Page 10 of 201 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560110 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Don't hang me, but I'd like to see POTC reverted back to before that projected squid face and Johnny Depp were added. I don't completely dislike the way it looks, but it takes away from the originality the ride once had. I just think it adds more appeal to the ride and movie to keep them seperate. Let's hope to see that on a project tracker, soon. Thoughts?

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    Don't hang me, but I'd like to see POTC reverted back to before that projected squid face and Johnny Depp were added. I don't completely dislike the way it looks, but it takes away from the originality the ride once had. I just think it adds more appeal to the ride and movie to keep them seperate. Let's hope to see that on a project tracker, soon. Thoughts?
    Not gonna happen.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Not gonna happen.

Never. Sad reality. POTC has less and less appeal to me every time they 'upgrade' it. I wish they would've just made it a 3-4 yr change while the movie has such a draw, with plans to keep it original in the long run. I don't see why the original isn't good enough, if it had such a large following to create the movies in the first place. But this discussion is in the wrong place.

I'm very interested in the changes to Tomorrowland. Eager to see what's coming. Bye bye HISTA. Bye bye Wastedinventions. Imagine if they brought back the people mover, but added an actual show to it in the innoventions building. Or somthing along those lines, where you travel in and above tomorrowland, but also bring a new element as well.....\\

And lets start making bets onwhen Wall-E's moving in....Bidding starts at $5

Actually i would not mind seeing the Wall-e attraction come true. The ideas i have heard sound awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Actually i would not mind seeing the Wall-e attraction come true. The ideas i have heard sound awesome.

I didn't say I would mind. But it is almost certain the revamp of tomorrowland will revolve around Wall-E. I think that that is what the new E-Ticket will be. Is it planned for the near future? Thats all I meant. What ideas have you heard, Baloo?
    Last edited by dizzneeland; 08-31-2008 at 08:20 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I didn't say I would mind. But it is almost certain the revamp of tomorrowland will revolve around Wall-E. I think that that is what the new E-Ticket will be. Is it planned for the 50th? Thats all I meant. What ideas have you heard, Baloo?
    Don't you mean the 55th?

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Don't you mean the 55th?
    The 55th would be cutting it a bit short. They better start building NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post

I meant 5 yrs from now. Sounds like a semi-realistic time frame. I'd imagine Wall-e has been discussed as a ride as soon as the movie was being planned. But, it's hard to tell since nothings been confirmed as far as dates are concerned.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'm so confused... When, then?

• Senior Minion

When what? When will the TL remodel be fully completed? I would guess arround 2013, but as others say it could not be wrapping up until 2015 or beyond. Who knows, its still early and I don't think anything is official yet. All we know about TL is that it more and more sounds like Star Tours will be upgraded by 2010, but even that's not 100% certain.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    When what?
    Oy, all I've managed to do is muddle this up even more!

What I meant was in response to the whole:

I think that that is what the new E-Ticket will be. Is it planned for the 50th?
    Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Don't you mean the 55th?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I meant 5 yrs from now. Sounds like a semi-realistic time frame. I'd imagine Wall-e has been discussed as a ride as soon as the movie was being planned. But, it's hard to tell since nothings been confirmed as far as dates are concerned.

I just don't see what they were talking about in regards to "The 50th." The 50th anniversary of what?

• Banned User

I love the wall of mist effect with Davy Jones, although that effect is much more impressive at WDW, for some reason. I like the new AAs of Jack and Barbosa. What I dislike is the fact that they took out such a great ending, in which those huffing and puffing pirates were eternally and futilely trying to drag their treasure uphill. That was the perfect closing note, in a ride that actually has a message against greed and avarice.

And no, I don't think they will go back to the old ride. Especially with Pirates 4 coming in a few years...

• It's all about Theme!

It's not the first priority to demo Caurosel theater.

Instead, on hold until after DCA will be the possible return of Walt Disney's Caurosel of Progress transferred from Florida.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post

Instead, on hold until after DCA will be the possible return of Walt Disney's Caurosel of Progress transferred from Florida.
    That would in my opinion be the best use of the Caurosel, it was one of my favorite things in WDW.
    Matthew

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post

Seriously? Ooh! I like this news!! (sorry Floridians, but it's high time it returned! )

(But I still really like my idea for a new show in Frontierland. Haven't heard about it? Check out the link in my signature.)
    Last edited by dland_lover; 08-31-2008 at 07:37 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM