Page 26 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829365176126 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 3011
  1. #376

    • DCA FTW!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, California, United States
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Tink looks good, is that the exact one we're getting here in Cali?
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

  2. #377

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    215

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Will this Tinker Bell face character be a talking character? I suppose since she breaks her vow of silence in her new movie, no one will think twice about sharing a conversation with a pixie who used to talk only with sparkly sounds. (With rare exceptions, one being an old recording of Tink narrating a Disneyland tour on a record.)
    I think I remember hearing somewhere that once your are transported into "Pixie Hollow" and you are the size of a fairy that you can understand what she is saying. But when she is in tiny fairy form you cannot.

  3. #378

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    I heard that too DevilSaint!

  4. #379

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,636

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Will this Tinker Bell face character be a talking character? I suppose since she breaks her vow of silence in her new movie, no one will think twice about sharing a conversation with a pixie who used to talk only with sparkly sounds. (With rare exceptions, one being an old recording of Tink narrating a Disneyland tour on a record.)
    The fairies are able to talk with humans only when they are within the realm of pixie hollow according to Disney. The area is being highly themed to replicate her home of pixie hollow so she should be able to speak with you.


    Also according to someone that is familair with this new meet and greet area, pixie hollow will have several audio and special effects features that will be introduced slowly as time progresses.

    basing on picture we have seen online the pond itself looks like it will be more complex than what used to be there
    Last edited by Baloo; 10-23-2008 at 01:32 PM.

  5. #380

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    It sounds cheesy, but it's Disney!

  6. #381

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,061

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    So if we shrink to the size of a dwarf and give Dopey his own home will we be able to talk to him too? How about Dumbo?

    (Pardon me while I play devil's advocate here.)


  7. #382

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    But, the dwarves could talk. Dumbo couldn't talk because he was a child...only the adult elephants spoke.

  8. #383

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Master Gracy, thank you for the update. I missed it when you posted it and just found it.

  9. #384

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,636

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    So if we shrink to the size of a dwarf and give Dopey his own home will we be able to talk to him too? How about Dumbo?

    (Pardon me while I play devil's advocate here.)
    Dopey could not talk, he was a mute and Dumbo was a child so i don't think that would be possible.

  10. #385

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,236

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    I am really looking forward to seeing how they transition from full sized humans to the size of Tinkerbell et. al.

    And what they heck they are doing to the pond in there. That is a serious amount of tubing going in there. I can't tell if it is water tubing, or if there are LED lighting effects as well to make the pond shimmer and sparkle. I can think of a dozen things they could be doing... and I can't wait for photos/video of it, especially at night.

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  11. #386

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I am really looking forward to seeing how they transition from full sized humans to the size of Tinkerbell et. al.

    And what they heck they are doing to the pond in there. That is a serious amount of tubing going in there. I can't tell if it is water tubing, or if there are LED lighting effects as well to make the pond shimmer and sparkle. I can think of a dozen things they could be doing... and I can't wait for photos/video of it, especially at night.
    Magnification!

    As for the tubing, why would water need tubing? If there are going to be little fountains, they just need the shooter part, since there's plenty of water all around.

    I hope it's some awesome shimmering pond effect.

    EDIT: Actually, there is the one main pipe that feeds the rest of the tubes and that does kind of look like it's more for water. But why would they need to pipe water around?

  12. #387

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,236

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    EDIT: Actually, there is the one main pipe that feeds the rest of the tubes and that does kind of look like it's more for water. But why would they need to pipe water around?
    Making the pond bubble and wave in different patterns. It could be air instead of water and we'll get fine bubbles in the pond like it is effervescing. It could be thin little fountains depending on how close to the surface it is.

    Heck, it could be for natural gas and they light Pixie Hollow ablaze every night ala RoA during Fantasmic!.

    I just can't quite tell from these images. Anyone have a super hi-res zoomed in on these things? Or has anyone heard, or in the know about them? I'm really curious.

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  13. #388

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    So was anyone in the park today... rumor has it that it didn't soft open as the article had suggested.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  14. #389

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Making the pond bubble and wave in different patterns. It could be air instead of water and we'll get fine bubbles in the pond like it is effervescing. It could be thin little fountains depending on how close to the surface it is.

    Heck, it could be for natural gas and they light Pixie Hollow ablaze every night ala RoA during Fantasmic!.

    I just can't quite tell from these images. Anyone have a super hi-res zoomed in on these things? Or has anyone heard, or in the know about them? I'm really curious.
    Let's hope they don't fry any pixies. Ewwww

  15. #390

    • We Go On.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Magnification!
    Well said!

    But this time we aren't in atommobiles.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
  12. 02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
  13. 01-19-2009, 10:10 AM
  14. 01-06-2009, 09:16 AM
  15. 10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
  16. 10-21-2008, 12:06 AM
  17. 10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
  18. 10-01-2008, 09:00 PM
  19. 09-01-2008, 12:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •