Page 26 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829365176126 ... LastLast

• DCA FTW!

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Tink looks good, is that the exact one we're getting here in Cali?
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Will this Tinker Bell face character be a talking character? I suppose since she breaks her vow of silence in her new movie, no one will think twice about sharing a conversation with a pixie who used to talk only with sparkly sounds. (With rare exceptions, one being an old recording of Tink narrating a Disneyland tour on a record.)
    I think I remember hearing somewhere that once your are transported into "Pixie Hollow" and you are the size of a fairy that you can understand what she is saying. But when she is in tiny fairy form you cannot.

• Minion

I heard that too DevilSaint!

Will this Tinker Bell face character be a talking character? I suppose since she breaks her vow of silence in her new movie, no one will think twice about sharing a conversation with a pixie who used to talk only with sparkly sounds. (With rare exceptions, one being an old recording of Tink narrating a Disneyland tour on a record.)
    The fairies are able to talk with humans only when they are within the realm of pixie hollow according to Disney. The area is being highly themed to replicate her home of pixie hollow so she should be able to speak with you.

Also according to someone that is familair with this new meet and greet area, pixie hollow will have several audio and special effects features that will be introduced slowly as time progresses.

basing on picture we have seen online the pond itself looks like it will be more complex than what used to be there
    Last edited by Baloo; 10-23-2008 at 01:32 PM.

• Minion

It sounds cheesy, but it's Disney!

• Minion

So if we shrink to the size of a dwarf and give Dopey his own home will we be able to talk to him too? How about Dumbo?

(Pardon me while I play devil's advocate here.)

• Minion

But, the dwarves could talk. Dumbo couldn't talk because he was a child...only the adult elephants spoke.

• Minion

Master Gracy, thank you for the update. I missed it when you posted it and just found it.

So if we shrink to the size of a dwarf and give Dopey his own home will we be able to talk to him too? How about Dumbo?

(Pardon me while I play devil's advocate here.)
    Dopey could not talk, he was a mute and Dumbo was a child so i don't think that would be possible.

• I'm not really here

I am really looking forward to seeing how they transition from full sized humans to the size of Tinkerbell et. al.

And what they heck they are doing to the pond in there. That is a serious amount of tubing going in there. I can't tell if it is water tubing, or if there are LED lighting effects as well to make the pond shimmer and sparkle. I can think of a dozen things they could be doing... and I can't wait for photos/video of it, especially at night.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I am really looking forward to seeing how they transition from full sized humans to the size of Tinkerbell et. al.

And what they heck they are doing to the pond in there. That is a serious amount of tubing going in there. I can't tell if it is water tubing, or if there are LED lighting effects as well to make the pond shimmer and sparkle. I can think of a dozen things they could be doing... and I can't wait for photos/video of it, especially at night.
    Magnification!

As for the tubing, why would water need tubing? If there are going to be little fountains, they just need the shooter part, since there's plenty of water all around.

I hope it's some awesome shimmering pond effect.

EDIT: Actually, there is the one main pipe that feeds the rest of the tubes and that does kind of look like it's more for water. But why would they need to pipe water around?

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    EDIT: Actually, there is the one main pipe that feeds the rest of the tubes and that does kind of look like it's more for water. But why would they need to pipe water around?
    Making the pond bubble and wave in different patterns. It could be air instead of water and we'll get fine bubbles in the pond like it is effervescing. It could be thin little fountains depending on how close to the surface it is.

Heck, it could be for natural gas and they light Pixie Hollow ablaze every night ala RoA during Fantasmic!.

I just can't quite tell from these images. Anyone have a super hi-res zoomed in on these things? Or has anyone heard, or in the know about them? I'm really curious.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• "I Break Things"

So was anyone in the park today... rumor has it that it didn't soft open as the article had suggested.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Making the pond bubble and wave in different patterns. It could be air instead of water and we'll get fine bubbles in the pond like it is effervescing. It could be thin little fountains depending on how close to the surface it is.

Heck, it could be for natural gas and they light Pixie Hollow ablaze every night ala RoA during Fantasmic!.

I just can't quite tell from these images. Anyone have a super hi-res zoomed in on these things? Or has anyone heard, or in the know about them? I'm really curious.
    Let's hope they don't fry any pixies. Ewwww

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Magnification!
    Well said!

But this time we aren't in atommobiles.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM