Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland music on piano!

Loved it!

Well done, Datameister. I can't wait for more.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

That was great! I'm a piano player as well, but I'm not nearly good enough to play it by ear. I wish I could though!

• =)

Thanks, folks! I think Space Mountain will probably the next one I record. (The new track, that is. I may do the old track, too.)

I'm a piano player as well, but I'm not nearly good enough to play it by ear. I wish I could though!
    Hey, just a few years ago, I couldn't sound out much more than one note at a time on the right hand. It just takes intelligent practice, like anything else.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Thanks, folks! I think Space Mountain will probably the next one I record. (The new track, that is. I may do the old track, too.)
    oooh, my second favorite attraction soundtrack! That one should be amazing in piano! I've tried that before, but it sounded odd to me..I think you can pull it off though..I can't do multiple keys at one time..only with The Office theme song..witch I learned from youtube, not with my own modifications...

keep up the good work data! I'll be enjoying it

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You know, I was just thinking about that. I've never really played that one much, but maybe I'll throw it in there just for the fun of it.

The only wild card here is the ballroom waltz, which is really a fantastically tricky piece to get right, for me at least. I may have to hold off on posting the HM until I can nail it a little better.
    I play organ in addition to piano. this is going to be difficult to mimic exactly as organ also has a series of foot pedals that can play along with the hands. Technique is also a little bit different. Piano playing is a bit more choppy compared to the organ which must be played smoothly. Perhaps if you play the piano part smoothly it will mimic the organ more closely.

• =)

Thanks, pianoman! Perhaps it'll be ready tonight, if I'm lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I play organ in addition to piano. this is going to be difficult to mimic exactly as organ also has a series of foot pedals that can play along with the hands. Technique is also a little bit different. Piano playing is a bit more choppy compared to the organ which must be played smoothly. Perhaps if you play the piano part smoothly it will mimic the organ more closely.
    Ah, sweet! Nice to get some organistic input. The pedal issue is indeed one I've struggled with. Luckily, the ballroom waltz doesn't use too much pedal, at least not in ways that can't be mimicked with the left hand. It's just not as impressive-sounding. My biggest issue with it is the incredible variety of dissonances; they're really hard to figure out. I need to sit down at the piano with my iPod and just work my way through, measure by measure. The way I currently play it is certainly listenable, but it's not as good as it could be.

I'll definitely try the smooth thing, thanks!

• =)

Time for some Space Mountain! Thank you, Michael Giacchino!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=AM1NzirGpcY

• Fancy that...

He does it again! Truly awesome Data

• =)

Aww, thank you.

• Fancy that...

Aww, thank you.
    no problemo..

nighty night folks

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Amazing!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Thanks, pianoman! Perhaps it'll be ready tonight, if I'm lucky.

Ah, sweet! Nice to get some organistic input. The pedal issue is indeed one I've struggled with. Luckily, the ballroom waltz doesn't use too much pedal, at least not in ways that can't be mimicked with the left hand. It's just not as impressive-sounding. My biggest issue with it is the incredible variety of dissonances; they're really hard to figure out. I need to sit down at the piano with my iPod and just work my way through, measure by measure. The way I currently play it is certainly listenable, but it's not as good as it could be.

I'll definitely try the smooth thing, thanks!
    To get an accurate sound, you could play it on the piano, but without the added sound that fractional pipe settings on the organ create it will never match up completely, because these pipes themselves provide additional dissonance to the actual notes being played.

Also a pipe organ has different types of pipes for different types of sounds. So the same note played on the piano is going to sound a lot different if played using a particular stop on the organ, which is going to sound a lot different if using yet another stop. A lot of what goes into the HM ballroom music is not just the notes, but the setting used on the organ to play them.

Data, is there anything you dont do? Great job!

• =)

Very good points, DIP. The extra overtones are something I've pondered; I'm sure they go into the profound dissonances in the piece, though they're definitely not responsible for all of it. Man, I love the stop used for the ballroom organ waltz. (For the recording, that is.) Just because I'm curious, would you happen to know what setting was being used?

Data, is there anything you dont do? Great job!
    Haha, thank you. There is indeed plenty I can't do. I just don't do those things very often.

• =)

Warning...the following post is

But I figured that everyone on this board is indirectly involved with the Olympics, and it's my own thread after all, so I'll go for it. Here's my rendition of Leo Arnaud's "Bugler's Dream" and John Williams' Olympic theme, the two pieces most frequently associated with the Olympics. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=oTDrUj7IT40

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)