Page 14 of 201 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617243964114 ... LastLast

• Hall Of Promise

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    woo - hoo!!!! even up huh? like skyway buckets or people mover??? how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!
    Skyway Buckets... no.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'm thinking a second level may be coming to our TL. In addition to the Peoplemover V2.0, of course.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I'm thinking a second level may be coming to our TL. In addition to the Peoplemover V2.0, of course.
    I hope so, it would help make it so much more dynamic again. I'm glad to hear that it will have old things coming back in new forms and completely new things as well. That sounds like the right direction.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I hope so, it would help make it so much more dynamic again. I'm glad to hear that it will have old things coming back in new forms and completely new things as well. That sounds like the right direction.
    Maybe an updated Mission to Mars/Mission to the Moon?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Maybe an updated Mission to Mars/Mission to the Moon?
    They did one in Epcot called Mission:Space.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    They did one in Epcot called Mission:Space.
    Ehh... not quite what I was thinking. Couldn't it just be a solid C or D ticket?

There's fewer and fewer filler attractions being built these days. Dang shame, too. At least Midway Mania fits this bill.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Ehh... not quite what I was thinking. Couldn't it just be a solid C or D ticket?

There's fewer and fewer filler attractions being built these days. Dang shame, too. At least Midway Mania fits this bill.

Well, i agree with you about the filler attractions... and I don't think filling them with more cartoon tie-ins is the right idea either. (not that you suggested it but it seems to be the going trend these days).

I don't want to go too into armchair imagineering but I think Tomorrowland does need something more similar to Adventure Thru Inner Space again. A nice D-ticket attraction for the entire family. Not dumbed down, not too extreme... just something interesting and fun.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

no no skybuckets ---

• Minion

Pooh! Thanks Baloo! Looking up??? Hmm....OH, the Astro Orbiter???? I hope they put it back in the middle. Do you know if they will ever get rid of the rock in the front of Tomorrowland??

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Pooh! Thanks Baloo! Looking up??? Hmm....OH, the Astro Orbiter???? I hope they put it back in the middle. Do you know if they will ever get rid of the rock in the front of Tomorrowland??
    I'd be shocked if they did a major renovation of TL and didn't remove the rocks. They are part of the steam punk version that I'm sure will be abandoned.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

You and I can chain ourselves to the rocks in protest of them keeping them, IF (and that's a big IF) they do! LOL

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Think Tony Baxter and Walt Disney Imagineering doing what they do best.
    Tony Baxter has been dropping hints for some time about BIG changes coming along. During the Nemo process, during the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough stuff, etc. Whatever is coming is being kept very VERY tightly under wraps. I know several people on here have visited WDI and have seen things, and I'm glad that they are keeping mum on it as well and allowing WDI to develop, perfect and announce when they are ready. As badly as I want to know... I want it to be a total and complete surprise.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

So people have seen things already? Wow! Have they made any comments like "Wow" or "No Big Deal?"

• I'm not really here

Yeah, several people have seen things (though they haven't even said if the things they saw were just ideas, or actual projects). But they have all pretty much been of the opinion that things are very much "WOW" at WDI.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Good to hear! Disneyland hasn't had anything major happen in the refurb are in a while. Thanks!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM