Page 120 of 201 FirstFirst ... 207095110117118119120121122123130145170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3011

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Will Joe the Plumber side with Fantasmic! or WoC?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Joe The Plumber is a man who took McCann's side during the Obama/McCann election last year. I vaguely remember him talking very strongly against Obama and his views. He got into some trouble after his few minutes of fame due to, I believe, tax evasion. Someone correct me if I'm wrong in this.

• Future Cast Member

Oh, yeah, I remember now! No wonder he sounded familiar! Thanks!

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Stockton, CA; AKA too far from Disneyland (5 hrs, 48 mins/375.1 mi)

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Joe The Plumber is a man who took McCann's side during the Obama/McCann election last year. I vaguely remember him talking very strongly against Obama and his views. He got into some trouble after his few minutes of fame due to, I believe, tax evasion. Someone correct me if I'm wrong in this.
    McCann?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by HatboxGhost209 View Post
    McCann?
    Yeah- McCann's Irish Oatmeal - Home

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Good stuff, that is.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

I never understood why Disney never fixed the Fantasmic problem by relocating the show the area of the ROA by Big Thunder Ranch. Build an ampitheatre back there, rebuild a pit on the fort side of the island. That way the main area of ROA is free for guests to walk around and enjoy NOS and such and the ampitheatre set up means a set number of guests will be allowed in a sepperate area to view the show and there's no reason to sit and watch from the walkways.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• sleepy lagoon

Interesting idea, Professortango... that does make more sense since that area of the park is so "under"used.
    We are always in the NOS / Frontierland area of the park during Fantasmic time (not even to watch the show!!) and it is a pain to navigate the crowds sometimes. It is easier, however, to get around there than in the hub/Main St area during fireworks. That is a madhouse!! And with a stroller? Forget it!!

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Interesting idea, Professortango... that does make more sense since that area of the park is so "under"used.
    We are always in the NOS / Frontierland area of the park during Fantasmic time (not even to watch the show!!) and it is a pain to navigate the crowds sometimes. It is easier, however, to get around there than in the hub/Main St area during fireworks. That is a madhouse!! And with a stroller? Forget it!!
    Yeah, even the parades on Main street are crowded, since the parade takes up most of the streets, then even the sidewalks are hard to walk through. It's even hard to navigate through stores during parades and fireworks, but its part of DL we just have to live with.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I watched F! at the Mark Twain dock after eating at Rancho then breezed past BTR to watch Magical from the Village Haus railing. Great night! Then got on the Matterhorn with a 10-minute wait.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Tech in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    I never understood why Disney never fixed the Fantasmic problem by relocating the show the area of the ROA by Big Thunder Ranch. Build an ampitheatre back there, rebuild a pit on the fort side of the island. That way the main area of ROA is free for guests to walk around and enjoy NOS and such and the ampitheatre set up means a set number of guests will be allowed in a sepperate area to view the show and there's no reason to sit and watch from the walkways.
    Someone pointed out on a different thread that the fact that there is no ampitheater is a big part of the magic at the Disneyland Fantasmic compared to the one in Florida because the show and all of it's elements just seem to appear out of no where, so it makes it seem more magical. If there is an ampitheater, then that magic would be lost.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by thermo648 View Post
    Someone pointed out on a different thread that the fact that there is no ampitheater is a big part of the magic at the Disneyland Fantasmic compared to the one in Florida because the show and all of it's elements just seem to appear out of no where, so it makes it seem more magical. If there is an ampitheater, then that magic would be lost.
    Wow, I never thought of it that way. I always do love seeing ROA transform into the night spectacular, but I never thought of it that way. Great post!

• Yeti Enthusiast

This magic comes at a heavy price for those that don't wish to be burdened by a crowded show in the middle of the park. A close facsimile of Fantasmic's current viewing area could be built in the area occupied by the former Mine Train, water and all.

While this wouldn't solve Fantasmic's inherent theming issues and sense of belonging in Frontierland, it would certainly put the show in an area of the park where crowds could be controlled much easier and more importantly...away from the rest of the park.

nothing to do with the conversation but
    MasterGracey you might want to change the link to the DCA project tracker found on the OP of this thread. it currently directs to the DCA project tracker 4 not 6.

just wanted to let you know. keep up the great work!

That area is far from magical now. Trying to get through that area is a nightmare, especially if the show is going on. People stop and watch while CMs urge them to keep moving. I've seen fights break out and tempers run high many a night. The frustrations with trying to find a table to eat your overpriced meal to see them all taken by people staking out a good spot and aren't even eating. And when I see people sitting 5 deep hours before a show, lighting trees raised high, and techs running around on the island testing effects; the experience doesn't seem to appear out of nowhere.

Havings guests filter into a secluded area of the river could alleviate all these problems. Lighting trees can be disguised, techs can test effects before the house is opened, no need for CMs to yell for guests to keep moving, no risk of squatters disrupting other guest's experiences. It can still have that feeling of lazy river that comes to life. With the theatre opened an hour before the show, there is plenty of time to sit and listen to crickets and watch the water lap against the river bank.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Ahh, the sounds of Disneyland at night.

Crickets chirping, people softly talking, glasses tinkling in the nearby cafes, "BANG BANG MUAHAHAHAHA ZAP AHGHHHAHH " "One way traffic only!! Keep moving up over the bridge, STAY BEHIND THE ROPES" BANG... POW.... cricket, cricket. chirp.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM