Page 15 of 201 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718254065115 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    So people have seen things already? Wow! Have they made any comments like "Wow" or "No Big Deal?"

My comment WOW!!!

and although i would love to say something about the project and or give more dayailed hints i feel that it is better not too. From years of reading these boards as well as others i have learned that there will always be people ready to criticize what they have not seen and are not familair with. Others will forget that large projects change and evolve and later claim cutbacks and problems were the reasons for the changes.

Its already happening now with some of the projects that Disney already announced a bit too early for DCA. Those project were still early in design stage and were still evolving and now that more concrete final designs are being released people have theorized on why the changes were made when not knowing the facts.

I also do not blame the reason for these concerns from many people especialy after a few years of bad Karma and poor decisions from the last group of people in charge of Disney parks.

Now if only Jay could take a very long vacation

So for now all i can say is that the projects for Disneyland park are coming together and they show that Management is allowing Tony Baxter and the WDI team to be very creative
    Last edited by Baloo; 10-03-2008 at 10:26 PM.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Off of a short pier maybe?

So for now all i can say is that the projects for Disneyland park are coming together and they show that Management is allowing Tony Baxter and the WDI team to be very creative
    That's the general feeling I've gotten from the little people are willing to say. And I'm glad that it is finally happening that way. Because these are the guys who allow those managers to have the jobs they do.

Thanks for your candor as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

My comment WOW!!!

and although i would love to say something about the project and or give more datiled hints i feel that its better not too. From years of reading these boards as well as others i have learned that there will always be people ready to criticize what they have not seen. Others will be forget that large projects like these change and evolve and later will claim cutbacks and problems the reasons for the changes.
    That is completely fine Baloo, I respect you for doing so. People will always criticize as you can't please everyone. I'm usually a pretty critical person, but, I know that things can change or evolve, as you say, and they may not end up as you originally see. I do enjoy looking at concept art and seeing what they are thinking though. It also leads me to think about what I would add or take away from it.

Its already hapenning now with some of the projects that Disney already announced a bit too early for DCA. That project was still early in design stage and was still evolving and now that more concrete final designs are being released people have theorized on why the changes were made when not knowing the facts.
    Exactly. I can understand why Disney did what they did though in releasing the concept art. Personally, I am loving everything they have come out with so far. It is really interesting though to hear how the budgets are expanding on these rather than dwindling. For me, to know that John Lasseter is behind a lot of this gives me hope also. He seems to have the vision that Walt did.

I also do not blame the reason for these concerns from many people especialy after a few years of bad Karma and poor decisions from the last group of people in charge of Disney parks.
    Definitely! But, Matt Ouimet restored my wife and I's faith in Disney when the park became pristine once again. He really brought it back we feel.

What has he done that would require a long vacation or a "long walk on a short pier" (Hee hee )?

While I am thrilled for DCA's makeover, I am even more excited for Disneyland's plans. It has been so long since something major has happened (in my opinion of course). I personally would love to see an overhaul on Matterhorn. I know I'm dreaming on that one though! Ha ha!

Thanks again Baloo for sharing your thoughts with us. I love to read your posts because they are filled with honesty and a lot of insight.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Good to hear! Disneyland hasn't had anything major happen in the refurb are in a while. Thanks!
    What about the near 1 year It's a Small World refurbishment?

• It's all about Theme!

An insider has said that on the back burner is the Caurosel of Progress. For the next TL overhaul after DCA, they hope to tear out innoventions and bring it back from Florida.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    An insider has said that on the back burner is the Caurosel of Progress. For the next TL overhaul after DCA, they hope to tear out innoventions and bring it back from Florida.
    That would be incredible!

• Minion

This would be awesome!

doubt that would happen. That land has bigger plans for its future.

Carousel of progress is a good attraction but its about moving forward bringing back the Carousel of progress might be good for a select few but would then loose its appeal to the majority of the audience.

• Minion

I get goose bumps when I see you've posted Baloo! Ha ha! Sounds crazy I know, but you always have great news! Even if it isn't detailed and shrouded in mystery!

Progress is good news. Getting the CoP would be a step backwards (aka bad news)

• Minion

I personally would love to see Carousel of Progress back and updated. But, I can also see how it could be a downside.

• Senior Minion

I wouldn't want CoP to come back, TL needs a new major attraction and that's the best place to put it and it would also dramitacally change the feel of the land. I really don't want anything old to just come back. I would like rethought versions of the PM and Rocket Jets a new attraction for the theater, I'm fine with Wall-E if it's well concieved. I also hope for a new family friendly major D or E ticket in the CoP space, an updated Star Tours and Autopia, and a retheming of the whole land. There's a lot that needs to be done.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

It would be great to see a two story eatery where the Buzz Lightyear Burgers are. From the second floor, one could see the PM or Monorail go by and also look down on the band playing on the stage. This area is ALWAYS congested.

I also would love to see Autopia and Star Tours redone.

I would love for the old escalators to come back to Space Mountain, rather than the huge walkway we now have to go up.

The Astro Orbitor needs to go back up top and Innoventions need to leave and add in some sort of family coaster in the dark.

Oh, and they also need to fix the new monorails so they can accomodate the many people they are supposed to accomodate. LOL

• Senior Minion

I would definitely like some better thought put into the SM queue and more use made of that second level, and some better use made of the Starcade, along with some other sedond level features like you suggest to give the whole land a two level feel. Which it used to have much more and I always thought should have been expanded on and instead they removed most of that. Activity needs to be brought to all areas of TL especially the sky.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• The line's too long...

How about ripping the Starcade out altogether? It's tacky and trite, and who comes to DL to play arcade games anyway?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM