Page 194 of 201 FirstFirst ... 94144184191192193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3011
  1. #2896

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Seeing as the 405 Freeway is a river today, and my school is an hour drive up the 405, I am tempted to hit up DLR. Should I stay and be safe and warm, make a nice warm bowl of mac and cheese and watch cartoons in my warm blanket, or should I go to the parks, freeze my butt of and get destroyed by screamin' in the rain? It's honestly a hard decision!!!!!


  2. #2897

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,530

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Seeing as the 405 Freeway is a river today, and my school is an hour drive up the 405, I am tempted to hit up DLR. Should I stay and be safe and warm, make a nice warm bowl of mac and cheese and watch cartoons in my warm blanket, or should I go to the parks, freeze my butt of and get destroyed by screamin' in the rain? It's honestly a hard decision!!!!!
    Well, maybe you should go. But if you do, don't go on screamin. According to my sister, going through the launch with this kind of rain makes it feel like a 100 needles coming at ya. Then you can experince an empty day at both parks!



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  3. #2898

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    658

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Seeing as the 405 Freeway is a river today, and my school is an hour drive up the 405, I am tempted to hit up DLR. Should I stay and be safe and warm, make a nice warm bowl of mac and cheese and watch cartoons in my warm blanket, or should I go to the parks, freeze my butt of and get destroyed by screamin' in the rain? It's honestly a hard decision!!!!!
    Do it! Screamin' in a down pour is some the most fun I've had at DCA!
    Yeah, it hurts a bit, but its crazy exciting. It adds a whole new level of fun to an already great coaster!

  4. #2899

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Well, maybe you should go. But if you do, don't go on screamin. According to my sister, going through the launch with this kind of rain makes it feel like a 100 needles coming at ya. Then you can experince an empty day at both parks!
    I was there yesterday and it was pouring rain and did screamin. Boy that was fun. I definitely wont do it again. However the multiple times on TSMM with no line was def. worth the trip

    Now the news is begging people to stay off the roads and I am having second thoughts. I have already double layered my pants (one layer waterproof pants and one layer jeans) and put my raincoat on. GRRRRRRRRR, I know DLR is a ghost town right now.
    Last edited by k_peek_2000; 01-21-2010 at 12:40 PM.


  5. #2900

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,008

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I was there yesterday and it was pouring rain and did screamin. Boy that was fun. I definitely wont do it again. However the multiple times on TSMM with no line was def. worth the trip

    Now the news is begging people to stay off the roads and I am having second thoughts. I have already double layered my pants (one layer waterproof pants and one layer jeans) and put my raincoat on. GRRRRRRRRR, I know DLR is a ghost town right now.
    In the words of our amazing Governor " DO IT NAOW!"

    I know I would....

  6. #2901

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Seeing as the 405 Freeway is a river today, and my school is an hour drive up the 405, I am tempted to hit up DLR. Should I stay and be safe and warm, make a nice warm bowl of mac and cheese and watch cartoons in my warm blanket, or should I go to the parks, freeze my butt of and get destroyed by screamin' in the rain? It's honestly a hard decision!!!!!
    If you don't go for yourself, go for me!!! PLEASE!!!!

  7. #2902

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,530

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I was there yesterday and it was pouring rain and did screamin. Boy that was fun. I definitely wont do it again. However the multiple times on TSMM with no line was def. worth the trip

    Now the news is begging people to stay off the roads and I am having second thoughts. I have already double layered my pants (one layer waterproof pants and one layer jeans) and put my raincoat on. GRRRRRRRRR, I know DLR is a ghost town right now.
    Well, I made a seperate thread but I''ll post it here too.

    Both parks have reduced hours again. DCA will close at 5PM and DL will close at 6PM. So you don't have a lot of time to make a decision.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  8. #2903

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    So due to the weather, the parks are closing early? Wow, I've never heard of that.

  9. #2904

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,530

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    So due to the weather, the parks are closing early? Wow, I've never heard of that.
    It's happened a couple of times. I remember reading on Mouseplanet that the park closed early on Jan 2, 2006. DL closed at 10PM instead of 12AM. They were still able to pull of one Fan! showing while I think the pyro was a mid-show.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  10. #2905

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    I WENT! Managed to ride TSMM twice (they were loading at the single rider line!) Screamin' twice, Space, Nemo and watch WOC testing for a good 45 minutes all in less than 3 hours haha.


  11. #2906

    • is too darn hot.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    It's all about the LBC, yo!
    Posts
    14,849

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Went to Disneyland today, did all but five of the attractions that were open. It was pretty much a ghost town.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

    On Track for Weight Loss!


  12. #2907

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I WENT! Managed to ride TSMM twice (they were loading at the single rider line!) Screamin' twice, Space, Nemo and watch WOC testing for a good 45 minutes all in less than 3 hours haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Went to Disneyland today, did all but five of the attractions that were open. It was pretty much a ghost town.
    I'm so jealous. This is the time to go to the parks!

    Bassbone, congrats on the weightloss so far!!!

  13. #2908

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,008

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    So...do you think Monday's going to be another normal day at the parks? I'm planning on going, but not sure if I'm actually going to. I heard there was a final kick from this storm, but nothing massive (just more rain). Hopefully it rains monday, so no one goes!

  14. #2909

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Why does DL close from the weather? Is it wind, flooding, or just lack of people?
    The futer head Imagineer!

  15. #2910

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,387

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak288 View Post
    Why does DL close from the weather? Is it wind, flooding, or just lack of people?
    It's probably too expensive to run the park if not enough people are coming. They can't justify keeping the CMs out there with barely any guests and still pay them.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
  12. 02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
  13. 01-19-2009, 10:10 AM
  14. 01-06-2009, 09:16 AM
  15. 10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
  16. 10-21-2008, 12:06 AM
  17. 10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
  18. 10-01-2008, 09:00 PM
  19. 09-01-2008, 12:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •