Page 151 of 201 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151152153154161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3011

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Me too. Is it a walk-in, or do you just order from the windows?

• Future Cast Member

I heard you just order from the windows, but I'm not sure.

@boy33 just posted a photo of Edelweiss Snacks, showing that you order from windows.

Last edited by Mojave; 09-26-2009 at 06:11 PM.

I love it! I think they did a fabulous job! It looks like a refurbished building, not something built new; they've really captured an authentic look and feel. It looks very charming, especially in that last photo (link posted) with the lights on; very inviting!

• Banned User

Seeing it closer in that picture, it looks incredible! It is so detailed!

• Fireworks Finatic!

If you remember, this same area had walls up before summer or even early this year. So they did the plumbing and electrical prep for this new building then, most likely. So they were planning for this for at least a year. I think it is great how nice they made it.

• Future Cast Member

It looks really nice! It's a really cute little building, and the inside looks nice, too, it doesnt look like they just left it looking like wood or concrete or something, it looks organized from what I can see in the picture. Thanks for finding that and posting it!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I agree, all projects at the parks have at least some planning. They don't just come out one day and say, "We're going to build a Swiss Chalet today."
    that is not at all what i am suggesting, what a ridiculous statement. of course they made careful designs for this building. BUT what i already said is why is this building first when the area needs attractions and other improvements? i don't see the need and i don't like the way it turned out.

and Disney Princess, it doesnt matter that they serve more than turkey legs, i didnt question the menu, i questioned the tacky gold turkey medallion on the sign.

please read more carefully.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by jasonryan106 View Post
    that is not at all what i am suggesting, what a ridiculous statement. of course they made careful designs for this building.
    What they are saying, jasonryan106, is that this building is almost certainly a part of the master plan for the whole Fantasyland area. They aren't just saying that THIS building had careful plans, but that this carefully planned building fits into their master plan for the whole area.

BUT what i already said is why is this building first when the area needs attractions and other improvements? i don't see the need and i don't like the way it turned out.
    Just because you do not see the need does not mean a need does not exist. It is important to separate opinion from observation. I also don't fully understand why they chose now to put it in, but this does not mean there is not a reason. It's entirely possible that this was first because this is what was first to get budget approval.

As to this area needing attractions:

Not really sure where you want them to put attractions. The area in red is the area in question. The shack is in green. This area is used as walkways and it is broken up by several planters which keeps it from becoming a concrete jungle. There is absolutely no room here for an attraction, so I can only assume you are talking about the area North in the blue. The old Motorboat Cruise area. Sure there's room for something here, but it would have to be very carefully planned as overhead clearances are scant thanks to the Monorail beamway. Any attraction that could go here would be difficult to construct and necessitate the closure of the monorails for extended periods of time most likely. Couple this with the likely closures/shuttle mode during the BVS construction at DCA and you can see why they might just be loathe to start anything here right now.

Are there other places in Fantasyland that could take attractions, sure. But as I said, they have to receive budgetary approval and things right now aren't getting through much because all the money tied up in DCA and the economy being what it is. The Edelweiss Snacks shack generates revenue and this generally looks much more attractive to the suits on a bottom line review of projects. Hence it's getting the greenlight before other possible projects for the FL area in general.

and Disney Princess, it doesnt matter that they serve more than turkey legs, i didnt question the menu, i questioned the tacky gold turkey medallion on the sign.
    Here we enter murky waters. This is an opinion. It is your opinion that the sign is tacky, it is the opinion of others that it is not tacky. Enough said. This has nothing to do with qualitative analysis whatsoever as a qualitative analysis would reveal that the sign is well constructed of quality materials and matches what you are reasonably likely to see were you to visit Switzerland yourself. So now that we have established that you simply dislike the sign for personal reasons and not for any fault with the sign itself, hopefully we can leave that topic behind us and proceed forward.
    Last edited by mycroft16; 09-27-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Spelling

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

^ Amen, brother! (Or, something like that.)
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

It seems even when they do something right, people get upset.
    Were sorry Disney that you can never win.

• sleepy lagoon

The building is cute.... very nicely themed!! I wish they would get rid of most of their carts and go with a themed building to match where they are located. Also, if they added some themed yummy food/snacks to match; that would be awesome!!

• Banned User

Croft, you're absolutely exhausting. i said 2 pages ago lets drop it, but you feel the need to go on and on and on about how your opinion is correct and mine is not. i apologize in advance to those not concerned with this and i also pre-apologize for my tone but this constant "I Know Best" bit from Croft really needs to be put in check.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    What they are saying, jasonryan106, is that this building is almost certainly a part of the master plan for the whole Fantasyland area. They aren't just saying that THIS building had careful plans, but that this carefully planned building fits into their master plan for the whole area. You clearly have no idea what is in store for Fantasyland, but you tell me "this is almost certainly part of a master plan." Based on what? your psychic abilities? were you at D23? I was. THey mentioned big pland for the next 3-4 years but there was no mention of anything for DL Fantasyland, but you claim to know better. What division of Disney do you work for? i didnt catch that. Or is it that you live in Anaheim and go to the park weekly so you can surmise these mystery plans that way? i dont think that is correct either. stop trying to call people out when you are talking out of your behinds.

Just because you do not see the need does not mean a need does not exist. It is important to separate opinion from observation. Waste of print - i said it was my opinion many times. thanks for again restating the obvious.

As to this area needing attractions:

Not really sure where you want them to put attractions. The area in red is the area in question. The shack is in green. This area is used as walkways and it is broken up by several planters which keeps it from becoming a concrete jungle. There is absolutely no room here for an attraction, so I can only assume you are talking about the area North in the blue. The old Motorboat Cruise area. Sure there's room for something here, but it would have to be very carefully planned as overhead clearances are scant thanks to the Monorail beamway. Any attraction that could go here would be difficult to construct and necessitate the closure of the monorails for extended periods of time most likely. Couple this with the likely closures/shuttle mode during the BVS construction at DCA and you can see why they might just be loathe to start anything here right now. Thanks for another map to prove nothing. there is plenty of room for attractions from Motor Boat Cruise, Casey Jr, Storybookland, Videopolis, whatever they may or may not choose. Autopia and FNSV somehow have managed as attractions although there is a Monorail around it. Even the turkey chalet didnt cause a Monorail closure. Again, thanks for restating the obvious.

Are there other places in Fantasyland that could take attractions, sure. But as I said, they have to receive budgetary approval and things right now aren't getting through much because all the money tied up in DCA and the economy being what it is. You have no idea what the budget is so again stop making things up. If the economy was so bad for Disney, they wouldn't be redoing DCA, launching a new Cruise Line initiative, buying Marvel, etc. You have no idea what youre talking about.

Here we enter murky waters. This is an opinion. It is your opinion that the sign is tacky, it is the opinion of others that it is not tacky. I said that 2 pages ago. Thanks for (everyone together now) RESTATING THE OBVIOUS. Enough said. This has nothing to do with qualitative analysis whatsoever as a qualitative analysis would reveal that the sign is well constructed of quality materials and matches what you are reasonably likely to see were you to visit Switzerland yourself. So now that we have established that you simply dislike the sign for personal reasons and not for any fault with the sign itself, hopefully we can leave that topic behind us and proceed forward. Again, why are you restating that its just my opinion and incorrect due to the way its constructed? Who made you defender of the turkey sign? Did you secretly approve it? I said many days ago i didnt like it, i dont care what its made out of. Its there and its not changing. So be it. People here are allowed to voice their opposition, at some point ill probably buy food from there, that doesnt mean i have to accept every single detail Disney presents. I respected your disagreement many days ago. Stop trying to convince me otherwise and leave it alone.
    Croft, really, if you have anything more to say to just me and not the whole thread, move to private message and stop this silliness. You seem like you're auditioning.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    It seems even when they do something right, people get upset.
    Were sorry Disney that you can never win.
    Not true, i have been singing the praises of Ghost Galaxy up and down. its not all or nothing. I am a huge fan and Disney wins much of the time in my book.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Here's my own picture so you don't need to link another site. It's counter service and yah, it's a fancy ODV cart. Now the face painting looks out of place. Good job, Disney on this one. It's nicer than it could have been. (and this is sad when we're so thankful for nice ODV venues because they drop the ball on so many other things)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM