Page 181 of 201 FirstFirst ... 81131156171178179180181182183184191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3011

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Thanks disneylandfan95! I just hope it's back up and running on 2/20/10! :-)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Nothing has been confirmed by Disney at all. A Tomorrowland overhaul is in the works, but it most likely won't start until Phase 1 of the DCA makeover is complete in 2012. So we will most likely be seeing an announcement in late 2011 early 2012 if the overhaul starts in 2012/2013. Sorry if that was confusing.
    As I understand it, most projects are now on hold until Staggs gets an update on them. As it stands, there's no way of telling what will be green-lit or shut down. Hopefully Staggs will be more park friendly than Rasulo was.

• Banned User

The Texas Longhorns, and Alabama Roll Tide (boo) were in the parks yesterday. I actually got to talk to some of the players, and helped them find somewhere to eat. *side note* I walked them to Village Haus, and actually ate lunch with Clark Ford.
    I just snapped a quick shot. People kept coming up and wanting photos with them, so I didn't want to bug them for yet another photo.

• DisneyFreak100

Regarding the Matterhorn it is closed all of feb. until i think the second weekend in march.

• We Go On.

Rumors are saying that the Matterhorn will be getting new bobsleds. People have said on here that this is supposed to happen. This refurb probably isn't for the installation of the new bobsleds, but more like testing and a quick clean up of the track. I really have no clue, these are just my best guesses.
    This sounds definitely reasonable. I'd believe it. I really want those new bobsleds, too!

• Banned User

The new bobsled prototypes were shown in a picture quite some time ago. Hopefully they have only been on the back burner and are going to be implemented sometime soon.

• Banned User

There's a set date for Captain EO's return. According to Stitch Kingdom, we'll be seeing Michael and his galactic friends on January 29th. Here's the link.
    ‘Captain EO’ to Return to Disneyland for Limited Engagement on January 29 : Disney News : StitchKingdom.com

• Banned User

Awesome - thanks MSJ. Will have to check that out in February as I have never seen that before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Weird to walk through Frontierland today and find a green refurb fence which runs from in front of Big Tunder down to the smoking area in front of the Haunted Mansion. A screen is also up from behind Fowler's Harbor down to Hungry Bear. All of Hungry Bear is screened off. Not sure how fun it will be to eat there when the river really starts to drain as it is already quite fragrant in spots.

The water level is already down about a foot as of this morning, and the plumbing for Fantasmic is already clearly visible as the water is receding. I'll try to get some photos up tonight unless someone beats me to it.

• Minion

Out of all the refurbs. I think this one covers more area than any other one at Disneyland. The "feeling" of the lands in this area really seem to disappear to me when you can't see the activity on the waterfront.

I guess this means Tiana's Showboat Jubilee will be down the refurb as well...too bad.

• Minion

Rumors are saying that the Matterhorn will be getting new bobsleds. People have said on here that this is supposed to happen. This refurb probably isn't for the installation of the new bobsleds, but more like testing and a quick clean up of the track. I really have no clue, these are just my best guesses.
    I know a while ago there were pictures of the new bobsleds, but they never came out. Does anyone have any concrete details on this?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

A couple updates today, including new entries on the potential new E-Ticket attractions Al Lutz mentioned in his 1/5 MiceAge column:

Captain EO returns
    Details: Captain EO is rumored to return to Tomorrowland's Magic Eye Theater for a limited engagement.
    Project Status: Rumored for a late September 2009 opening, the project was said to be delayed until January 2010, and the officially announced by Disney on December 18, with a February 2010 opening. "Honey" closed January 4 to begin the reinstallation of Captain EO.
    Open Date: January 29, 2010

New Frontierland E-Ticket attractions
    Details: Plans to add new E-Ticket attractions include using the space currently occupied by the Festival Arena and backstage's Circle D Ranch.
    Project Status: John Lasseter took a tour of potential expansion sites prior to the 2009 holiday season. No timetable is yet known on the opening of the new attractions if plans are approved.
    Open Date: Unknown

New Tomorrowland E-Ticket attractions
    Details: Plans to add new E-Ticket attractions include reutilizing the Carousel Theater, currently occupied by Innoventions and space currently used for backstage purposes.
    Project Status: John Lasseter took a tour of potential expansion sites prior to the 2009 holiday season. No timetable is yet known on the opening of the new attractions if plans are approved.
    Open Date: Unknown

MiceAge Al Lutz 1/5: (E)Ticket to Ride
    While we spent most of 2009 updating you on the growing crowds at Disneyland, the TDA executive team commissioned a detailed study from their in house industrial engineering department that summed up what most people already knew; Disneyland needs more rides. And the good news is that the current TDA executive team strongly agrees with that opinion, so much so that TDA and WDI are now working on plans to open up new areas for park expansion in the coming years. The conventional wisdom in TDA now acknowledges that all of the "new" attractions Disneyland received over the last decade really only revitalized or repurposed existing facilities.

[ . . . ]

The result is that TDA planners are now drafting plans to open up currently unused areas of the park to build new attractions, instead of simply reinvigorating existing facilities that are already modestly popular, like the Star Tours 2.0 makeover that begins in Tomorrowland this August. Not surprisingly, John Lasseter and Tony Baxter have jumped on this change in tone from TDA executives, and are giddy over the possibilities for some major new E Ticket attractions for Disneyland by the middle of this decade.

And yes, that was E Ticket attractions, plural. Just before the holiday season, John Lasseter took a walking tour of some of the top sites under consideration for these new expansions. John is now famous for being like a kid in a candy store on his regular Disneyland visits, and he was interested in all of the backstage areas to be seen on his recent Expansion Plan tour. The tour prominently included the current Festival Arena area, the northern edges of the Rivers of America, and the adjacent Circle D ranch that is backstage just beyond the berm, as well as the Tomorrowland areas in and around Innoventions.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• is too darn hot.

That makes me excited. My one concern is, where would Circle D go then? Would they move the horses and other animals off-property?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Minion

Thrilling article! I'm thrilled to see Disneyland getting the treatment it so deserves. Now the question is, what types of "E" Ticket attractions could they come up with????

As for WOC, I love the idea of the "Fastpass" and DVC and Resort Guests getting special tickets. Great Article AL and thanks for sharing MasterGracy!

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    That makes me excited. My one concern is, where would Circle D go then? Would they move the horses and other animals off-property?
    My guess is that they will free up space by removing another backstage structure, one that could be relocated away from property without too much consequence, and relocate Circle D to this freed up space. More of a reorganization of sorts.

Some backstage facilities require a close location to the parks, while other facilities do not. This should be interesting as to what they come up with, seeing how this has to be done before any expansion can take place.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM