Page 188 of 201 FirstFirst ... 88138163178185186187188189190191198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3011

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Yeah I guess I too want all my main shows to basically stay the same for 17 years with only minor changes and no true additions.
    I guess they're upgrading things little by little until something new for Fan! can be cooked up.

Paitence. Thats all i'm saying. No need to be fiesty here.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

For me, the show is timeless. Little upgrades with no drastic changes and I'll be happy.

• Minion

I agree, although they could add some more princess barges and I wouldn't be mad, get Aladdin in there, or Pocahontas and John on a barge, as well as finding some way to incorporate timon and pumba during the jungle or Scar there or at the end.

But I thought they used the same barges that are used during the day, or are there separate ones for the princesses and the monkeys and the daytime
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

I really, really hope they totally redo the barges for Fantasmic! 3 Jungle barges, and 3 princess barges. Not to mention taking out some of the old units for something new such as a larger Princess Unit, Princess and the Frog unit, something more imaginative. The show as essentially been the same for 17 years! If they can't give us a new show, can they at least give us a totally revamped old one.
    The barges were new in 2007

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

A lot of photos from Monday going up now... including the Billy's and Farley performing in front of the Golden Horseshoe. (looks like the building will reopen for food on Wednesday, and the Stage for the "Billy's" on Thursday.

Also the walls were down on the new Stroller Rental area in the Main Entrance Plaza.

The Frontierland Entrance from the hub is closed to allow repair of the bridge and water area work (which is drained).

Smoking area on the East side moved to the far south-west corner of the pathway between the Matterhorn and the Sub Lagoon (next to the Autopia Track).

Photos of the new Cavalcade featuring the Muppet's.

Photos of Club 33 and more.

Over 400 photos in total.. alas, the system is moving slowly tonight.

For those DCA folks, sorry, spent all day (open to close) at Disneyland.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I really, really hope they totally redo the barges for Fantasmic! 3 Jungle barges, and 3 princess barges. Not to mention taking out some of the old units for something new such as a larger Princess Unit, Princess and the Frog unit, something more imaginative. The show as essentially been the same for 17 years! If they can't give us a new show, can they at least give us a totally revamped old one.
    So I take it, then, that you didn't like the fact that the Golden Horseshoe Revue remained largely unchanged for 31 years? Or the fact that the Tiki Room is, again, largely unchanged (only shortened in length) for 46 years? Heck- the Fantasyland dark rides are the same as they were in 1983, with the exception of minor technical upgrades.

The list goes on and on.

Disneyland, for the most part, is unchanged. My brother (who's not a big fan of DL) went to the park last year for the first time in 15 years and made that exact observation: the place is the same.

What's so wrong about having something around for so long, with only technical upgrades? Does the fact that it still draws HUGE crowds for both shows, almost every night it plays, and is a huge crowd pleaser mean nothing to you? Popularity is not waning for the show. I don't expect them to replace it anytime soon.

What do you think this is: Tokyo Disneyland?
    j/k j/k

That being said- I love the show and hope it remains for many more years.

• Banned User

Agreed. I'd like to see barges that actually accompany the princesses, not just black boxes with multicolored lights on them. The big thing I'd like to see is better fountains. Make the fountains interact with Mickey and the show. During the opening for instance, if he waves his hands to the right, the fountains follow suit. Add two butterfly fountains, and maaaybe a blowpop or two...

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    Agreed. I'd like to see barges that actually accompany the princesses, not just black boxes with multicolored lights on them. The big thing I'd like to see is better fountains. Make the fountains interact with Mickey and the show. During the opening for instance, if he waves his hands to the right, the fountains follow suit. Add two butterfly fountains, and maaaybe a blowpop or two...
    Yeah, I hope Fan! will get a thing or two from WOC's fountains. I mean, Fan! gave WOC the digital projectors (they were installed in 2008 to help the WOC crew out) So WOC should give something to Fan! since the shows are alike in terms of water equipment.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    A lot of photos from Monday going up now... including the Billy's and Farley performing in front of the Golden Horseshoe. (looks like the building will reopen for food on Wednesday, and the Stage for the "Billy's" on Thursday.

Also the walls were down on the new Stroller Rental area in the Main Entrance Plaza.

The Frontierland Entrance from the hub is closed to allow repair of the bridge and water area work (which is drained).

Smoking area on the East side moved to the far south-west corner of the pathway between the Matterhorn and the Sub Lagoon (next to the Autopia Track).

Photos of the new Cavalcade featuring the Muppet's.

Photos of Club 33 and more.

Over 400 photos in total.. alas, the system is moving slowly tonight.

For those DCA folks, sorry, spent all day (open to close) at Disneyland.
    I heard the new Stroller Shop opens today.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Sorry if this has been mentioned allready, but since the rivers of america are down for refurb, does anyone know if they plan on bringing back cascade peak? What about re-lighting the burning cabin?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned allready, but since the rivers of america are down for refurb, does anyone know if they plan on bringing back cascade peak? What about re-lighting the burning cabin?
    Nope. No plans right now for cascade peak. It's unlikley that it'll come back anytime soon.

The Burning Cabin is now history. With that new look that came in 2007 for the cabin, we won't be seeing the burning cabin anymore.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Nope. No plans right now for cascade peak. It's unlikley that it'll come back anytime soon.

The Burning Cabin is now history. With that new look that came in 2007 for the cabin, we won't be seeing the burning cabin anymore.
    I thought I had read that Tony Baxter was wanting to bring some of that back? Or is it just the animatronics? I could be mistaken.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    I thought I had read that Tony Baxter was wanting to bring some of that back? Or is it just the animatronics? I could be mistaken.
    I read that it was just going to be animatronics.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Minion

I think your right forbidde, I guess just wishful thinking on my part.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    What did they do to it in 2007?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM