Page 21 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324314671121 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 3011
  1. #301

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I hate that they destroyed the court of angels by adding those merhcandise shelves right in the middle of it. Hopefully its just a temporary holiday idea, better yet i hope no one buys anything there so it gets removed
    Unfortunately plenty of people were browsing the shop while I was there on Saturday. Even saw a couple purchases.

    The thing I dislike most is that the decorations aren't even the normal decorations for the courtyard. The decor wasn't the somewhat tacky-looking blue/teal scheme it is now...




    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  2. #302

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    I personally think the decorations, look fine. And guys, it's TEMPORARY!!!

  3. #303

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,069

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I personally think the decorations, look fine. And guys, it's TEMPORARY!!!
    Says who? There's no official word that it is. Just a hope... a wish, that it will be temporary. 'Cause why else would people keep saying "hopefully, it's just temporary"?

  4. #304

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Says who? There's no official word that it is. Just a hope... a wish, that it will be temporary. 'Cause why else would people keep saying "hopefully, it's just temporary"?
    Says sources & common sense.

  5. #305

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I personally think the decorations, look fine. And guys, it's TEMPORARY!!!
    Well, it certainly looks temporary, but I think we should wait before we jump to conclusions.

  6. #306

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,608

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    The Christmas shop next to it sells the merchandise year round so it could easily stay all year long as well.

    The shelves do look like they get brought into the shop nightly by the castmembers but the station with the cash register could definately stay there with no problem.


    I think the problem i have is that they have so many shops in the park and a few buildings here and there were they could add these seasonal items yet they go ahead and destroy small little areas that people normally want to experience and have a moment.

    There has been so many times where i see the court of angels being the spot for a few moments of reflection between couples or families. Now that is gone

  7. #307

    • is too darn hot.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    It's all about the LBC, yo!
    Posts
    14,849

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    I think I saw somebody propose there once.

    What's next? A shop by Snow White's Wishing Well?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

    On Track for Weight Loss!


  8. #308

    • is too darn hot.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    It's all about the LBC, yo!
    Posts
    14,849

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    . Double post... Sorry.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

    On Track for Weight Loss!


  9. #309

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I hate that they destroyed the court of angels by adding those merhcandise shelves right in the middle of it. Hopefully its just a temporary holiday idea, better yet i hope no one buys anything there so it gets removed
    AMEN!

  10. #310

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Also, thank you for the updated info on Tomorrowland Baloo. It is exciting to think it may be starting next year!

    I also went to the BlueSky website and could not find the info that the person "leaked" on tomorrowland. Anyone have a link?

  11. #311

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    It does look pretty pathetic. At least they could have made it a little better themed. It looks like some CM's just dragged some displays outside without permission because it was crowded inside the store that day. When I heard about this I thought it would be more extensive and more thoughtful.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  12. #312

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,608

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Also, thank you for the updated info on Tomorrowland Baloo. It is exciting to think it may be starting next year!

    I also went to the BlueSky website and could not find the info that the person "leaked" on tomorrowland. Anyone have a link?
    look at the report for this month titled "World gone Wild" he doesn't reveal much just tidbits about whats going on worldwide and mentions the Tokyo tomorrowland project which might affect the Anaheim tomorrowland project


    ---a section of Honor Hunters update regarding projects around the world

    http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/20...gone-wild.html


    "It's not known yet how this has affected the redo of Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland that WDI is working on. When I last talked with my Bothans that was still on. The project that Imagineers have been working on for the redo of TL was/is a welcome thing. It was originally going to be done back in the late 90's when the remake would be known as "Sci-Fi City", but because of the OLC deciding to spend that money on Tokyo DisneySEA, those funds were diverted to the expansion of the park in general. Hopefully, this project hasn't died because WDI was going to use all the R & D from this to justify the makeover here in Anaheim. This was going to make it easier to justify the large redo of TL in Disneyland as the development cost would have been subsidized by our partners in Japan. The status of this project is unknown as of yet."
    Last edited by Baloo; 10-13-2008 at 10:16 AM.

  13. #313

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Also, thank you for the updated info on Tomorrowland Baloo. It is exciting to think it may be starting next year!

    I also went to the BlueSky website and could not find the info that the person "leaked" on tomorrowland. Anyone have a link?
    It was in the article called World Gone Wild. Here's the quote.

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor Hunter
    It's not known yet how this has affected the redo of Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland that WDI is working on. When I last talked with my Bothans that was still on. The project that Imagineers have been working on for the redo of TL was/is a welcome thing. It was originally going to be done back in the late 90's when the remake would be known as "Sci-Fi City", but because of the OLC deciding to spend that money on Tokyo DisneySEA, those funds were diverted to the expansion of the park in general. Hopefully, this project hasn't died because WDI was going to use all the R & D from this to justify the makeover here in Anaheim. This was going to make it easier to justify the large redo of TL in Disneyland as the development cost would have been subsidized by our partners in Japan. The status of this project is unknown as of yet.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  14. #314

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Ohhh okay. Thank you. I saw that one but didn't read it. Didn't think it pertained to what you were talking about. Off I go....

    Thanks Baloo & Uncle Bob!

    Height with Walkways in Tomorrowland? Wow! That opens up that land in so many ways. Talk about a land with movement in every direction. This really will lighten the load of people on the ground and it will also be the first land with height walkways. Very cool! Hopefully the public won't be able to see over the Orange Grove into Anaheim....
    Last edited by disneyland255; 10-13-2008 at 10:18 AM.

  15. #315

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    I can't believe I'm the only one here who is outraged that Disney is putting Star Tours 2 on hold...

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
  12. 02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
  13. 01-19-2009, 10:10 AM
  14. 01-06-2009, 09:16 AM
  15. 10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
  16. 10-21-2008, 12:06 AM
  17. 10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
  18. 10-01-2008, 09:00 PM
  19. 09-01-2008, 12:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •