brown derby but make it right at the corner with the TOT and give it a tip top club atmosphere, it should be...swanky and have windows with a great view of the tower. I'm thinking it would also be neat to have a band play there.

I know this isn't possible, but it'd be pretty cool if you could eat a high class meal inside the Castle and overlook the park.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I did this in another thread, don't know where, but here goes:

Tomorrowland needs a table service restaurant.

The idea? A retro looking UFO has landed on top of the innoventions building and it has been converted into a restaurant.

Rotating platform allows those dining great views of Tomorrowland from the air. An upper deck will allow exclusive access for diners to watch the fireworks from there.

I'm thinking that this could be the Blue Bayou for the East Side.

Style of food: asian fusion. if it's foreign, it's ALIEN! yay.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I did this in another thread, don't know where, but here goes:

Tomorrowland needs a table service restaurant.

The idea? A retro looking UFO has landed on top of the innoventions building and it has been converted into a restaurant.

Rotating platform allows those dining great views of Tomorrowland from the air. An upper deck will allow exclusive access for diners to watch the fireworks from there.

I'm thinking that this could be the Blue Bayou for the East Side.

Style of food: asian fusion. if it's foreign, it's ALIEN! yay.
    That would be good indeed yes, and a visual icon..now if only Tommorowland had things to look at more while eating your food in the very nice UFO restaurant...

^ I would hate to deal with the PC frenzy that would cause...

People would claim Disney is comparing Asians to Aliens like WW2 propoganda.

Not saying they should, but people will sue for anything these days.

I agree they need some kind of table service.. Has Tomorrowland ever had a table service restaurant? Maybe it's part of the future Tomorrowland remodel.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post

I agree they need some kind of table service.. Has Tomorrowland ever had a table service restaurant?

Haha yah i was just joking about the alien / foreign comment. I just felt that that's a style of food that really wasn't covered within Disneyland park and in the future, EVERYTHING would inspire something else... so asian fusion would be the best fit (in my opinion). If you've been to Roy's then you'll know what I mean.

And no, Tomorrowland has never had table service. There was the Lunching Pad quick service and Space Place served burgers on the busier days.

And I agree with you, Darkfairy. If the rocket jets were brought back, that would be great indeed.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I agree they need some kind of table service.. Has Tomorrowland ever had a table service restaurant? Maybe it's part of the future Tomorrowland remodel.
    Well then I guess Coheteboy is just going to have to sue himself, then!

Yah. A rotating restaurant with views of Tomorrowland is a great idea. However, I would hope that guests wouldn't be able to look out over Harbor Blvd...

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Well then I guess Coheteboy is just going to have to sue himself, then!

Yah. A rotating restaurant with views of Tomorrowland is a great idea. However, I would hope that guests wouldn't be able to look out over Harbor Blvd...

I had thought about that too.. because obviously at that height, you could see the other side. I was thinking they could have the backside walled off so that people could just eat their meal like normal people during that time of rotation.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

I had thought about that too.. because obviously at that height, you could see the other side. I was thinking they could have the backside walled off so that people could just eat their meal like normal people during that time of rotation.
    Indeed, that would likely be best...or better, build a actual indoor scene of some sort, a planet-scape or space scene....and seeing the Matterhorn and sub lagoon lit up wouldn't be bad, at night. I agree with the Asian fusion cuisine as well, that would be the best menu choice likely.

• Fancy that...

I'd like to see something like that replace the Tomorrowland Terrace, and Pizza Port could handle your "faster" food needs. Can it look trendy and all white on the inside? I think that'd be cool, there's a theme building that disney did for LAX were it looked like a space ship and on the inside it was all space age-ish...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    could you see Harbor Blvd from the rocket jets? or did COP block it? I'm actually just curious.

What about Tony Baxter's, Plectu's Intergalactic Revue, which I believed was proposed for the innoventions building for the whole Tomorrowland 2055..

Does anyone have any details on it? I know it was supposed to be a "dinner show"

• Fancy that...

What about Tony Baxter's, Plectu's Intergalactic Revue, which I believed was proposed for the innoventions building for the whole Tomorrowland 2055..

Does anyone have any details on it? I know it was supposed to be a "dinner show"

I thought it was more like a more fitting version of America Sings (being an AA show)..not a "dinner show"...I don't really know though.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    could you see Harbor Blvd from the rocket jets? or did COP block it? I'm actually just curious.
    You are making this old man think!

I think I rode the rocket jets just once or twice when they were up there. I have always been afraid of heights and with the added elevation you were very high off the ground. That being stated -- put them back up there!

What I do seem to remember is that you were able to see a bit beyond Harbor, but not too much. The trees along the berm, and the carousel theatre were enough to block most of the view, and you were going too fast in a circle to not see too much.

I read it was a dinner show somewhere... then again who knows how reliable that was..

A nice AA show with dinner service would be pretty cool IMO.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
  2. 10-09-2008, 11:28 AM
  3. 10-09-2008, 11:21 AM
  4. 10-09-2008, 05:01 AM
  5. 10-09-2008, 04:37 AM
  6. 10-08-2008, 08:25 PM
  7. 10-08-2008, 07:00 PM
  8. 10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
  9. 10-08-2008, 04:38 PM
  10. 10-08-2008, 03:43 PM