Page 198 of 201 FirstFirst ... 98148173188195196197198199200201 LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3011

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Whatever Disney does, I'm sure they have a reason for it that we may or may not know...
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

In response to the size of the old fountains, is space really an issue in the ROA?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek138 View Post
    Whatever Disney does, I'm sure they have a reason for it that we may or may not know...
    You mean they don't tell us all of their secrets?

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    Need I say more? It's smart to kill two birds with one stone, rather than have to drain small "holes" and have to deal with water seepage, and trying to add the fountains in a smaller, enclosed area. Add the fountains now, when the whole RoA is drained, so you have ample room to work around with.
    In this case, it's about managing resources.

The river downtime is a MAJOR operation and refreshment of the show along the river. There is an incredible amount of work to get done in order for everything to be up and running in time for summer.

That project, combined with Cars Land, Red Car, Little Mermaid, Silly Symphony Swings and ESPECIALLY the World of Color install puts quite a strain on the available manpower.

Wait for World of Color to debut and for them to get the kinks out of the system before anything happens to Fantasmic! fountains. It's much easier to troubleshoot one brand new system than it is two at the same time.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    In this case, it's about managing resources.

The river downtime is a MAJOR operation and refreshment of the show along the river. There is an incredible amount of work to get done in order for everything to be up and running in time for summer.

That project, combined with Cars Land, Red Car, Little Mermaid, Silly Symphony Swings and ESPECIALLY the World of Color install puts quite a strain on the available manpower.

Wait for World of Color to debut and for them to get the kinks out of the system before anything happens to Fantasmic! fountains. It's much easier to troubleshoot one brand new system than it is two at the same time.
    I totally understand all this, but what you said in your other post was kind of my point. Regardless of if or when they actually upgrade the fountains there is still all kinds of other maintenance and upgrades to underwater apperatus like pump intakes and long lines which are part of the fountain system and need to be done now. If the things that require full river draining are not done now it would innevitably require another full draining, which is obviously something that should be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I totally understand all this, but what you said in your other post was kind of my point. Regardless of if or when they actually upgrade the fountains there is still all kinds of other maintenance and upgrades to underwater apperatus like pump intakes and long lines which are part of the fountain system and need to be done now. If the things that require full river draining are not done now it would innevitably require another full draining, which is obviously something that should be avoided.
    All that equipment is contained within the fountain "vaults" and the pump house.

A fountain refurbishment requires only that the vaults themselves be drained and worked on. Mark Twain, Columbia, Rafts and Canoes can still operate with that area drained. There's no need to prolong a full drain when that sort of maintenance was designed to be performed independently of a river drain.

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    In response to the size of the old fountains, is space really an issue in the ROA?
    No but they are limited to the area dedicated to F!. If they updated the fountains they might have room to add more fountains to the area.
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek138 View Post
    No but they are limited to the area dedicated to F!. If they updated the fountains they might have room to add more fountains to the area.
    So really the only way they would benifit is if they were already planning to add more fountains to the place. Otherwise, its a variation of the the supersize scam.

Buying more because the extra stuff is cheaper does not justify buying more than you want or need, and I doubt they care to put in more fountains atm. They might to it, but I don't know if it is a priority.

• Minion

On Disneygeek's update this weekend, there is a pic of the old stroller/wheelchair rental location just inside the Disneyland main entrance.

Here's the link- Disneygeek's Disneyland Update Saturday, January 30, 2010

looks like they are totally reconstructing the building. This is also supposed to be the new permanent AP Processing Center right?

EDIT: By the way the pic is at the bottom of the page the link takes you to!

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    On Disneygeek's update this weekend, there is a pic of the old stroller/wheelchair rental location just inside the Disneyland main entrance.

Here's the link- Disneygeek's Disneyland Update Saturday, January 30, 2010

looks like they are totally reconstructing the building. This is also supposed to be the new permanent AP Processing Center right?

EDIT: By the way the pic is at the bottom of the page the link takes you to!
    It has never *officially* been said what that building will be now. I am betting another little store just like the one on the other side of the entrance. There is really no way that could be an AP center since there just is not enough room. Also one of the reasons to move the stroller rental location was to ease some congestion that happened in that area.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    It has never *officially* been said what that building will be now. I am betting another little store just like the one on the other side of the entrance. There is really no way that could be an AP center since there just is not enough room. Also one of the reasons to move the stroller rental location was to ease some congestion that happened in that area.
    It doesn't really make sense to put a shop on that side of the entrance since everyone heads towards the west side when leaving because that's where the exit gates are. Having an AP center there makes more sense. I don't see that it would require all that much space and it's not that small of a building.
    Last edited by bfdf55; 01-31-2010 at 09:50 PM.

• Johnny and Me!

Remember when the AP Processing was in the Bank? Space was pretty tight, but it managed to function okay.

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    It doesn't really make sense to put a sop on that side of the entrance since everyone heads towards the west side when leaving because that's where the exit gates are. Having an AP center there makes more sense. I don't see that it would require all that much space and it's not that small of a building.

They could add a simple large door open area shop like the ones on either side of the entrance into the MK.

I believe the stroller storage part of the building is still for stroller storage they just added a new entrace. If that's true there really isn't much room left to do anything big.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Talking Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    They could add a simple large door open area shop like the ones on either side of the entrance into the MK.

I believe the stroller storage part of the building is still for stroller storage they just added a new entrace. If that's true there really isn't much room left to do anything big.
    As long as a loop gets added that's all I care about.

• Future Indy Castmember

Just came back from DL.

Some progress in ROA is mostly visible in the back portion on DLRR.

Portions of the guide rail/track for Mark Twain/ Columbia are gone, possibly to be replaced.

The Mark Twain is also recieving it's refurb. The Paddle Wheel is gone from the riverboat.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

^^
    good to hear. the disneyland project tracker has bored me to tears ever since full pages have been dedicated to the stroller rental place. i mean, seriously! lets get back to talking about what possible new AA's will be implemented into the new and improved ROA!!!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM