Page 25 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728355075125 ... LastLast

• Never Growing up

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

I was reading the first few pages to this thread... The Snow White and Pinocchio rides aren't exactly the greatest rides. Snow White doesn't have many of the main parts like they do in the movie it just ends just like Pinocchio, they just end... My niece and nephew were disappointed by the rides and Pinocchio scared my niece. They loved Mr. Toads because they could "drive the car." I agree that many teenagers go on the ride because as a little kid, I would go on that ride constantly and getting my parents annoyed by asking to stay on the ride 3 or 4 times in a row. It's a litte more face paced than Snow White and Pinocchio. I don't think they would get rid of it just yet, maybe sometime in the distant future. Around the busy times of the year, that ride always has a long line, and I'm not saying Snow White and Pinocchio don't, their lines just aren't as long.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

On the DCA fun map- in the upper left hand corner, there is a character right below the Soarin' hanglider. Who is that? And is it a hint of things to come?
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    On the DCA fun map- in the upper left hand corner, there is a character right below the Soarin' hanglider. Who is that? And is it a hint of things to come?
    Wrong thread buddy!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

A small update..... Photos from 10/19

PIXIE HOLLOW

FRY CART REMOVAL

CASTLE PROGRESS

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Thanks for the update!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Wow, I really like that Pixie Hollow sign!

• Collision speed....FULL!

I can't believe how fast they are going on that Pixie Hollow!

• I'm not really here

They are seriously hauling with Pixie Hollow. I'm impressed! I agree Luke, the Pixie Hollow sign is very nice. Anyone know where I can get my hands on the old Ariel's grotto sign? I wants it for me =D

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

The work being done on Pixie hollow shows the drastic change of thinking from previous management. Something as simple as a meet and greet is getting the attention it deserves.

If this had happened a few years back before the 50th the area would have had a simple backdrop (anyone remember how bad the meet and greet for "Atlantis" was) in some corner on mainstreet. Then there would had been an elaborate set-up for merchandise and pin event.

Even the amount of work being added to the founatin area is amazing. The pipes that gave the king triton fountain water is becoming a maze of water nozzles. I wonder what they have planned for that.

• I'm not really here

I noticed all those nozzles and was wondering that myself.

It really is refreshing to see so much detail and effort put in. Gives me hope for the future and warms my heart.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• DCA FTW!

It's looking good, my niece can't wait for this to open.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    We really need an update on ISAW, SBC, and Pixie Hollow soon. Please????
    We were there 10/6-10/10. On 10/10, the conductor on the Disneyland Railroad said IASW was opening on 11/29.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Brady MacDonald over at the LA Times Funland Blog has some info on Pixie Hollow, including a soft-open date of (tomorrow) Friday, October 24.

Tinker Bell moves into new Disneyland home, giving Ariel the boot
    How do you sit down for a photo with Tinker Bell without actually sitting on the palm-size pixie? We’ll soon find out when Peter Pan’s fairy friend gets her own meet-and-greet area at Disneyland.

Pixie Hollow, which takes the place of Ariel’s Grotto near the Matterhorn Bobsleds, is expected to soft open on Friday, Oct. 24, 2008 in advance of an official opening next week.

Visitors walking past an “enchanted” pond will feel as though they are shrinking to the size of a fairy through a series of visual and audio cues. Bronze statues of the five Disney fairies — Iradessa, Rosetta, Fawn, Silvermist and, of course, Tinker Bell — line the pathway. Along the way, whispers and echoes emanate from the fantasy fairy world. Tinker Bell, played by a 5-foot-tall face character, poses for photos in front of her home, an upside-down tea pot.

Most folks won’t think twice about posing for a picture next to a pixie that can fit through a keyhole. After all, Disneyland is a place where dogs walk on their hind legs, pants-less ducks swear like sailors and squeaky-voiced mice run the place.

Life-size Tinks already appear in Disneyland’s Parade of Dreams and high above Sleeping Beauty Castle in the nighttime fireworks show.

The evicted Little Mermaid will be shedding her tailfin and donning a dress over in the Princess Fantasy Faire at the Fantasyland Theater.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

I look forward to seeing how this area will mix in with Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. The Ariel area fit pretty well I thought. This will be a huge thing for little girls.

• Lowering Expectations

Will this Tinker Bell face character be a talking character? I suppose since she breaks her vow of silence in her new movie, no one will think twice about sharing a conversation with a pixie who used to talk only with sparkly sounds. (With rare exceptions, one being an old recording of Tink narrating a Disneyland tour on a record.)
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM