Page 104 of 201 FirstFirst ... 4547994101102103104105106107114129154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3011

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    But it wasn't WDI who built the dragon. It was some other company that built it which is why the dragon is now broken.

Yup... some company created by an imagineering fan who got his start making haunted houses for shopping malls. He boasted that we would see great things in Fantasmic the day before the dragon broke.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    What people never seem to understand that WDI doesnt test attractions like they used to...

Back in Walt's day he would actually build portions of rides at the studio and test them out before being put into the park. Now things are just thrown together in the hopes they will work properly...

It just seems that once a press release is done the masses just harp and harp on getting the stuff done quickly so they can enjoy it. Case in point: the subs - as soon as they said there maybe a delay everyone flipped and complained; Expedition Everest - people BPM'd during the construction, and what happened the Yeti broke.... It just never seems that guests will ever be satisfied, they want instant gratification for things that havent fully gotten off the drawing board.
    The Matterhorn was built in its entirety with the hopes that it would work properly. There is video in the Blue Sky Cellar of John Lasseter riding a test vehicle for the Junkyard Jamboree. There is a huge difference between mock up tests working and the real thing working under operating conditions.

• MiceChat Moderator

You guys should hear Bob Gurr's side of the story of how the Matterhorn was built. They were drawing the design of it as they laid the tracks and beams down, hoping that both would fit within the constraints of the structure.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    You guys should hear Bob Gurr's side of the story of how the Matterhorn was built. They were drawing the design of it as they laid the tracks and beams down, hoping that both would fit within the constraints of the structure.
    Hehe... I've heard that story. Talk about laying rails as the train comes down the track.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Yup... some company created by an imagineering fan who got his start making haunted houses for shopping malls. He boasted that we would see great things in Fantasmic the day before the dragon broke.
    So the Dragon was not built by Garner Holt? I thought that they were building most of the AA's now.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    So the Dragon was not built by Garner Holt? I thought that they were building most of the AA's now.

Yup, that's him. That's how he got his foot in the door is building his own haunted mansions.

I found their website and a note from Garner:

My name on the company continues to represent my personal commitment to quality, and that I personally stand behind our creations, large or small. We build the best... on time... and on budget. .Let us quote your next project...you'll be glad you did!
    sigh.

• is too darn hot.

Do you think he tried to make a crappy dragon? Mistakes happen.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

You also don't stay in business for 23 years if you aren't able to deliver. I don't know much in the way of any of the specifics (and I doubt we ever will) but there may be numerous possible reasons for the failure.

I am disappointed it will be delayed but hopefully they can get it operational soon.
    The Mur

• Banned User

We build the best... on time...
    I'm sure the dragon is pretty amazing.. they built it on time.. but apparently they didn't build it right.

• DCA FTW!

I'm really interested in how the new dragon looks. Are there no leaked photos (maybe a vid!) of the new dragon setup on stage?
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

It would be nice if the old "cove" pool area and fantasy waters area at the DL Hotel could be combined and rebuilt to look like this pool area:

http://wdwnewstoday.com/wp-content/u...t/DSCN1807.png

Its the pool area at the new Bay Lake Tower at WDW. It's contemporary looking, yet still fun. I really like the Mickey head spa.

Is there ANY info yet on upgrades to the facilities and amenities at the DL Hotel?
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 07-02-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

i agree that the cove pool area and especially fantasy waters could use a major make over. fantasy waters should become maybe a gallery or a small movie theater that shows a different Disney film every other night for hotel guests

• We Go On.

How is Astro Orbitor running? I have seen no pictures and heard no talk about it since shortly after it re-opened. But I did notice one thing about it that's working (or at least operating) again. Althrough last time I heard the planets don't revolve around each other, the structure does spin in the opposite direction- just before the ride begins.. Before that the planets were stopped completely. You can see the stopped planets during the launch in this video from New Years Eve, 2008:

(note: none of these videos are mine)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgI8wPskfE"]YouTube - Astro Orbitor[/ame]

You can see the ride launching at about 0:10.

This video of the re-opened Astro Orbitor, on the other hand, shows the structure rotating counter-clockwise at the beginning of the ride.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTI17kxUZos"]YouTube - Astro Orbitor, Disneyland, Open after refurbishment, June 12, 2009[/ame]

The structure seems to wind back for a few seconds and then proceed to spin the other way.

As you can see in this video from 1998, the structure (with the planets that revolved around each other) rotated counter-clockwise the entire time the rockets weren't flying.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwBpBMmx1fY"]YouTube - Astro Orbitor (Disneyland)[/ame]

But now we have a little winding-up Astro Orbitor. What does this mean? Is it because they couldn't fix the other planets so they decided to add this?

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I'm sure the dragon is pretty amazing.. they built it on time.. but apparently they didn't build it right.
    This is why Disney should never outsource.

• The line's too long...

What's happened to Alladin's Oasis? Is it just sitting empty with Alladin/Jasmine Meet 'n Greets out front?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM