Page 122 of 201 FirstFirst ... 227297112119120121122123124125132147172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3011

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yeah, Snow White was the last actual stage show they did there. And it was pretty good actually. Then PFF moved in and had stage show-ettes that they did and other little interactive things (story time, etc) on top of the meet-n-greets.

Now it's just the meet-n-greet with the stage just kinda there. Waste of amazing space in my opinion.
    Also, all the space that used to be the shop/Princess extreme makeover is now in the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique at the Castle.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Also, all the space that used to be the shop/Princess extreme makeover is now in the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique at the Castle.
    The merch location is still there, they just don't do makeovers anymore.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Or, as I like to think of it (speaking of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique)- Extreme Makeover: Whore Edition!

Seriously- have you seen how much make-up they put on those poor little girls? They go in, all innocent looking, and come out looking like tramps. Too bad.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Or, as I like to think of it (speaking of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique)- Extreme Makeover: Whore Edition!

Seriously- have you seen how much make-up they put on those poor little girls? They go in, all innocent looking, and come out looking like tramps. Too bad.
    You don't have to buy the makeup package. Also, the shop that turned out "whores" as you put it was the former Libby Lu studio in Downtown Disney.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yeah, Snow White was the last actual stage show they did there. And it was pretty good actually. Then PFF moved in and had stage show-ettes that they did and other little interactive things (story time, etc) on top of the meet-n-greets.

Now it's just the meet-n-greet with the stage just kinda there. Waste of amazing space in my opinion.

There is enough space there for 2 really great rides. And the Princesses need to be out and about in the land again. They lent so much life and color and believability to the area. Shame that they are caged up in the stupid fake meet-n-greet lines, randomly on display.
    While there is a lot of space that could be used for attractions, I would prefer a theater returning. I have always enjoyed the stage shows at DL and having one would get a couple of hundred people off the street which has been extra crowded of late. The show does not need to be Broadway caliber, but a crowd pleaser with lots of dancing, characters, music and effects. I would want the theater enclosed so they can use theatrical lighting and effects that would be less dramatic with the sun shinning in.

I always thought that moving characters to specific meet and greet areas came from customers who abused the characters. One story I heard was Snow White would get her butt pinched and then there is the story of Minnie getting raped at Videopolis when it was a dance club. Not sure if they stories are true, but I could imagine them being so.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    While there is a lot of space that could be used for attractions, I would prefer a theater returning. I have always enjoyed the stage shows at DL and having one would get a couple of hundred people off the street which has been extra crowded of late.
    I agree completely. I think they should do shows there. I was just illustrating the amount of land occupied back there. If they aren't going to utilize it properly, they need to do something with it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Is it true Haunted Mansion is getting some new stuff August 9th.? I heard something about them adding a new AA (Hatbox Ghost)?

• We Go On.

^We sure hope so, but nothing official has been said so far, I think.

• Minion

Is there anymore updates on Tomorrowland i read somewhere that Astro Orbiter was going back up on top of People Mover when the People Mover reopens. Any news or beliefs in this?
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ That's been discussed for a long time now. The answer is still the same: possibly, but not for a long time.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Quote Originally Posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
    This magic comes at a heavy price for those that don't wish to be burdened by a crowded show in the middle of the park.
    So then where would they put the fireworks? On a large video screen in a warehouse somewhere? The fireworks create just as much of a crowd control / flow problem as Fantasmic does. One could make the case that they create a BIGGER problem since the problem is at the central hub of the park, and at the park's only entryway, Main Street. The parades do too, come to think of it.

Let's just face it. These show's are part of the magic of Disneyland. They are ingrained in the park and are not going anywhere. What's more, their schedules are published and posted so if you want to avoid them, you can.

• We Go On.

We're at post 1827, that's pretty close to Disneyland Project Tracker II! That's still pretty sad, however, seeing that California Adventure is going on its seventh.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I've added a new entry for Tiana's Showboat Jubilee! which will debut November 6 in New Orleans Square to promote Disney's upcoming "The Princess and the Frog" film. I've also included a couple articles here in this post about the news.

Tiana's Showboat Jubilee! - Entertainment offering
    Details: Initially reported by MiceAge's Al Lutz in May 2009, "Tiana's Showboat Jubilee" will be a jazzy Mardi Gras cavalcade that will take place in New Orleans Square and aboard the Mark Twain Riverboat featuring characters from Disney's upcoming animated film, "The Princess and the Frog." The Los Angeles Times Funland blog confirmed the show in an August 6 article.
    Project Status: In progress. Casting calls for the new show are set for August 22 and 26.
    Open Date: Show debuts November 6.

----------------------

MiceAge 5/19: Princess Cruises

While the Entertainment Department works around the clock to get ready for Summer Nightastic, they are also working on a surprisingly ambitious plan to tie in with the upcoming Princess and the Frog movie this holiday season. Sharp eyed Disneyland fans that have seen the trailer for the film may have recognized the movie's riverboat as looking suspiciously like the Mark Twain Riverboat.

That should come as no surprise, as the Burbank animators for Princess and the Frog made repeated trips down the freeway to Disneyland back in 2007 to tour New Orleans Square and ride the Mark Twain looking for inspiration in the park, something that Disneyland's number one fan John Lasseter encouraged them to do. The result is visual icons in the film that are now easily transferable to Disneyland's New Orleans Square, and you can bet there will be plenty of merchandise and food offerings tied to the Princess and the Frog in that section of the park this Christmas. The field trips the animators took to Anaheim also made the Disneyland Entertainment departments job that much easier when they got the greenlight to do a well-funded Tiana show for the holidays.

The entertainment plan is to debut a 20 minute Mardi Gras style mini-parade and musical show called Tiana's Showboat Jubilee that will perform four or five times per day this November and December. The Showboat Jubilee will start as a procession of two dozen jazzy musicians, dancers and performers in the back alleys of New Orleans Square, marching and celebrating and encouraging people to parade along with them down to the riverfront. When the growing procession finally heads out of New Orleans Square and down towards the water, the Mark Twain will depart from its dock and steam towards the bend in the river in front of New Orleans Square.

On board the Mark Twain for each show will be 50 specially selected park visitors, no doubt picked by the roving scouts because they were wearing one of those "Celebrate" buttons that are de rigueur for any Disneyland visitor nowadays. Along with the hand selected tourist families hanging along the riverboat's railings pounding tambourines and waving flags will be Tiana herself, plus her prince and Louis the singing alligator and comic relief in the movie. The rowdy procession and the Mark Twain will both stop alongside each other at the river's edge, and a 7 minute musical show takes place that is predictably heavy on audience participation and dancing.

Once the show is over, the procession heads back into New Orleans Square and the Mark Twain blasts its whistle and steams on for the rest of its trip around the river. The 50 guests on the Mark Twain will then get a special meet n' greet time with Tiana and her characters while the Mark Twain makes its way back to the dock.

Tiana's Showboat Jubilee is planned to debut at Disneyland in early November, several weeks before the film opens in theaters nationwide, and the Jubilee will then run daily through the busy Christmas season. We'll of course have more info for you later this year on how to get your clean-cut family picked to join in the fun on the Mark Twain, if that's your scene.

LA Times Funland 8/6: ‘The Princess and the Frog’ riverboat show coming to Disneyland, Disney World

Disneyland and Walt Disney World plan to add a Mardi Gras-style musical cavalcade called Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee for the 2009 holiday season, according to theme park officials.

The jazz-infused “riverboat extravaganza” will debut at Disney World on Oct. 26 and Disneyland on Nov. 6. Both shows will run through Jan. 3.

Tied to the upcoming “The Princess and the Frog” hand-drawn animated movie, Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee will feature a procession of jazzy musicians and performers parading through New Orleans Square at Disneyland and Frontierland at Disney World.

As the “second-line” procession reaches the Rivers of America dock, a group of pre-selected theme park visitors will board the waiting riverboat (the Mark Twain at Disneyland and the Liberty Belle at Disney World) where Princess Tiana and other “The Princess and the Frog” characters will greet them.

After departing, the riverboat will stop along the riverfront for a performance including songs from the film. The show will be repeated several times a day, with viewing areas along the waterfront.

Mice Age reports that the pre-selected riverboat riders will be able to pose for photos and get autographs from Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and Louis the singing alligator after the performance.

OC Register Around Disney 8/6: Disneyland announces casting for new parade
    Disneyland is seeking parade performers for a new, “entertainment extravaganza” based on the upcoming “Princess and the Frog” film.

[ . . . ] Disneyland will be promoting the movie with Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee, a colorful, vibrant riverboat extravaganza featuring songs and music from the film. The show begins Nov. 6. Though nothing official has been announced yet, fans speculate that Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee will utilize the Mark Twain Riverboat and the surrounding area of New Orleans Square. Stay tuned to Around Disney for more information about the show.

Disney is currently casting for parade performers, as well as vocalists to portray the characters Tiana, Prince Naveen, and villainous voodoo practitioner Dr. Facilier. Applicants for the show must be at least 18 years old. The audition for parade performers is set for 10 a.m. August 22 at the Team Disney Anaheim building, 700 W. Ball Road.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by some_imagination View Post
    So then where would they put the fireworks? On a large video screen in a warehouse somewhere? The fireworks create just as much of a crowd control / flow problem as Fantasmic does. One could make the case that they create a BIGGER problem since the problem is at the central hub of the park, and at the park's only entryway, Main Street. The parades do too, come to think of it.
    When the fireworks weren't focused on the Castle, there was no crowd problem because they could be seen from most anywhere in the park.

The crowd problem of the now-Castle-focused fireworks is just exacerbated by the huge Fantasmic crowds as they try to trade places for the shows. The increase in the various shows (Fantasmic, parades, fireworks, stage shows, etc.) throughout the park has, over the years, has generally made the park a lot harder to easily negotiate. At any particular time of day, you are likely to find some entertainment activity hindering your ability to get from one part of the park to another.

I long for the days when "entertainment" was small and limited, just some occasional enhancements the to the park's ambiance instead of being the focus.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    When the fireworks weren't focused on the Castle, there was no crowd problem because they could be seen from most anywhere in the park.

The crowd problem of the now-Castle-focused fireworks is just exacerbated by the huge Fantasmic crowds as they try to trade places for the shows. The increase in the various shows (Fantasmic, parades, fireworks, stage shows, etc.) throughout the park has, over the years, has generally made the park a lot harder to easily negotiate. At any particular time of day, you are likely to find some entertainment activity hindering your ability to get from one part of the park to another.

I long for the days when "entertainment" was small and limited, just some occasional enhancements the to the park's ambiance instead of being the focus.
    While the crowds can be insane, I like how entertainment has been able to get so large and bring in more advanced shows. Just unfortunate the park is so small to begin with. So there is good and bad to go along with that statement.

It does look like there will be a new bottleneck starting Nov 6 with the Showboat Jubilee show starting at the Rivers of America. At least that will only be during the day.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM