Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Disney's new promotional "Theme Days"

In light of the recent trend here on Micechat... I think the newest promotional at the park should be "The Year of a Million Themes"

Just think of the potential. We could have a theme that is theme discussion day. Then we could talk about the theme, and the sub theme, and the alternate theme and the hidden theme within the theme that isn't really a theme but it's about themes so I guess it should be in the theme discussion.

They could have a Disneyland Bathroom Theme day where everyone shows up with a roll of toilet paper. And the Walk in Walt's Footsteps to the Bathrooms of Disneyland tour. Instead of a riding crop the tour guide could hold up a toilet brush. We would ensure that the Bathroom Theme is complete by having all napkins replaced by toilet paper.

They could have a Disneyland ODV Appreciation Theme where they close all restaurants and everyone lines up to get food from the carts. This theme would be completed by Characters pushing carts around and selling you various ODV delights.

My favorite would be Churro Theme Day, where all ODV carts only sell Churros. The 50th Show would be converted into the "History of the Disneyland Churro" show. To maintain the theme the Tiki Room CM would wake up Jose by tapping on his perch with a stale churro. Splash Mountain would be renamed as Churro Drop, just for this day, and the Hitchiking Ghosts would be holding old moldy churros.

They could have a Magic Mountain Day, where they install temporary metal detectors in front of the Main Gate. Due to the severe importance placed on theme I have also decided that Buzz Lightyear's photo op should be moved to Adventureland, since being in space is an Adventure... actually he should roam between Adventureland and Frontierland. Per Startrek "Space... the final FRONTIER"... so we must maintian the theme. Merlin saw the future, so he does not belong in Fantasyland. He belongs in Tomorrowland, holding a large sign explaining how the world may end if we are not careful. Dumbo needs to be completely removed and tossed into Critter Country along with Mr Toad and most of the cast of Alice. They fit in Fantasyland, but unfortunately because they are talking animals... Critter has a stronger theme... so they need to go over there now.

Theme is the most important element of a theme park, and it must not only be maintained but celebrated. Please the suits at Disney, in celebrating the Year of a Million Themes... The best part is they can keep the sign and just use duct tape to cover up "Dreams" and change it to "Themes".
    Last edited by techskip; 08-08-2008 at 07:17 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Here Comes Trouble

Re: Disney's new promotional

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    In light of the recent trend here on Micechat... I think the newest promotional at the park should be "The Year of a Million Themes"

Just think of the potential. We could have a theme that is theme discussion day. Then we could talk about the theme, and the sub theme, and the alternate theme and the hidden theme within the theme that isn't really a theme but it's about themes so I guess it should be in the theme discussion.

They could have a Disneyland Bathroom Theme day where everyone shows up with a roll of toilet paper. And the Walk in Walt's Footsteps to the Bathrooms of Disneyland tour. Instead of a riding crop the tour guide could hold up a toilet brush. We would ensure that the Bathroom Theme is complete by having all napkins replaced by toilet paper.

They could have a Disneyland ODV Appreciation Theme where they close all restaurants and everyone lines up to get food from the carts. This theme would be completed by Characters pushing carts around and selling you various ODV delights.

My favorite would be Churro Theme Day, where all ODV carts only sell Churros. The 50th Show would be converted into the "History of the Disneyland Churro" show. To maintain the theme the Tiki Room CM would wake up Jose by tapping on his perch with a stale churro. Splash Mountain would be renamed as Churro Drop, just for this day, and the Hitchiking Ghosts would be holding old moldy churros.

They could have a Magic Mountain Day, where they install temporary metal detectors in front of the Main Gate. Due to the severe importance placed on theme I have also decided that Buzz Lightyear's photo op should be moved to Adventureland, since being in space is an Adventure... actually he should roam between Adventureland and Frontierland. Per Startrek "Space... the final FRONTIER"... so we must maintian the theme. Merlin saw the future, so he does not belong in Fantasyland. He belongs in Tomorrowland, holding a large sign explaining how the world may end if we are not careful. Dumbo needs to be completely removed and tossed into Critter Country along with Mr Toad and most of the cast of Alice. They fit in Fantasyland, but unfortunately because they are talking animals... Critter has a stronger theme... so they need to go over there now.

Theme is the most important element of a theme park, and it must not only be maintained but celebrated. Please the suits at Disney, in celebrating the Year of a Million Themes... The best part is they can keep the sign and just use duct tape to cover up "Dreams" and change it to "Themes".
    You're bad Techskip...my kind of trouble maker
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

This is classic Skip, brilliant indeed.....I can't wait for Churro Day. Maybe they could replace all the swords in Pirate with churros, and randomly tack on the word CHURRO to existing dialogue every five feet. Then, at the end, a giant churro just to reward you for hearing about churros the whole ride. Don't forget your churro action figures and t-shirts!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by kristibaer View Post
    You're bad Techskip...my kind of trouble maker
    Please refrain from attempting to derail the thread with personal attacks... the theme of the thread is maintaining theme in a theme park. This would be accomplished by themeing the promotional to the theme "Year of a Million Themes" and then running different themes throughout the course of several years. The theme would need to be strictly maintained and adhered to in order to ensure the integrity of the theme park. To address the slanderous personal attack .. I... am an innocent angel!
    Last edited by techskip; 08-08-2008 at 11:50 AM.

• Here Comes Trouble

Please refrain from attempting to derail the thread with personal attacks... the theme of the thread is maintianing theme in a theme park... I... am an innocent angel!
    You got it babe...Forgive me, I'm still a bit of a board newbie
    Last edited by kristibaer; 08-08-2008 at 11:56 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

They could also have Abraham Lincoln appreciation theme week! He is the sixteenth president and a beloved figure in history, he can have a whole week. Through the magic of audio animatronics, see Abe Lincoln in the wilds of the Jungle Cruise, visiting the gorilla camp! See Abe Lincoln go back in time, as the captain of the Wicked Wench! Like Fantasyland? You'll love it when Honest Abe pops out of the Dwarfs' cottage, holographic copy of the Emancipation Proclomation in hand!

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    They could also have Abraham Lincoln appreciation theme week! He is the sixteenth president and a beloved figure in history, he can have a whole week. Through the magic of audio animatronics, see Abe Lincoln in the wilds of the Jungle Cruise, visiting the gorilla camp! See Abe Lincoln go back in time, as the captain of the Wicked Wench! Like Fantasyland? You'll love it when Honest Abe pops out of the Dwarfs' cottage, holographic copy of the Emancipation Proclomation in hand!
    Didn't someone post yesterday that Abe was bound and bagged recently off the "storage area"?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I think Techskip has finally lost it.

• Here Comes Trouble

I've mentioned on a few threads I'm partial to jalepeno pretzels....maybe there could be a Pretzel Day too

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I think Techskip has finally lost it.
    That is if he had it to start....and you know I'm kidding here, Skip. Your posts are routinely great and always amusing.

• "I Break Things"

I just feel that theme has been under-appreciated, and the recent coverage proves that individual fans of Disney are enthralled by and dedicated to the details of theme. I haven't "lost it" I have simply opened my eyes to the reality of theme and the need to maintain it at all cost!

Enough about me... it's about the greater good of the theme! I can see a need for a pretzel day, and a pizza day. We need a theme day for each food item, to ensure only that item is sold and all characters are seen holding and consuming only that item. This will increase sales of that item, and increase sales of the respective character souvenirs... all while maintaining theme!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I just feel that theme has been under-appreciated, and the recent coverage proves that individual fans of Disney are enthralled by and dedicated to the details of theme. I haven't "lost it" I have simply opened my eyes to the reality of theme and the need to maintain it at all cost!

Enough about me... it's about the greater good of the theme! I can see a need for a pretzel day, and a pizza day. We need a theme day for each food item, to ensure only that item is sold and all characters are seen holding and consuming only that item. This will increase sales of that item, and increase sales of the respective character souvenirs... all while maintaining theme!
    You know me, and my abiding love for Lillian Disney's worst anniversary present ever, the petrified tree stump. Stump Day must occur as well. Add dancing tree stumps to the parade, instead of a key character on each ride, say the Auctioneer for Pirates, Gus in HM, Snow White in her attraction, Indy at the end of Temple, have a replica of the stump. They could sell stump t-shirts and plushes too, to celebrate everyone's favorite rock-hard fossilized piece of wood.

• Here Comes Trouble

We're planning to go for a bit tonight after work (trying to catch Fantasmic before it goes dark). I'll get some pics and do some recon to see what other themes we can shake out!

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

You've outdone yourself this time skip, bravo - I think.

churro swords.. i love this idea!!!!

and the theming idea is a good one as well.

and by the same train of thought, shouldn't the magic shop on main street be moved to fantasyland? just my thought..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast