Page 2 of 201 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    You did call in Court des Angels in the description however.
    New Orleans Square is the French Quarter -- thus, the French name for the courtyard. In the description I called it "Court of Angels" -- English.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Minion

Wow, very exciting to have a DL Tracker thread. Thanks for keeping up the good work MG!
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    New Orleans Square is the French Quarter -- thus, the French name for the courtyard. In the description I called it "Court of Angels" -- English.
    Ah gotcha now.

• Fireworks Finatic!

I remember reading on another board that Ariel's Grotto's last day will be August 17. That would make sense if they want to have the new area open in October, in time for the DVD release..

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Skipper View Post
    Yes Small World will reopen with the holiday theme. It will also have new things within the ride.
    AKA' Plush Ads.

Last edited by Space Mountain; 08-24-2008 at 01:03 AM.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Space Mountain View Post
    The Main St. refurb is now only 2 weeks in January. As POD will be getting new show stop music and the beginning of the parade will look a tiny bit different to accommodate the new Celebration! promotion coming around after the YOAMD. The main st refurb will now only be patchwork to areas in dire need of attention and not a full blown 2 month rehab. Source: upper management to us (show Support).

-SPACE
    That sucks, they should just bite the bullet and get it done right.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    I remember reading on another board that Ariel's Grotto's last day will be August 17. That would make sense if they want to have the new area open in October, in time for the DVD release..
    Do you happen to have a link to where this was said?

Quote Originally Posted by Space Mountain View Post
    The Main St. refurb is now only 2 weeks in January. As POD will be getting new show stop music and the beginning of the parade will look a tiny bit different to accommodate the new Celebration! promotion coming around after the YOAMD. The main st refurb will now only be patchwork to areas in dire need of attention and not a full blown 2 month rehab. Source: upper management to us (show Support).

-SPACE
    Interesting -- thanks for the info.

I have updated the Main Street Repaving and Pixie Hollow projects:
    Main Street, U.S.A. repaving
    Details: The 53-year-old Main Street asphalt will be replaced in a large-scale project that will put parades on hiatus. Main Street Vehicles will also not be operating during this time.
    Project Status: To begin Janury 2009
    Open Date: Some reports claim that the project will only be a two-week small-scale patch project. Other reports still claim the project will be large-scale complete repaving which will open in March 2009

Ariel's Grotto / Pixie Hollow re-theme
    Details: Ariel's Grotto and Triton Gardens on the border of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland being re-themed to Pixie Hollow with Tinkerbell and friends
    Project Status: Reports are conflicting; Some reports have the project beginning mid-August, others claim September, and others have reported an October 5 start date.
    Open Date: Late 2008.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 08-10-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Here Comes Trouble

Found this on Star Tours II update (although it talks about the development in Florida)

http://www.disneygossip.com/2008/07/...-underway.html

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Star Tours 2.0 Testing Underway?

You may not know it but Walt Disney Imagineering has offices at each of the Walt Disney World theme parks, so seeing WDI vehicles and license plates backstage is not unusual. My spies at EPCOT report that they are now seeing some WDI marked cars parked frequently over by the old Wonders Of Life pavilion, which is unusual.

What could they be doing there? Hmmm.

Well it turns out that the "Body Wars" motion-simulator vehicles are near clones of the ones used for Star Tours. Since Body Wars is no longer open to guests, it makes sense for WDI to be testing their Star Tours 2.0 ideas there.

This is my strongest evidence yet that we'll soon be seeing a new Star Wars Universe destination (or two or three or four) appear at a Disney theme park near you. Excited?
    Last edited by kristibaer; 08-11-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Banned User

I'm pretty sure that happened quite a while ago...

• Minion

does anyone know what will happen to the Little mermaid statues being used now?

Quote Originally Posted by kristibaer View Post
    Found this on Star Tours II update (although it talks about the development in Florida)

http://www.disneygossip.com/2008/07/...-underway.html

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Star Tours 2.0 Testing Underway?

You may not know it but Walt Disney Imagineering has offices at each of the Walt Disney World theme parks, so seeing WDI vehicles and license plates backstage is not unusual. My spies at EPCOT report that they are now seeing some WDI marked cars parked frequently over by the old Wonders Of Life pavilion, which is unusual.

What could they be doing there? Hmmm.

Well it turns out that the "Body Wars" motion-simulator vehicles are near clones of the ones used for Star Tours. Since Body Wars is no longer open to guests, it makes sense for WDI to be testing their Star Tours 2.0 ideas there.

This is my strongest evidence yet that we'll soon be seeing a new Star Wars Universe destination (or two or three or four) appear at a Disney theme park near you. Excited?

I just came from working at wdw and I'm not sure if anything is happening. Now what I do know is that pavilion has been dormant (except for the Epcot Flower and Garden festival) for at least a couple of years. What could they be doing there? It really is a mystery. They could be getting ready to put in another attraction? Or they could be testing for Star Tours 2.0? It could also be a decieving thing and they're really working on the Energy pavilion.

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by formercast View Post
    I just came from working at wdw and I'm not sure if anything is happening. Now what I do know is that pavilion has been dormant (except for the Epcot Flower and Garden festival) for at least a couple of years. What could they be doing there? It really is a mystery. They could be getting ready to put in another attraction? Or they could be testing for Star Tours 2.0? It could also be a decieving thing and they're really working on the Energy pavilion.
    Welcome to MC and thanks for the update! I tend to post Star Tours news with a grain of salt, but it's great to get someone else's take too!
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by formercast View Post
    It could also be a decieving thing and they're really working on the Energy pavilion.
    Expect something to be done to Imagination & Wonders of Life, & even Test Track before Energy.

David Koenig reports:

Disneyland has decided upon Sunday August 17 as the final day for Triton's Garden. Construction will begin next week on converting the area to Pixie Hollow and Tinker Bell Meet & Greet.

"So," encourages one cast member, "if you want a photo taken with Ariel as a mermaid, this is the last week to do it until 2010... when her new greeting location opens next to her new attraction at DCA."

• Banned User

According to Laughing Place:

Sources have told LaughingPlace.com that they've confirmed Star Tours 2.0 is currently in production. The movie should be announced in the fall for a summer '09 launch. Currently only Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios have agreed to take the new movie.

Page 2 of 201 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM