Page 101 of 201 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104111126151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3011

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Looking good. I was hoping they would get rid of the waterworks on the marble, though.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

It looks pretty good!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• I'm not really here

I don't mind the marble so much at all. I actually think they're kinda cool, despite serving zero purpose whatsoever. But I'm REALLY loving the shade. That area was so barren and sterile looking. This will add some much needed shade, break up a large wasted area and a give people spot to sit down and rest.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Lowering Expectations

What fun is it for little kids to push the big granite ball like crazy anymore if their parents are supervising from the bench 4 feet away?
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Banned User

Thanks for the update on Cosmic Waves. It is nice for us to have a parking spot as it is a lot of walking in the parks. It might be nice to get pizza or a burger and set there for a while. I will check it out on my next trip. At least there are no more walls in Tomorrowland. In the phot them kids looked happy with the big marble ball. Its purpose is a science lesson showing how a heavy object can be moved with ease if floated on water, I am guessing as I been out of college os many years.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I talked to a lady working in the magic shop this evening. Tomorrow was supposed to be the last day and her position was cut. But they called her back on so it's still open until who knows when.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I talked to a lady working in the magic shop this evening. Tomorrow was supposed to be the last day and her position was cut. But they called her back on so it's still open until who knows when.
    MG said they aren't closing at all, so I guess it's more of a wait and see approach. The one thing I think everyone is hoping for is that the generic merchandise doesn't creep in and stay.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

While the new Cosmic Waves looks really, really, really nice, I'm upset that I can't get a clear picture of Space Mountain, now, because there will always be trees in the way. :/

Semi-minor gripe, I know. But, I am happy that they're making the place feel friendlier and more inviting. Something that all of the Tomorrowlands (in all Disney theme parks) could benefit from. Why is it they all were designed with large, barren areas?

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    While the new Cosmic Waves looks really, really, really nice, I'm upset that I can't get a clear picture of Space Mountain, now, because there will always be trees in the way. :/

Semi-minor gripe, I know. But, I am happy that they're making the place feel friendlier and more inviting. Something that all of the Tomorrowlands (in all Disney theme parks) could benefit from. Why is it they all were designed with large, barren areas?

I agree... wierd place to put a bunch of trees.

but I guess WDI is trying to make the future look as green as possible. The outlook of the future being barren is very dated... lets hope that they do something more green as a replacement for the rockwork at the entrance.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• We Go On.

I love the new area. Yes, it does look a little awkward. My main complaint is that it hides the Space Mountain entrance even more than it was, but I don't think it affected it greatly. Overall I think it's an improvement. Besides, people sure found Space Mountain with those walls up.

^^^^^
    Yes they did I went monday and tuesday and I was not able to go on Space Mountain, because the wait was so long! I was with my friend and we kept trying to get over there and it was really ackward with a huge wall just there! I couldn't wait for it to come down! It looks super cool!! BTW I went on to innoventions for the 1st time in years and I think it is not a waste of space! The Dream Home is so cool!! I could spend hours in there!!

• Mickey is not my Brother

Well tomorrowland needs more greenery, thats why it is my least favorite land it is so barren it needs more life, the future needs to be greener.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Its funny how Tommorowland is evolving from the steel shiny organic-less future of old movies, to a greener one that is now being aimed for with the worldwide eco-movement. Funny how social mindsets plays into the parks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Yep, the old Cosmic Waves area reopened today with new planters filled with trees and other edible plants. The photo above was originally posted by @MouseTimes on Twitter, and the Dateline Disneyland Twitter (@DatelineDisney) re-Tweeted it.

I updated the Cosmic Waves entry on the OP and sent it to the gray zone of completed Tomorrowland projects.

Cosmic Waves
    Details: Fountain/marble water sphere undergoing "reconstruction."

Project Status: Completed. Began April 20. Area reopened June 26
    Open Date: June 26, 2009

uggg , more edible plants . . . . . that's just disney's way of cutting the time needed for prunning the vegetation. They just let the guests "graze" and all of a sudden, they don't need to have the night botanical crew tend to tomorrowland - Planting on the Cheap.

(yes, I'm joking) I like the idea of adding the greenery in that TL hotspot.

As for no good view of Space Mt. Well, we will just have to wait until the new Rocket Jets and Skyway come back!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    They can't find magic supplies? I thought the whole park ran off magic?

At least they're trying to find a supplier, it's not like "oh well, let's just fill it in with the generic Disney stuff".

...At least at this point....
    To rephrase what Ian Malcolm said in Jurassic Park:

" Uh, you are planning on keeping, uh, "Magic" in your "Magic Kingdom", aren't you? "

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM