Page 116 of 201 FirstFirst ... 166691106113114115116117118119126141166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3011

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

To change gears here a little, what's planned for the 55th at DL? Will there still be a parade? Worlds of Wonder sounded great but I have not heard much more about it.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Banned User

Believe it or not, after Summer 2010, I want Fantasmic to leave. Even though I know it won't happen, I am ready for something new. A nighttime parade seems much more fitting for the park and makes World of Color very unique. Not to mention Nighttime parades are much easier to replace every decade or so.

• Banned User

Part of me is thinking that Fantasmic has become apart of the park, like PotC or HM.... I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Part of me is thinking that Fantasmic has become apart of the park, like PotC or HM.... I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.
    My thoughts as well.

• Tech in Training

I really hope that it is now part of the park. To me it seems to show the magic of Disney just as well, if not better, than most of Disneyland. I just never want to see it leave.

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Should this be added to the Project Tracker?

From Mouseplanet:

In a related move, next week New Orleans Square’s Port Royal store will be switching places with Le Bat en Rouge. “Sales at Port Royal have been literally sinking and all that space could be better spent with Jack Skellington merch(andise),” a cast member said.
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• We Go On.

^That's kind of sad. I really like the Port Royal Store. It better suits POTC (and the rest of NOS, for that matter).

• Future Cast Member

It only switches for the holidays, then returns to the pirates port royal store It basically becomes a haunted mansion holiday store

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Believe it or not, after Summer 2010, I want Fantasmic to leave. Even though I know it won't happen, I am ready for something new. A nighttime parade seems much more fitting for the park and makes World of Color very unique. Not to mention Nighttime parades are much easier to replace every decade or so.
    I totally agree. Fantasmic has had it's run, now it's time to release Disneyland and let DCA take over the fountain show duties!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

HAHA....Fantasmic and World of Color cannot be compared....that is like comparing apples to oranges! Yes, they are both fruits (Shows that use fountain projections) But F! utilizes live performers and a bunch of other elements that make it unique. World of Color utilizes very unique water fixtures as well as fire effects and a bunch of other thing that will make it stand on it's own...

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro View Post
    HAHA....Fantasmic and World of Color cannot be compared....that is like comparing apples to oranges! Yes, they are both fruits (Shows that use fountain projections) But F! utilizes live performers and a bunch of other elements that make it unique. World of Color utilizes very unique water fixtures as well as fire effects and a bunch of other thing that will make it stand on it's own...
    Yeah, and Fantasmic really is like recapping scenes from classic Disney movies and putting them together as well, and WOC is going to use classic/future classic disney movies but is going to make us have totally new experiences(bigger, better, unbelievable water effects;new video & technology;etc.)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    I totally agree. Fantasmic has had it's run, now it's time to release Disneyland and let DCA take over the fountain show duties!
    My point exactly. By removing Fantasmic and adding a new nighttime parade, you are creating a truly diverse night time atmosphere for guest. Each show would have its own unique attributes and would be an even playing field. Fireworks and lets say a new version of Main Street Electrical Parade similar to Dreamlights, and then World of Color providing multiple shows nightly in DCA, it would be great.

Think about it:

Fireworks are a Disneyland classic. You can upgrade them every 5 years or so, and have seasonal showings as well. This is garunteed to be a hit with guest and because of the huge amount of people that can watch it from Main Street and the rest of the park it would be a hit.

Main Street Electrical Parade Fantasylights could also run once nightly due to the thousands of people that gather around the parade route and can be updated just about yearly do the low cost of running it compared to Fantasmic. (atleast I think it cost less) As well as because of the smaller cost to run, you could also put more funding to attraction refurbishments and parade upgrades to keep everything fresh and looking brand new. Not to mention a christmas overlay could be added.

Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color will take DCA's nights by storm with many performances each night. It would combine dazzling projection with incredible fountain cheorgraphy. Because of the smaller crowds that can fit into the viewing area, multiple shows would run on busier nights. Not to mention it would be great if most of the viewing area was sitting room and only the back tier required standing.

Notice how each show provides a totally unique expierence from the other. While Fantasmic is somewhat a combonation of Electrical Parade, Fireworks, and World of Color and simply is old. Even though all the effort was put into Fantasmic! recently, I rather see all of that shipped off to Orlando and allow the show to go dark. I wouldn't entirely kill the show but I would atleast give it a long break.

World of Color and Fantasylights would be updated just about yearly with either a new show element or new unit to keep AP's coming back and wanting more, as well as keeping all the other effects fresh. The fireworks would remain the same for their entire run. However Halloween and Christmas shows would run for both World of Color and Fireworks and would be slightly modified each year to make it seem very different over time.

Those are just my thoughts.

• Banned User

Why not a version of Fantillusion that would work with Disneyland's parade route.. basically Fantasmic on parade.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Why not a version of Fantillusion that would work with Disneyland's parade route.. basically Fantasmic on parade.
    I considered that too. That would be really cool.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro View Post
    But Fantasmic is what, water projection, water fountains, a few lighting up floats and fireworks. Water Projection and Water Fountains = Woc. Light up floats = Nighttime parade. Fireworks = Disneyland Fireworks in hub. It is just better to get rid of Fantasmic and add a dazzling nighttime parade to make everything as versatile as possible.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM